Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
- Very few people outside of the comic reading community were aware of who Ant-Man and Doctor Strange were before their MCU films. Said productions weren’t successful because they had huge fan bases prior to, but because of the MCU’s branding. The same is true of Carol Danvers. Very few people recognize her name now, but they will after her film.
I agree with this. Movie audiences are going to know a Captain Marvel that is Carol Danvers and not the original Kree warrior that appeared back in MSH #20 and later died of cancer. I assume he will be mentioned in the movie but we're not going to be introduced to the mantle through his storyline AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
-
- I disagree that Blue Marvel hasn’t been fully integrated into the MU, and also with the notion that you have to be to be significantly featured in a film. See: Nadia & Teresa Thompson’s Valkyrie. Completely new characters with lots of fans because of their features in the MCU.
Blue Marvel hasn't earned his spurs yet in the comics.....every Marvel hero has to face Doctor Doom