Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Creative Director Michael Sacal's Avatar

Default Retrieval of Threads From The Old Forum To The New

I was wondering if it would be possible for the moderators to please transfer this thread from the old forum's Artist & Writer Showcase section into the same section in this new one. Thanks.

http://oldforums.comicbookresources....The-Pendragon/
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Sadly, we lack the capability to actually copy content from the archives to the new Community in the manner you're asking for.
    The best we can suggest is that you simply do a good ol' fashioned copy/paste into a new thread of your creation.
    Welcome aboard!
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Creative Director Michael Sacal's Avatar

Eek, heh. Thanks!
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

How long with the archived old forums be around? There's a LOT of stuff there that I want to still be around LONG after the last copies of One More Day and Marville are long out of print and rotting in some landfill somewhere.

I have made some backups myself, but I don't know if my flash drives are compatable with the newest computers or not.

The archived forums will be freely available for 14 days.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The archived forums will be freely available for 14 days.
    Freely available for 14 days? Why 14 days? Shouldn't they be available for a LONG time to come?

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff the Traitor Game community and I are proud of. I want the Traitor Games ... all of them ... to be around for years and years to come. If I knew how to create an archive site for the Traitor Games, like Brian Cronin has his Legends Revealed site, I would.

We need a group effort to move all the good stickies over here.

How do I access the archived forums? There's one I REALLY need to save. (The old link: http://community.comicbookresources....d.php?t=355025)

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.
    Last edited by middenway; 04-30-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Freely available for 14 days? Why 14 days? Shouldn't they be available for a LONG time to come?
    I second this! I'm too new to CBR to care too much about lost accounts etc and even though I would've preferred some kind of info beforehand I can live with the change. However I do wish you reconsider the availability of the old forum. Why not turn it into a permanent archive? Is it a cost issue, because otherwise I can't understand the reason for the time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    I second this! I'm too new to CBR to care too much about lost accounts etc and even though I would've preferred some kind of info beforehand I can live with the change. However I do wish you reconsider the availability of the old forum. Why not turn it into a permanent archive? Is it a cost issue, because otherwise I can't understand the reason for the time limit?
    Agreed. The data should be permanently available.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    How do I access the archived forums? There's one I REALLY need to save. (The old link: http://community.comicbookresources....d.php?t=355025)

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.
    Could someone please explain it to me, too?

EDIT: Never mind
    Last edited by Myskin; 05-01-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Where is the link to the old forums?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Agreed. The data should be permanently available.
    I agree too! Or at least keep it open longer than 14 days please. Finals is nearing and I have tons of work to do in the next 2 weeks so I doubt Id be able to do anything. Also, can someone tell me how I can archive this stuff? I'm not a computer whiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Where is the link to the old forums?
    http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Thank you. Its appretiated.

A forum is more than just a community and fleeting discussions, it's also content, something usually considered of substantial worth (if managed properly). Case in point; I first found CBR whilst Googling for 'Infinity Gauntlet reading order'. I think there are a lot of brand building content in the old forum, for example reading recommendations, fan art etc.

And just to think of the recent Marvel top-100 thread by Justin K (which he put incredible effort into). That's a list that could be referenced from other blogs and perhaps even Wikipedia.

Ah well, this is not my site and if the owners feel otherwise I'll just have to load up my bookmarks and start to save the info I need.