Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1115
  1. #16
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Between L.A. & Savanna G.A.
    Posts
    875

    Default


  2. #17
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,665

    Default

    I love the idea of Billy being a huge Superman fan. Aquaman doesn't really need any Superman stuff but having Shin looking into metahumans makes sense if he's exposed to Arthur.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Da Boat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    French America
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    The Adventures of Karl Drogo underwater!!!

    My Kalisi I will rip these villains' hearts out!

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    The Adventures of Karl Drogo underwater!!!

    My Kalisi I will rip these villains' hearts out!
    Given Stargate Atlantis I'm always amazed they're not more jokes.

  5. #20

    Default

    I like that they've been quiet about Aquaman. I'm quite interested to see what kind of film it can be. I hope the rumors about DC/WB having the directors tell more self-contained stories is true. Nothing wrong with a couple of nods to the shared universe, but let the character and his world breathe on its own.

  6. #21
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    James Wan explains Randall Park's role as Dr. Stephen Shin

    I straight-up don't know who Dr. Stephen Shin is. Has he, as an Aquaverse comic book character, been as big a deal as Wan makes him out to be in this article?

  7. #22
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Welp, we are less than 5 months to go till Dec 21st's pening night, and still nada ...

    Wait, what's that?








    Wow, TWO covers???

    I think I just may have to pick up the newest issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY!

  8. #23
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Wel



    Wow, TWO covers???

    I think I just may have to pick up the newest issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY!
    Amber Heard looks stunning as Mera.

    Nicole Kidman is no slouch as Atlanna either.

    Also, Black Manta:



    And Ocean Master:


  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Welp, we are less than 5 months to go till Dec 21st's pening night, and still nada ...

    Wait, what's that?








    Wow, TWO covers???

    I think I just may have to pick up the newest issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY!
    We also know the trailer will debut at Comicon in a couple weeks.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    I really want every superhero movie to do well, because I think they are some of the most interesting characters in the history of literature, going back to Beowulf. But I'm having a really hard time getting on board with Aquaman. He has a huge hurdle to overcome for me, and that's how he was presented in Justice League.

    His character was all over the place. Very reluctant to get involved. Then super invested and eager to get right in the thick of it. I thought perhaps he was going for a brooding, serious take, and then he was the classroom cutup. He seemed like he might have an important environmental message to suggest, and then he throws trash into the ocean and no message is ever given.

    He's just all over the place. It's like he was developed by writers who had entirely different ideas of what and who he should be. I don't care how good the underwater special effects are if I don't care about the character or the story.

    I hope the guy can surpass his introduction, but given WB's track record I find no reason to be hopeful. It'll take more than a trailer to convince me they've done this right.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I really want every superhero movie to do well, because I think they are some of the most interesting characters in the history of literature, going back to Beowulf. But I'm having a really hard time getting on board with Aquaman. He has a huge hurdle to overcome for me, and that's how he was presented in Justice League.

    His character was all over the place. Very reluctant to get involved. Then super invested and eager to get right in the thick of it. I thought perhaps he was going for a brooding, serious take, and then he was the classroom cutup. He seemed like he might have an important environmental message to suggest, and then he throws trash into the ocean and no message is ever given.

    He's just all over the place. It's like he was developed by writers who had entirely different ideas of what and who he should be. I don't care how good the underwater special effects are if I don't care about the character or the story.

    I hope the guy can surpass his introduction, but given WB's track record I find no reason to be hopeful. It'll take more than a trailer to convince me they've done this right.
    I think a lot of that had to do with the different directions the studio and directors were steering Justice League in.

    I think with Wan developing this movie from the get-go we'll see a more consistency in personality, not accounting for how his character will probably change with character development and going from Arthur Curry to Aquaman to King of Atlantis.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a lot of that had to do with the different directions the studio and directors were steering Justice League in.

    I think with Wan developing this movie from the get-go we'll see a more consistency in personality, not accounting for how his character will probably change with character development and going from Arthur Curry to Aquaman to King of Atlantis.
    I hope you're right. But Wan has never made a film that interested me enough to go see it (Fast & Furious? Really?) I have slim hopes for his ability to capture my investment in this one.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  13. #28
    Spectacular Member tkitna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I really want every superhero movie to do well, because I think they are some of the most interesting characters in the history of literature, going back to Beowulf. But I'm having a really hard time getting on board with Aquaman. He has a huge hurdle to overcome for me, and that's how he was presented in Justice League.
    Same here. The whole surfer dude persona put me off. He was worse than the Flash and thats scraping the bottom of the barrel. As of right now, I have little to no interest in this movie. I'm going to proceed with severe caution.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member Sain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    I'm more interested in what they do with Mera. Even though they can equally muck her up as well, at least her costume direction is so accurate as well as improved that it has me intrigued.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    All misgivings aside, I have much higher hopes for Aquaman than that turd of a Venom movie Sony is coming out it.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •