Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I think Millar is talking visuals. Remember this is the same dude who said the DCEU is failing because the characters have too much baggage, or something to that effect.

Anyways, I agree. Regardless of movie quality, in terms of scale and scope MoS, BvS and now Aquaman (it seems) blow most MCU movies out of the water when it comes to visual spectacle and sheer epicness. I'd say IW and Doctor Strange are the only ones on that level, IMO.
    Mm, interesting. I don't have a clue who the dude is, but I think I'll keep it as such. lol that tweet alone was too much hyperbole for my liking.

I can sorta see what you mean, MoS with Krytpon and the intense City fights. BvS, ehh, I don't remember much. I think any of the Guardians movies and Ragnarok may have this beat in terms of scope though. We'll see.

Looks like my copy of lego dc super villains has a $10 off aquaman sticker for fandango that came with it. As our movies cost $6 for a matinee I have a free ticket to aquaman.

Went thru my local Target superstore for a free flu shot, then wandered through the book and toys sections. The toys section already has some of the AQUAMAN movie toy line. I saw Classic Aquaman, Gladiator Aquaman, Orm, and Black Manta figures. I'm sure Mera was there too.

Not bad, a toy line showing up 2 weeks before Halloween for a movie that opens just before Christmas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Important caveat from the original article this site fails to mention

Note: due to the sometimes abnormal holding patterns of films around this time of year, tracking ranges and long-term forecasts are more volatile than with typical releases and could shift significantly in the weeks ahead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Projections seem to be on the smallish side. I expect higher totals. The box office projection for BumbleBee is really paltry. 15-25M for the weekend? Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Projections seem to be on the smallish side. I expect higher totals. The box office projection for BumbleBee is really paltry. 15-25M for the weekend? Ouch!
    These movies especialy those 3 are gonna cannibalize each other . Then u got animated spidey and A kid friendlier version of deadpool

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    These movies especialy those 3 are gonna cannibalize each other . Then u got animated spidey and A kid friendlier version of deadpool
    Hard to imagine Spiderverse is serious competition to the other films coming out. Nor Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Hard to imagine Spiderverse is serious competition to the other films coming out. Nor Deadpool.
    Not competing for the top spot bust still making money and taking away from it. Aquaman is projected to win the weekend(by very unreliable early tracking) and makie less then 60m. Its alot of movies that people are gonna wanna see

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Not competing for the top spot bust still making money and taking away from it. Aquaman is projected to win the weekend(by very unreliable early tracking) and makie less then 60m. Its alot of movies that people are gonna wanna see
    That's true, but I don't think a significant number of them are going to close Spiderverse over the others, even Bumblebee. Animated Spiderman has potential. Spiderverse story to the general audience is confusing, and Spider-ham makes it just silly. They couldn't have picked as worse story to launch such an effort.

This picture is making it rounds on the sites. (from another site)

The image has since gone viral on social media, even catching the attention of writer Tom Taylor (Injustice, X-Men Red), who tweeted out the image with the caption, "Who did this? And thank you."
    https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-distract...d-meme-parody/

[IMG][/IMG]

Lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If Teen Titans Go! To the Movies can make 30M, can Spiderverse be in the ballpark of 60-90M? Double if not triple? It has gotten a lot of youtube views.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    If Teen Titans Go! To the Movies can make 30M, can Spiderverse be in the ballpark of 60-90M? Double if not triple? It has gotten a lot of youtube views.
    If it had Teen Titans' competition, $75 million would be an extreme upper end goal. But it has different competition, and a stupid storyline as far as the general public is concerned. $30 million seems about in the ballpark.

That's true, but I don't think a significant number of them are going to close Spiderverse over the others, even Bumblebee. Animated Spiderman has potential. Spiderverse story to the general audience is confusing, and Spider-ham makes it just silly. They couldn't have picked as worse story to launch such an effort.
    Never watched any of the trailer reactions videos? Spider-ham was the thing that got most of them jumping for joy. Family reactions videos on youtube the kids loved spider-ham even if they didn't know who he was. (some thought it was spider-pig from the simpsons!) At least two reaction said they are going to see this movie just for spider-ham and some kids knew him from the Disney xd show!

Spider-ham for this movie was smart! Plus they can make plushes of him.

here is one of the family reaction. (note these guys are comic fans)

"I love spider-ham I play him in my lego game."

Trailer #3 is out:

Gettin' just a wee bit more hyped for this!