BANNED

Default Mera and the Justice League: What is the relationship and should she be a member

Given her connection to Aquaman: Could anyone explain Mera's take on the Justice League and should she be a member of the team in the near future ?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

She was a member while Arthur was MIA fighting to reclaim his throne, in open rebellion.

She honestly should be a full fledged member. It would be cool if she was present at the founding too, with Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    She was a member while Arthur was MIA fighting to reclaim his throne, in open rebellion.

She honestly should be a full fledged member. It would be cool if she was present at the founding too, with Aquaman.
    Didn't the League essentially make her a full on member, and can join them whenever?

Two things
    1- Yes Mera should have membership to the Justice League and....
    2- D C needs to bring Justice Society back already because there are too many JSA qualified characters sitting in comic book limbo now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given her connection to Aquaman: Could anyone explain Mera's take on the Justice League and should she be a member of the team in the near future ?
    I honestly would rather have Vixen or Kimiyo Hoshi. I just don't see Mera as a Leaguer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I honestly would rather have Vixen or Kimiyo Hoshi. I just don't see Mera as a Leaguer
    I love Mera but I have to agree.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

No.

I love Mera, she's one of my all time favorite DC characters, but I just have never seen her as the League type, or much of the active hero type for that matter. Sure, she'll be the first to offer help if called upon, but I just don't see her actively taking part on heroics, especially with Author doing and Atlantis needing to be run.

She was one recently. But she suddenly left, Aquaman coming back instead, when Priest took over the book, even though the Aquaman storyline that caused her to take his League roster spot was still unfinished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Didn't the League essentially make her a full on member, and can join them whenever?
    Yeah, they did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    No.

I love Mera, she's one of my all time favorite DC characters, but I just have never seen her as the League type, or much of the active hero type for that matter. Sure, she'll be the first to offer help if called upon, but I just don't see her actively taking part on heroics, especially with Author doing and Atlantis needing to be run.
    What about a reserve member of the Justice League ?

I love MERA as well.but dc seems to threat her like an ''OUTSIDER'' instead of a LEAGUE member.and I too agree with the previous message that I would rather have VIXEN and DR LIGHT=kimiyo or maybe the 3 of then could be in a spin off team.maybe bring back EXTREME JUSTICE.

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see Aquaman, because he's definitely got a lone-gun cowboy streak in him - big time, more probably than any other JLA member or at least on par with Batman's, step out, and for Mera to be full-time his replacement in the JLA. Her rapport with Diana is 100% good, and I'd like to see her interact with Superman and Flash and everybody else more because she brings a different perspective.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What about a reserve member of the Justice League ?
    That's what they should do. Call her in if either Aquaman is unavailable, or if there's two aquatic based emergencies simultaneously (since Arthur obviously can't be in two places at once!). They could have similar contingencies for other members (Nightwing for Batman, Jessica Cruz for Jon Stewart, Wally for Barry, etc). Too often they have problems because someone's already busy somewhere. And for crying out loud, why are both Lanterns in the current team (Simon Baz and Jessica) always sent out together? They don't need to be unless their rings need recharging.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She was temporally in the JL... So, she is now one reserve member for the future..

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I wouldn't mind it but she doesn't strike me as a Leaguer. The "outsider" vibe is right, and I think her lack of surface-world knowledge would be a hindrance. Not to mention she isn't even a solid representative of Atlantis. Sure she might be Queen now but she's traditionally an outsider in her own kingdom alongside Arthur.

I think she also has a temper problem that stops her from being a team player. And she's also always struck me as caring more about her immediate family and surroundings than any mission to do good in the world.