Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Interesting you say that, since I just took a long sabbatical from this place. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'd like Marvel to stop watering stuff down and I'd like DC to get their act together with their movies. It's hard to believe a beautiful film like Wonder Woman was immediately followed by the travesty that is Justice League. But we can only move past that.
    Yea I noticed you hadn't been around and fair enough to the rest. And yea I think DCEU is gonna move past it. Flash is the only movie in the works I cant mustard and excitement for. The rest I'm optamtsic. But I' dont like Ezras version of Barry and 2 hours of that flash scares me

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I noticed you hadn't been around and fair enough to the rest. And yea I think DCEU is gonna move past it. Flash is the only movie in the works I cant mustard and excitement for. The rest I'm optamtsic. But I' dont like Ezras version of Barry and 2 hours of that flash scares me
    Well, the Kid Flash solo still has the writer/director team from Spider-Man: Homecoming/Game Night attached, but there doesn't seem to be much forward momentum on it.

I think Aquaman and Shazam's success will make-or-break things to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oy this movie has me excited. December cant come soon enough

Mera and Manta look pristine, they just need to tone down the fins on AM. They pressed the brakes too late on cartoony. Overall the design is bueno, just seems like his character goes against the classic suit.

Manta looks totally badass and as comics-accurate as one can get without resorting to enlarging his head to laughable proportions. Spot on.

Retired

Arthur should have dorsal fins, if his fins have any functional purpose. It looks silly posing him as if he's walking down 42nd Street. Why not a swimming pose? You wouldn't know these are marine characters from the promo pics.

It takes away some of the surprise that you should get with the movie. Imagine how wonderful it would be to discover Aquaman in his traditional orange and green or Black Manta in his comics accurate suit as you watch the movie.

The only big surprise will be how it actually looks in IMAX. The colours could be very different from how they appeared in the trailer. There, Mera's hair seemed a vibrant red, but her suit looked green--in this promo her hair looks more muted but her suit an aquamarine. I'd expect that the colours will change in and out of water for Aquaman and Mera.

BANNED

We all watch these trailers many times, no? And yes, I do mean what I said in my previous post.
    Personally I only watch them once. And then only after I have already seen the film in question. Trailers tend to spoil too much for my taste.

Retired

I got hooked on watching reaction videos for the AQUAMAN and SHAZAM! trailers, so I can't count how many times I've seen both, but the trailers weren't my focus, it was the reactions.

I don't need to see any more trailers for either movie--but it's inescapable if I watch youtube shows about comics. However, I feel like I got all that I need from those trailers and any more would be too much information. Just put me in suspended animation and bring me out on December 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    They look amazing.
    Honestly, I think so far it looks like this movie has the best costumes of any DCEU movie.

Good news. Battle angel moves to feb. Bad news. Deadpool 2: pg-13 cut (complete with princess bride spoof photo and maybe new footage just for it) moves in it's place. So aquaman now has to fight two marvel films at the same time (Spider-Man and Deadpool) and transformers that was a marvel comic!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-pg-13-cut-...ece-1829399772

Disney's timing of a PG-13-cut of Deadpool 2 is anything but coincidental.

Disney's timing of a PG-13-cut of Deadpool 2 is anything but coincidental.
    It's Fox. Disney has no say in what Fox does yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Good news. Battle angel moves to feb. Bad news. Deadpool 2: pg-13 cut (complete with princess bride spoof photo and maybe new footage just for it) moves in it's place. So aquaman now has to fight two marvel films at the same time (Spider-Man and Deadpool) and transformers that was a marvel comic!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-pg-13-cut-...ece-1829399772
    DP2 PG13 cut is going to have little to no effect on Aquaman.