Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Looks good

Ultimate Member

That was fantastic.

Spectacular trailer.

Some of the sharks looked a little off but they got months to touch up the cgi..but the underwater stuff looked good to me. The tipping point for this movie is if they can add depth to Arthur. He had none in Justice league but he was fun and Mamoa is a instantly believable badass..

Black Manta!!!! Love the look. Thought they woulda streamlined it but it looked great none the less. Ima have to watch it again after I calm down cause right now I just love it

oh wow some of that CGI looks a litttttle....

lets hope they have something left in the budget before release

Edit: I do like Manta's look though
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-21-2018 at 01:19 PM.

I don't think they could have done Atlantis any better. At least from what I could see from the trailer. Thank goodness they're not talking to each other in air bubbles.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just saw the trailer. Gotta say I was impressed. This could REALLY be something.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This and Shazam look very close to Geoff Johns' versions of both characters, which I liked, so no problem there. The cgi looks bad, but the story so far seems good, though pretty common
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

Black Manta looked like he'd stepped off the page.

Really liking all of Arthur and Mera's scenes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    This and Shazam look very close to Geoff Johns' versions of both characters, which I liked, so no problem there. The cgi looks bad, but the story so far seems good, though pretty common
    I didnt have any issue with the CGI except for that one shark. The rest looked fine to me. The movie is very colorful and fun like Ragnarok so much like that movie I'm ok with the CGI being just ok in parts.

Both Black panther and Ragnarok had simply ok CGI and it didnt hurt either movie for me
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-21-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Tell me how Mera's hair is the most vibrant color we've seen in these movies thus far lol. Green screen is shoddy in parts, but the world building seems nice and I'm looking forward to Mera and Manta the most. Mera is obviously his love interest, but I really hope she holds her own.

Gotta say, they really effed up by having two trailers with "school yard" bullies. lol idk why, but that speaks volumes to me as to how they percieve childhood and origin stories. If there is any red flag, it's that.

From the other thread. (i'll repost my thoughts here.)--

Shazam trailer was fun. Hate new 52 jerk billy but he does not look as jerk like here. Fun trailer. Looks like a fun movie from this trailer.

Aquaman trailer was "meh". Atlantis looked neat but was not impressed at all. Will still give it a chance.

Showed them to my family. They laughed at shazam. Aquaman one of them asked if black panther was going to show up? They said they felt like they saw this in black panther! Ouch. Does not feel as black panther like to me but I can see why they would say that. So thumb up for shazam and aquaman did not impress me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Tell me how Mera's hair is the most vibrant color we've seen in these movies thus far lol. Green screen is shoddy in parts, but the world building seems nice and I'm looking forward to Mera and Manta the most. Mera is obviously his love interest, but I really hope she holds her own.

Gotta say, they really effed up by having two trailers with "school yard" bullies. lol idk why, but that speaks volumes to me as to how they percieve childhood and origin stories. If there is any red flag, it's that.
    Bullies have always been a easy way to have the hero discover his powers. It's common place with Xmen characters.

Wan says Mera is a force of nature and is more powerful then Arthur. So if they give her some development I think she will transcend love interest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    From the other thread. (i'll repost my thoughts here.)--

Shazam trailer was fun. Hate new 52 jerk billy but he does not look as jerk like here. Fun trailer. Looks like a fun movie from this trailer.

Aquaman trailer was "meh". Atlantis looked neat but was not impressed at all. Will still give it a chance.

Showed them to my family. They laughed at shazam. Aquaman one of them asked if black panther was going to show up? They said they felt like they saw this in black panther! Ouch. Does not feel as black panther like to me but I can see why they would say that. So thumb up for shazam and aquaman did not impress me at all.
    It's the scene where u dive into the water. It mirrors the scene where they fly into the jungle and the Wakanda reveal

I guess. Maybe it's the "family member wants the throne" plot again but I don't know. Just not seeing it as black panther like myself.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It's the scene where u dive into the water. It mirrors the scene where they fly into the jungle and the Wakanda reveal
    I think it's more than just that. I can see how people who are casual viewers could feel it's similar. There's the whole challenge for the crown part with the guys on the platform and the citizens cheering. There's the armored up animals. There's the war with the outside world plot.