Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1120

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly. He didn't even say AM would fail.

And anyone that's retroactively trying to say they believed that Aquaman would get to anywhere near a billion let alone make more than it is just being disingenuous.

No one thought the movie would make this much, even WB would be surprised at how successful it was.
    True. Most of us were sure Aquaman would do so-so and that they needed to reboot the whole franchise except for Wonder Woman.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    SHAZAM! seems like good counter-programming. People will be tired of all this seriousness about the Marvel movies and might want something that's not so weighted down by its own importance.
    I thought the big knock on these boards was that Marvel was all quippy and jokey.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I thought the big knock on these boards was that Marvel was all quippy and jokey.
    Well, I haven't seen that many Marvel movies (not from Disney anyway) and I don't comment on movies I haven't seen. I might comment on trailers before the movies come out, but I can't recall ever saying that the Marvel movies were all quippy and jokey--that doesn't sound like me.

Extraordinary Member

So turns out Julie Andrews the old Mary Poppins voiced the Kraken in AM...Loooooollll. Dirty deeds..

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Um, what? He loves Man of Steel and likes both BvS and Justice League. He's a big DC fan.
    This. And he always says that Man of Steel is a great film and his #1 DCEU movie. Wonder Woman the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Not from any videos by Campea that I have watched. He craps all over the CW shows. Especially Supergirl and their Superman. He did a huge rant against the Elseworlds crossover and Superman.
    And he was predicting Aquaman would fail. Until it didn't.
    I've seen a few of his videos and Campea is a DC fan, and Man of Steel is his fave DCEU film. He's a big Superman fan, and yes he hates the CW Superman and the Supergirl show.

Also, he said Aquaman wouldn't be a big hit, but he hoped it still did well. He accepted he was wrong. He talks about the DC films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, I haven't seen that many Marvel movies (not from Disney anyway) and I don't comment on movies I haven't seen. I might comment on trailers before the movies come out, but I can't recall ever saying that the Marvel movies were all quippy and jokey--that doesn't sound like me.
    That's why I said "these boards" and not "Jim Kelly"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Huh? DCs movies have always made money. Critical acclaim or not.

The social media generation is just trying to validate what they like or love by sighting box office or RT.
    After Justice League was released, the franchise got a death sentence.

If you love DCs films then go for it, same with Marvel, same with Fox and Sony. Expecting critics to love what we love and to criticize them when we don't is infantile.
    The problem is not what we love, the problem is the lack of a level plainfield for what we all love from critics and the media.

Why is it no one was expecting Aquaman to do so well, its the subconscious mind revealing what they truly wanted. the movie crashing and burning.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So turns out Julie Andrews the old Mary Poppins voiced the Kraken in AM...Loooooollll. Dirty deeds..
    In the AM movie she was Karathen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post

The problem is not what we love, the problem is the lack of a level plainfield for what we all love from critics and the media.

Why is it no one was expecting Aquaman to do so well, its the subconscious mind revealing what they truly wanted. the movie crashing and burning.
    The bolded part will never, ever happen nor should it happen. There are certain critics that I follow and listen to and trust their opinions, I certainly don't want these guys to fall in line with others just because something is popular or not.

At the end of the day, most good movies will find a way. Aquaman got good but not great reviews and the general audience saw it and loved it..which is ultimately what matters.

The whole "critics vs audience" debate will never end because there's never been a time when both critics and audiences agreed 100%. Personally, my tastes generally fall in line with the critics, there are very few movies that were panned by critics that I absolutely adore to be honest and conversely, there aren't many movies that critics praise that I absolutely hate.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post

Actually, Julie Andrews had a simple but solid reason not to voice The Karathen Monster in AQUAMAN rather than cameoing in MARY POPPINS RETURNS.

Basically, according to Julie, Emily Blunt IS Mary now, and Julie isn't. She apparently felt her presence in the film, however minor, would only undermine Emily's legitimacy in the role.

And how sweet was Jason Momoa's Aquaman riding Julie Andrews' Karathen???

Badass!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    In the AM movie she was Karathen.
    She did a good job.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Actually, Julie Andrews had a simple but solid reason not to voice The Karathen Monster in AQUAMAN rather than cameoing in MARY POPPINS RETURNS.

Basically, according to Julie, Emily Blunt IS Mary now, and Julie isn't. She apparently felt her presence in the film, however minor, would only undermine Emily's legitimacy in the role.

And how sweet was Jason Momoa's Aquaman riding Julie Andrews' Karathen???

Badass!
    I suspect Julie was playing for direct competition to MP for more sinister reasons lol. But yeah that Karathen was crazy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    So what was difference between Transformers the Last Knight and JL? The talk of the JL causing such harm to the DCEU has been overblown.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    So what was difference between Transformers the Last Knight and JL? The talk of the JL causing such harm to the DCEU has been overblown.
    It was only overblown by people that wanted aquaman to fail.

Now I understand why the Karathen sounded so snarky.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.