Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I never get why, when it comes to Marvel and DC movies, the popularity of the character among the readers should be so important.
    Most people who watch movies don't give a crap about how long a character has been used in comics and how popular they are.

Striker, Cloud 9, Starlord, Blue Marvel: it's all the same: who?! With a good team and a good marketing, any of them can be as much a hit as Iron Man.

Forget popularity. Which important stories have Striker, Cloud 9 and Blue Marvel have appeared in? These stories which Marvel uses for their movies. Doctor Strange for example has always been Marvel's go to for supernatural stories. That is his crucial role in Marvel. What is the role for these characters? That make them IMPORTANT. Black Panther is King of the wealthiest and advanced nation on Earth. Its a given he would appear in the Marvel U some way. Iron Man is Marvel's Earth leading engineer. The Ant-Man character is a veteran Avenger. And saying popularity doesn't play a part is a bit of a reach.
    Last edited by Golden Guardian of Good; 04-15-2018 at 05:08 PM.

The short of it is, i have so much faith in the Marvel movieverse that yes if they made GOTG work then hell yes those three can reflect in concept a "Big Three" of Marvel. I think many of us are so conditioned to think in terms of the comics. The movie makers have better and broader vision than the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    How the heck am I moving the goal posts when I been trying to follow your ever changing arguments? And I forgot that the Wasp in the MCU is not Janet. Either way... The Wasp character IS a veteran Avenger. How is that moving the goal post? I'm answering your arguments.

And again I never moved the goal posts. My point still stands that BM as of yet still hasn't fully integrated into the Marvel U, still hasn't had a memorable story(which you never showed me when asked) and so why should Marvel/Disney out of nowhere push HIM as their TOP DOG(as seen with the thread title) when there are more deserving characters? Who are more important to the Marvel mythos.
    - My argument has been consistent throughout. You don’t need a heavy readership to be cast in a MCU film, or to maintain a successful film franchise. Hope Van Dyne is the latest of many examples of this.

- Your argument makes no sense because Starlord and Hope Van Duke exist. Neither had significant followings or were heavily featured in the MU before killing it in the MCU. You’re also being dishonest about Blue Marvel’s integration in the MU. He’s been a member of the Mighty Avengers and the Ultimates. He’s been featured in Original Sin, Civil War II, and Secret Wars. Now, he’s made it to video games.

Marvel doesn't need a big three either way. Especially when the X-Men and Fantastic Four come in.

Forget popularity. Which important stories have Striker, Cloud 9 and Blue Marvel have appeared in? These stories which Marvel uses for their movies. Doctor Strange for example has always been Marvel's go to for supernatural stories. That is his crucial role in Marvel. What is the role for these characters? That make them IMPORTANT. Black Panther is King of the wealthiest and advanced nation on Earth. Its a given he would appear in the Marvel U some way. Iron Man is Marvel's Earth leading engineer. The Ant-Man character is a veteran Avenger. And saying popularity doesn't play a part is a bit of a reach.
    You’ve still yet to provide an explanation for how Hope Van Dayne and Starlord were able to lead films without fitting your criteria.

Marvel doesn't need a big three either way. Especially when the X-Men and Fantastic Four come in.
    No X-Men or Fantastic Four exist in the MCU. Two members of the Ultimates are present, however, with a third rumored to debut next year. That leaves only Blue Marvel and America Chavez, both of whom I believe would be received well over film. They could be a part of phase 4 imo, as the Avengers restructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    - My argument has been consistent throughout. You don’t need a heavy readership to be cast in a MCU film, or to maintain a successful film franchise. Hope Van Dyne is the latest of many examples of this.
    Still incorrect.

Hope Van Dyne is using the WASP CHARACTER and she appears in the Ant-Man film. No one said you need a heavy readership. You are still missing my point. The MCU takes a mixture of stories from the comics. What I am essentially saying is that they use characters who have been IMPORTANT to the Marvel mythos and have had an impact on the universe whether an A-lister, B-lister or C-lister. Once again, this has not been the case for Blue Marvel. So my question was why should Blue Marvel be chosen first as top dog over more deserving characters? Yes, Marvel can easily use him but they don't have to.

- Your argument makes no sense because Starlord and Hope Van Duke exist. Neither had significant followings or were heavily featured in the MU before killing it in the MCU. You’re also being dishonest about Blue Marvel’s integration in the MU. He’s been a member of the Mighty Avengers and the Ultimates. He’s been featured in Original Sin, Civil War II, and Secret Wars. Now, he’s made it to video games.
    Once again you miss my point. Starlord is Thanos' brother and he is apart of a TEAM. As for Hope Van Duke same thing I said above. I'm not solely talking about popularity but importance to the Marvel U. This is why In keep saying over and over BM still has not been fully integrated into the MCU. Wonder Man doesn't have a big readership following and yet he is still more important to the Marvel mythos than BM who has yet to be fully established.

And you call the bolded true integrations? He was barely featured in Civil War II, Secret Wars and Original Sin nor did he have any memorable moments. I addressed the Ultimates already and Mighty Avengers like the Ultimates he still wasn't around big players save for Spider-Man(who left). The Sentry has made it to the same video games you speak of too and I wouldn't say he is more deserving either.

You’ve still yet to provide an explanation for how Hope Van Dayne and Starlord were able to lead films without fitting your criteria.
    Hope Van Dayne is not LEADING Ant-Man. And I already told you Starlord he is an enemy of Thanos and serves that purpose. I mistook him for Starfox who is Thanos' brother and so I admit that mistake. Again I am not talking about popularity alone but importance which Marvel DOES look at.

No X-Men or Fantastic Four exist in the MCU. Two members of the Ultimates are present, however, with a third rumored to debut next year. That leaves only Blue Marvel and America Chavez, both of whom I believe would be received well over film. They could be a part of phase 4 imo, as the Avengers restructure.

I am saying WHEN they appear. Look. Again I am NOT saying that Blue Marvel CAN NOT appear in the MCU. But that why would he be apart of the big three like this thread suggests? Nakia from Black Panther appeared in the MCU and is well received but Marvel is not pushing her as the most important MCU character.

I think we're getting mixed up. So agree-disagree as we're going in circles.

Invincible Member

Well, There's no current plans for a Blue Marvel film so I don't think it's likely

Still incorrect.

Hope Van Dyne is using the WASP CHARACTER and she appears in the Ant-Man film. No one said you need a heavy readership. You are still missing my point. The MCU takes a mixture of stories from the comics. What I am essentially saying is that they use characters who have been IMPORTANT to the Marvel mythos and have had an impact on the universe whether an A-lister, B-lister or C-lister. Once again, this has not been the case for Blue Marvel. So my question was why should Blue Marvel be chosen first as top dog over more deserving characters? Yes, Marvel can easily use him but they don't have to.

Once again you miss my point. Starlord is Thanos' brother and he is apart of a TEAM. As for Hope Van Duke same thing I said above. I'm not solely talking about popularity but importance to the Marvel U. This is why In keep saying over and over BM still has not been fully integrated into the MCU. Wonder Man doesn't have a big readership following and yet he is still more important to the Marvel mythos than BM who has yet to be fully established.

And you call the bolded true integrations? He was barely featured in Civil War II, Secret Wars and Original Sin nor did he have any memorable moments. I addressed the Ultimates already and Mighty Avengers like the Ultimates he still wasn't around big players save for Spider-Man(who left). The Sentry has made it to the same video games you speak of too and I wouldn't say he is more deserving either.
    - Hope Van Dyne, Starlord, Shuri, Valkyrie— all obscure characters that became household names via the MCU. You don’t need to be popular, carry a heavy readership, nor be important to the Marvel mythos to be featured in a film or carry a successful franchise.

- Obviously Marvel doesn’t have to use him. But, they’re laying the foundations of the Ultimates, and he’s one of the most significant members of the team. I also believe his backstory translates to film better than most.

- Yes, I call that integration. He isn’t Wolverine but he’s definitely been visible. Like I said earlier, far more people are playing Future Fight than are reading even the best selling floppies. He’s certainly better integrated than the Shuri or Hope, and they’re both household names because of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel doesn't need a trinity... that's part of the reason marvel is winning in the current comic/multimedia landscape.

There are no 3 characters above everyone else, maybe you could break it down and mark the 3 most popular characters, but everyone inhabits their own space and means something different to fans. Generally speaking I think Marvel recognizes this. Nothings perfect obviously but mores than DC I see a myriad of characters inhabiting different spaces. On paper DC has the same capability but it tends to default just to their trinity and ultimately Batman. I think Marvel's benefited from not having that Big 3 mantra and its allowed them to flourish into the company they are today
    More specifically, marvel benefitted from not having the rights to x men, Spiderman and FF, otherwise they might of had the same Issue as DC is having

Just checked, and Future Fight has over 50 million global downloads. The Ultimates first story arch is featured in the game, and it’s characters are meta defining. He’s also in Marvel LEGO Hero’s, on top of his many features on the comic end. Of course he’s integrated....

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    More specifically, marvel benefitted from not having the rights to x men, Spiderman and FF, otherwise they might of had the same Issue as DC is having
    This is indeed an important point.