Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    You're not lying, but the execution is still tired nonetheless.

Hmm. I'll be glad if this is the case; wouldn't even mind if she stole the show like The Wasp.

Both contender's for the crown were long lost family members too. You're right, the latter two didn't pop out at me until you said it. I don't think it's jarring qyite yet though.
    Wasp stole the show? The best I can say about her is that she was more likeable than the previous movie. But she was still one of the least interesting characters in AM&tW.

Anyway, trailer looks nice. Uff, that red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wasp stole the show? The best I can say about her is that she was more likeable than the previous movie. But she was still one of the least interesting characters in AM&tW.

Anyway, trailer looks nice. Uff, that red hair.
    You think so? Who else then? I wanted Ghost to take the trophy, but they needed to let her story cook just a little bit longer. They kind of nerfed Scott, so I'm left with Wasp.

If everything goes well, I hope MCU's Jean Grey is just as red.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Though I'd never see this in live action. Wow. Just wow. Can't wait to see this in theaters.
    Fuckin Black Manta sealed the deal for me. Looks Dope.

AQUAMAN looks awesome.

Can't wait to visit Atlantis!

Was Ocean Master blonde in the comics?

Because Patrick Wilson looks way more like Classic Aquaman here than Jason Momoa himself ever has.

Btw, actually loved Jason as Arthur in JL, but his look is directly taken from Peter David's 1990s revamp and not at all from any Aquaman before.

And will there be an ENTOURAGE cameo in the movie? Or at least a pointed joke directly at their expense? Seems only fair.

It's probably nothing but why are some scenes set in the desert for a character that is about water?

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    It's probably nothing but why are some scenes set in the desert for a character that is about water?
    Maybe that's exactly why? The villain has forced them to abandon their home-field advantage? I don't know much about Aquaman.

Forbes calls aquaman trailer a black panther rip-off! (note they also give the trailer thumbs up for it's cheese and classic comic book look. They just complain about the plot.) Also it's starting. People online are saying it feels like black panther also.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidip.../#525c819249b3

And the plot seems strangely, perhaps intentionally, similar to Black Panther. Two rivals for the throne, chosen by a deathmatch in front of screaming spectators? A hidden, ancient society ready to overthrow our world at a moments notice? A side-character with a ridiculous mask?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-22-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Forbes calls aquaman trailer a black panther rip-off! (note they also give the trailer thumbs up for it's cheese and classic comic book look. They just complain about the plot.) Also it's starting. People online are saying it feels like black panther also.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidip.../#525c819249b3
    Oh come on now. This is quite a stretch.

A lot of people are saying this. Even reel rejects said it. (but they still loved the trailer.) They even fight for the crown in a duel with sticks with a crowd just like BP and the family member wants to use their country to attack the world plot again. Didn't really see it till it was pointed out by people now I can. This was all from the comics so I feel bad for aquaman here. This is from his comics. BP just beat them to the punch at the movies.

Looks like it's the sharks people are talking about most. people on other forums are making fun of the "roaring shark" and picking on the shark that breaks the glass pointing out they don't use glass much anymore and that shark would have broke his face. (to me that's a lot of nitpick. It's a movie where a guy talks to fish. I don't watch comic movies for real world. I watch them for fun. Who cares if the shark can break the glass.)

Also this meme is making the rounds. (found it on the transformers forum.)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-22-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Hahah, verbalizing that contrast should have tipped you off that it isn't an accident. That actually makes me curious in the best ways, wondering what specific limitations, weaknesses, and strengths they'll have in that setting; what brings them there, who/what are they looking for, etc.

One of the things that put a smile on my face is that reason alone, which is that they didn't predictably just shoot underwater settings. (seemingly)

? dble post glitch
    Last edited by Sain; 07-22-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Retired

My guess is Arthur and Mera are searching for artifacts of Atlan that were lost when Atlantis sank, so they have to go on this globe trotting quest over land to find them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think it's more than just that. I can see how people who are casual viewers could feel it's similar. There's the whole challenge for the crown part with the guys on the platform and the citizens cheering. There's the armored up animals. There's the war with the outside world plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh come on now. This is quite a stretch.
    Tbf as a huge DC guy I saw the trailer and knew that the comparisons were coming

Not a fair comparison. The characters are both warrior kings from fantastical kingdoms same as Namor and Black Bolt any movie done right is gonna have similarities. In no way makes it a RIP off