Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Legacy Virus returns?

A theory by CBR. The Legacy Virus may return.

Remember the virus decades ago that killed Pyro, Absalom, Infectia and Revanche? It was stopped due to the sacrifice of Colossus (great scene with Peter and Cecilia Reyes.

Now 0101 May bring it all back.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-gold-colossus-legacy-virus/
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Didn't Marvel just do this with the whole terrigen cloud and sickness that it caused...it would be incredibly stupid to go through that all over again so soon after the Inhuman mess imho...

Astonishing Member

Well since having new ideas is wrong and repeating old storylines is right for reasions no one can understand or explane i see it happening.
    I hope colossus deaths forces kitty to get together with rachel or magik. (And kills all the alt universe characters added since 2010)

BANNED

If Guggenheim kills Colossus on the wedding day, Gold will retroactively be a GOAT run.

Ultimate Member

Have him die just before the wedding night to be extra cruel...though no I'd rather he send them off to their honeymoon and then leave Gold to write them in some other title or something like that...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well since having new ideas is wrong and repeating old storylines is right for reasions no one can understand or explane i see it happening.
    I hope colossus deaths forces kitty to get together with rachel or magik. (And kills all the alt universe characters added since 2010)
    This. Rehashing old storylines seems to be Marvel's thing. Who needs development when you can do that.

So I wouldn't put it past them, even though the T-Mist was JUST done last year.

BANNED

But what if the legacy virus kills inhumans

Oh no! I thought we were done with the Legacy Virus! Why are Marvel writers always being nihilists, concentrating on maimng and killing off their characters?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh no! I thought we were done with the Legacy Virus! Why are Marvel writers always being nihilists, concentrating on maimng and killing off their characters?
    Because when they kill them off, they can leave room open to revive them later for a chance as cheap excitement. See Wolverine & Multiple Man lol

BANNED

To be fair, it's about time Colossus is put on the backburner. He's been a flagship mainstay for 14 years, only sitting out Bendis' 3 year run. With the exception of Scott and Emma, he's the most prolific X-Man in the main books.

Okay everyone's reacting really weirdly to this. If it is true, I'm fine with it. Why? It's going to be the evil plan of the villain that's going to be foiled by the hero in time for the wedding.

Really, how is it going to be anything else. Guggenheim's writing isn't that interesting

Can't Marvel kill Kitty instead? I really rather Piotr to her... I actually find Kitty insufferable....
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Okay everyone's reacting really weirdly to this. If it is true, I'm fine with it. Why? It's going to be the evil plan of the villain that's going to be foiled by the hero in time for the wedding.

Really, how is it going to be anything else. Guggenheim's writing isn't that interesting
    We're all still in the denial and bargaining phases.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

So tired of the X-Men being threatened with extinction. Marvel needs new story-lines ASAP.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    So tired of the X-Men being threatened with extinction. Marvel needs new story-lines ASAP.
    It's not a story-line, it's a cbr article