Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I guess. Maybe it's the "family member wants the throne" plot again but I don't know. Just not seeing it as black panther like myself.
    Yea to me the reveal of Atlantis mimicked Black Panther but that's it the rest feels very unique to Aquaman. The fisherking and his people looked cool af to me. Only got a quick shot of them in motion but I liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Bullies have always been a easy way to have the hero discover his powers. It's common place with Xmen characters.

Wan says Mera is a force of nature and is more powerful then Arthur. So if they give her some development I think she will transcend love interest
    You're not lying, but the execution is still tired nonetheless.

Hmm. I'll be glad if this is the case; wouldn't even mind if she stole the show like The Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think it's more than just that. I can see how people who are casual viewers could feel it's similar. There's the whole challenge for the crown part with the guys on the platform and the citizens cheering. There's the armored up animals. There's the war with the outside world plot.
    Both contender's for the crown were long lost family members too. You're right, the latter two didn't pop out at me until you said it. I don't think it's jarring qyite yet though.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

This looks cool. I'm officially boarding the hype train.

Though I'd never see this in live action. Wow. Just wow. Can't wait to see this in theaters.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Both contender's for the crown were long lost family members too. You're right, the latter two didn't pop out at me until you said it. I don't think it's jarring qyite yet though.
    Yeah, I was just hypothesizing based on the comment that someone's friends thought it looked like BP. That was not in my head until they posted that.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Though I'd never see this in live action. Wow. Just wow. Can't wait to see this in theaters.
    I lost my shit when i saw that.

The idea that X DC project is going to fail because the it is familiar to X Marvel film is about as old the DCEU itself. I remember these folks said DC couldn't use Braniac as a villain because of Ultron...you know, that iconic villain that isn't totally forgotten. Pretty much every DC film property gets accused of this; SS is a rip off of GG! WW is a rip-off of Captain America!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The idea that X DC project is going to fail because the it is familiar to X Marvel film is about as old the DCEU itself. I remember these folks said DC couldn't use Braniac as a villain because of Ultron...you know, that iconic villain that isn't totally forgotten. Pretty much every DC film property gets accused of this; SS is a rip off of GG! WW is a rip-off of Captain America!
    Those are Marvel fans being disingenuous, they know those films are different.

This does look good, but Unfortunately no other huge announcements. With WB/DC supposedly being done with "big slate announcements" it is just a little disappointing that we only got movies teased that'll be coming out between now and 2019.
    Although i'm not really surprised by it either. They definitely could have cleared up the Affleck and Leto stuff at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yeah, I was just hypothesizing based on the comment that someone's friends thought it looked like BP. That was not in my head until they posted that.
    Yea same, I get that.

Couple of my favorite shots.

Kinda sad my brain is already getting conditioned to question what scenes in the teaser/trailers won't make it in the film. Yea, that's normal but it's been on a suspicious level lately I feel.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

love how retro Manta looks. Like straight out of a weird 60's/70s scifi magazine.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 07-21-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Those are Marvel fans being disingenuous, they know those films are different.
    Oh yeah, it reminds me of when people who hated MoS and BvS were 'shocked' they didn't like JL.

This does look good, but Unfortunately no other huge announcements. With WB/DC supposedly being done with "big slate announcements" it is just a little disappointing that we only got movies teased that'll be coming out between now and 2019.
    Although i'm not really surprised by it either. They definitely could have cleared up the Affleck and Leto stuff at the very least.
    They are not leaving, those were just lies. Not to mention Ben Affleck needs money.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 07-21-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

very cool. hopefully this will have a very exciting run at the box office.

Retired

I feel like I need to see this trailer on the big screen, in a theatre, for the full effect. And if I get that sense from the trailer, then seeing the actual movie ought to be an IMAX experience. That's probably the big selling point for the movie--people have got to see it in the theatre with the best sound and picture quality, not at home on pirated video.

Astonishing Member

Overall the trailer did well I thought. There were a couple obvious green screen issues that reminded me of Justice League though. Manta looked cool to me.

Avengers 4
    Aquaman
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Every other cbm coming out in the next 2 years. But ice been vocal about liking Mamoa's casting from the jump.