Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Latest TV spot is up:

So, Orm is Orin's younger brother? Is that how their relationship usually is in the main canon comics? Or does it change depending on the era (Golden Age, Pre-COIE, Post-COIE, New52, Rebirth)?

Because this implies (or I'm inferring) that in the movie, Arthur's mom eventually left Arthur's dad and had a kid with someone else.

Oh, the intrigue! Can't wait to see this!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Latest TV spot is up:

So, Orm is Orin's younger brother? Is that how their relationship usually is in the main canon comics? Or does it change depending on the era (Golden Age, Pre-COIE, Post-COIE, New52, Rebirth)?

Because this implies (or I'm inferring) that in the movie, Arthur's mom eventually left Arthur's dad and had a kid with someone else.

Oh, the intrigue! Can't wait to see this!
    Yep. That's how it is.

The only reason Arthur has a legitimate claim to the throne is because he is technically the firstborn. Atlanna had Arthur and eventually had to return to Atlantis to marry Orm's father. Pretty sure that's what the scene in which Atlanna is fighting Atlantean soldiers is all about. Her surface family is endangered and she decides to return to Atlantis to protect them.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Jason Momoa is supposed to be on the Kelly & Ryan show today. I guess he'll be talking about Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Jason Momoa is supposed to be on the Kelly & Ryan show today. I guess he'll be talking about Aquaman.
    11 days from release? Nah, they are going to talk about fishing and how awesome a Scrabble player he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    11 days from release? Nah, they are going to talk about fishing and how awesome a Scrabble player he is.
    That's the way most of these celebrity interviews go. They show a clip of the movie and say a few words about it, but then go off on some unrelated tangent.

AQUAMAN did more than alright for it's debut in China.

$94M for an opening weekend is better than every DCEU movie over there, but does Chinese success necessarily predict American fortune?

$94M for an opening weekend is better than every DCEU movie over there, but does Chinese success necessarily predict American fortune?
    I don't know if it "predicts" American success, but any super-positive buzz before a movie opens surely stokes box office returns here. It's happened with some of the Marvel movies, too. Building positive momentum starting with overseas box office returns will result in a great opening weekend in the US.

If China's success is followed by positive critical reviews, box office benefit from that. If Aquaman then lands at number 1 outperforming Mary Poppins, the post-Christmas headlines will be all about that, which will create further momentum for the movie going into the New Year. Lots of people will be off work and school from Dec 25 till Jan 1, so that could mean big things for Aquaman if the dominoes fall the right way.

I think its gonna kill it in America. I use to he worried about the competition but just going on Buzz. Aquaman has like 90% of the buzz I be hearing. Marry Poppins has like none but maybe it's just the circles I'm in and I could be way wrong.

Fantastic Member

Was a very good film. Most fans will like it. If venom can make money, this will be a hit.

Astonishing Member

I think the ones who were all doom and gloom for Aquaman were the DC fans. Quite a few seemed to have little faith in Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Was a very good film. Most fans will like it. If venom can make money, this will be a hit.
    Are you saying you saw the movie already? Don't spoil it, but feel free to elaborate on your feelings if you've seen it (only the good stuff--don't say things that would be a buzzkill ).
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 12-09-2018 at 05:53 PM.

By the way, we should also mention that Aquaman's $94 million from China makes it the number 1 movie globally for this weekend (Dec 7-9) even though Aquaman only played in that one country.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 12-09-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Aquaman should win the domestic box office, but it might be hard pressed to pass Venom's WW total. China likes bad movies.

Fantastic Member

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...gue-and-logan/ :

"That said, it has passed or will pass the likes of Ant-Man ($105 million), Logan ($106m), Doctor Strange ($109m), Thor: Ragnarok ($112m), Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($115m), X-Men: Days of Future Past ($116m) and Spider-Man: Homecoming ($116m) today or early tomorrow. Next up will be X-Men: Apocalypse ($120m), Ant-Man and the Wasp ($121m) and Iron Man 3 ($122m). As you can see, there is generally a ceiling in terms of what a solo MCU movie or an X-Men movie can earn."

BANNED

It stands at 78% on RT so far

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aquaman_2018/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-11-2018 at 01:35 PM.