Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Tom Curry (Arthur's dad) is played by Temuera Morrison, a New Zealand actor who is himself half-Maori and half-white.

They really went the extra mile in terms of casting someone who could relatively match Jason Momoa's own combo ethnic background.

I also like that AQUAMAN seems to be eschewing the now-overdone trope of superheroes not being raised by both of their biological parents, and that this Arthur was raised (at least to a point) by his bio-dad and bio-mom.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-01-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Tom Curry (Arthur's dad) is played by Temuera Morrison, a New Zealand actor who is himself half-Maori and half-white.

They really went the extra mile in terms of casting someone who could relatively match Jason Momoa's own combo ethnic background.

I also like that AQUAMAN seems to be eschewing the now-overdone trope of superheroes not being raised by both of their biological parents, and that this Arthur was raised (at least to a point) by his bio-dad and bio-mom.

I noticed that too.

Temuera Morrison is of Maori,Scottish,and Irish ancestry.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

The whole script for aquaman has been leaked online so if you don't want spoilers be careful!

Nice to see. But these things change all the time.
    Yeah look at venom. Also spider-verse has small tracking but is getting praised as the best animated film of the year and best Spider-Man film by critics! (if this has legs like venom that will be trouble for both aquaman and bumblebee!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The whole script for aquaman has been leaked online so if you don't want spoilers be careful!

Yeah look at venom. Also spider-verse has small tracking but is getting praised as the best animated film of the year and best Spider-Man film by critics! (if this has legs like venom that will be trouble for both aquaman and bumblebee!)
    Into the Spider-Verse is not just the best Spider-Man movie by critics, it's the best comic book movie... ever. Seriously, it has 100% on RT, with 50 REVIEWS and 9/10 AVERAGE. That is just insane. No comic book movie had this good reviews. Sure, it'll go down a little after more reviews come up, but I don't think it'll be that much. Because I remember Logan and BP's initial reviews, and even they weren't this good.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Into the Spider-Verse is not just the best Spider-Man movie by critics, it's the best comic book movie... ever. Seriously, it has 100% on RT, with 50 REVIEWS and 9/10 AVERAGE. That is just insane. No comic book movie had this good reviews. Sure, it'll go down a little after more reviews come up, but I don't think it'll be that much. Because I remember Logan and BP's initial reviews, and even they weren't this good.
    Animated films always have scores in the 90's on RT unless their Dreamworks or the cars franchise. People just don't treat animated films the same way that they would a live-action film.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 12-01-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I don't see Into the Spider-Verse as being any threat to Aquaman at all because there are still lots of teens and young adults who won't go to see an animated movie. Also, if they DO go, I don't think the average 20 year old is going to see it 5 times at the theater the way they would a live action blockbuster.

They had no trouble going to see incredibles 2 and big hero 6.

BANNED

They had no trouble going to see incredibles 2 and big hero 6.
    Pretty Sure I saw Incredibles 2 (3 times in theater), Big Hero 6 ( twice)

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I don't see Into the Spider-Verse as being any threat to Aquaman at all because there are still lots of teens and young adults who won't go to see an animated movie. Also, if they DO go, I don't think the average 20 year old is going to see it 5 times at the theater the way they would a live action blockbuster.
    Do not underestimate the popularity of Spider-Man & his universe in general. Or animated movies'.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Do not underestimate the popularity of Spider-Man & his universe in general. Or animated movies'.
    Opening projections for Spidey is 30-40M. Apparently Mortal Engines is only 12-15M. Looks like Mary Poppins is the only threat to Aquaman but I feel Curry is going to win the war. Part of me wishes they left Alita with the original release cuz I want to see Aquaman drown all the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Pretty Sure I saw Incredibles 2 (3 times in theater), Big Hero 6 ( twice)
    I wonder if the 15-25 crowd who are non-comics fans saw these movies multiple times. In any event, Spider-Verse will be in its 2nd weekend when Aquaman opens, so I don't see it doing better than Aquaman in its first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Opening projections for Spidey is 30-40M. Apparently Mortal Engines is only 12-15M. Looks like Mary Poppins is the only threat to Aquaman but I feel Curry is going to win the war. Part of me wishes they left Alita with the original release cuz I want to see Aquaman drown all the competition.
    I also want Aquaman to be the movie of the season, but I don't want the other movies to fail. I just won't be seeing them in the theaters. However, I will definitely be adding Spider-Verse to my BluRay collection as well as Mary Poppins. I'm not 100% sure about Bumblebee, but I probably will get the BluRay also.

I'm hoping Battle Angel Alita is great even though I know nothing about the manga, but the more great eyecandy movies I can add to my collection, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Battle angel got out of dodge. It won't come out till next year.

Movies are--

Mortal Engines
    Once upon a Deadpool
    Spider-Man
    mary poppins
    welcome to marwen
    bumblebee
    aquaman
    holms and Watson
    and studio ghibili's castle in the sky is getting a limited rerelease

Don't forget two movies can do well at the same time (like ralph 2 and creed 2.) Did you know ghostbusters and gremlins came out on the same day in the 80s and both were huge hits! Also bevis and butt-head do America and scream came out on the same day and both were huge hits also!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I took a look at this the other day, it looks pretty much paint by numbers SH story. Arthur being bullied as a kid looks as if it was ripped right out of Clark's origin story in Man of Steel.

And isn't Arthur supposed to be an Alpha male? Why didn't they go in the opposite direction and make him a cocky cock-of-the-walk dude who is brought low and channels his arrogance/pride/testosterone in a way that would be beneficial to others?

And don't get me started with Amber Heard. I've never liked her to begin with and from what I've seen of her she doesn't make me want to rush out to theatres.. Typical North American woman who confuses anger/shrillness with being strong. They should have a cast a British actress who knows how to be feminine and strong.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    A lot of anti-DC polemicists seem to think that every DC film has been a flop except for Wonder Woman.
    There's always a case of amnesia when it comes to the anti-DC crowd. I wouldn't worry about them too much.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Battle angel got out of dodge. It won't come out till next year.

Movies are--

Mortal Engines
    Once upon a Deadpool
    Spider-Man
    mary poppins
    welcome to marwen
    bumblebee
    aquaman
    holms and Watson
    and studio ghibili's castle in the sky is getting a limited rerelease

Don't forget two movies can do well at the same time (like ralph 2 and creed 2.) Did you know ghostbusters and gremlins came out on the same day in the 80s and both were huge hits! Also bevis and butt-head do America and scream came out on the same day and both were huge hits also!
    Not very impressed with that list. IMO only Aquaman will pass 200M domestic and Mary Poppins is a dark horse that could possibly beat Aquaman. I can see Mortal Engines bombing and everything else moderate hit or meh. I really don't think the general audience is all that hyped for cyberpunk Alita.

Venom and A Star is Born co-existed really well.