Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I'm guessing trailer with the reveal of the classic suit in action .

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    That was really good.

They shouldn't have showed so much of the chase scene/Black Manta fight, imo. Same thing with the intro. Hopefully, they're like the MCU and appear to show a lot but really have plenty of more awesome moments in the actual film.

Not sure I'm seeing this opening week, or even in theatres but it doesn't look too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They shouldn't have showed so much of the chase scene/Black Manta fight, imo. Same thing with the intro. Hopefully, they're like the MCU and appear to show a lot but really have plenty of more awesome moments in the actual film.

Not sure I'm seeing this opening week, or even in theatres but it doesn't look too bad.
    I feel like the marketing team determined the trailer will be 5 minutes, then had to figure out how to fill up that time, hence the extended chase scene.

Otherwise, though, this trailer has me completely hyped.

BANNED

I think it did the job it needed to, conveying that this wasn't going to be like other DCU movies and that's a good thing. But I've been burned too many times by this universe to put any real faith in it.

That's looks FREAKIN' awesome!!!

Wow.

AWESOME trailer. Significantly better than the first one we got. James Wan should direct a Justice League movie.

BANNED

I feel like I just watched the best scene (and joke) in the movie. For free.

Hope that's not the case and there's more to this, otherwise the marketing are blockheads again.

I'm still not sold on Momoa as Aquaman but that reveal of the classic suit was amazing .

Can't even front, there were some gems in that trailer. I know this world calls for it, but the white shots of their settings are just too distractingly green screened. The CG still needs work. Like that fight scene with Kidmin was waay unexpected, that was almost dope as well but something about it looked wonky.

Better than the first trailer for sure, the suit reveal gave me Marvel trailer chills. Chills which have never translated to a DC trailer. I still think this will just be "good", average but enjoyable; but that would be a great first step.

Looks fantastic still unsold on "Aquabro" personality of Arthur and really wish Wan had gotten to do this film before Snyder got any influence on Aquaman.

That trailer is much better then the last. Plus black manta in action! still more hyped for shazam but that was a better trailer then the last.

BANNED

In James Wan we trust? I KNOW we're gonna get more than that extended chase sequence. A fan of Wan's films. I know his camera play is amazing, and what you see in trailers is always never everything with him.

Not gonna lie, my hype is real on this.

Aquaman is far from my favorite DC character, but I've always had some affection for him.

However, because he's not my favorite, an Aquaman movie has a tougher job in getting me excited for it.

After having seen the 5-minute trailer, I am now excited for an Aquaman movie.

I think it was smart to do a full five-minute preview. It wasn't just smash cuts of the best stuff. It had enough room to convey the tone of the film, the chemistry of the leads, the threat of the villains, the underwater world of Atlantis, and the scope of the adventure.

It delivered all that in spades. For those of you who didn't like the Snyderverse, there really was enough here to dispel any fears you may have had that this might be Snyderesque in tone. Between Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 1984, I think the DCEU will deliver three consecutive movies that have mainstream appeal and will be well received by the audience.

I know that critics, being the cynical pseudo-intellectuals that they are, will probably damn Aquaman will tepid praise like "it's a step in the right direction" rather than allow themselves to be positive and excited. In order to pay their monthly rent, they have to fill up a 1000-word column, and so they have to bring up the Snyderverse again even though it's not pertinent to this film at all.

I think Warners was finally doing some smart marketing in releasing this 2.5 months ahead of the movie so there is enough time to get the fans excited so that the public makes up its own mind before the critics and Rotten Tomatoes have a chance to poison the well.

It'll be kind of weird to see a solo Aquaman movie make more money than Justice League, but if the rest of the movie is as good as what we've seen here, it might just do it.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 10-05-2018 at 01:13 PM.