Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    More specifically, marvel benefitted from not having the rights to x men, Spiderman and FF, otherwise they might of had the same Issue as DC is having
    I don't think they would have the same problem DC is having, assuming they were still able to make good X-Men, Spider-Man, and FF films, which we might actually get to see with the Fox deal .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    -

- I disagree that Blue Marvel hasn’t been fully integrated into the MU, and also with the notion that you have to be to be significantly featured in a film. See: Nadia & Teresa Thompson’s Valkyrie. Completely new characters with lots of fans because of their features in the MCU.
    This is True.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I never get why, when it comes to Marvel and DC movies, the popularity of the character among the readers should be so important.
    Most people who watch movies don't give a crap about how long a character has been used in comics and how popular they are.

Striker, Cloud 9, Starlord, Blue Marvel: it's all the same: who?! With a good team and a good marketing, any of them can be as much a hit as Iron Man.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I am saying WHEN they appear. Look. Again I am NOT saying that Blue Marvel CAN NOT appear in the MCU. But that why would he be apart of the big three like this thread suggests? Nakia from Black Panther appeared in the MCU and is well received but Marvel is not pushing her as the most important MCU character.

I think we're getting mixed up. So agree-disagree as we're going in circles.
    Black Panther might never have been a top character in the books, however i think the writing on the wall is that he will Iron Man/ Tony Stark like in his prominence going forward. Its not inconceivable the movieverse would be able to just writer a good, solid story that introduces the world to Blue Marvel. Again their movies have built a considerable following the comics could only dream of. What makes you think the movie going audience would have the difficulty that you might in accepting a big 3 that includes Blue Marvel, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

- Hope Van Dyne, Starlord, Shuri, Valkyrie— all obscure characters that became household names via the MCU. You don’t need to be popular, carry a heavy readership, nor be important to the Marvel mythos to be featured in a film or carry a successful franchise.

- Obviously Marvel doesn’t have to use him. But, they’re laying the foundations of the Ultimates, and he’s one of the most significant members of the team. I also believe his backstory translates to film better than most.

- Yes, I call that integration. He isn’t Wolverine but he’s definitely been visible. Like I said earlier, far more people are playing Future Fight than are reading even the best selling floppies. He’s certainly better integrated than the Shuri or Hope, and they’re both household names because of the MCU.
    I think BMs issue is that he doesn't have a very established mythos at all. His Origin would be interesting (Kennedy years) which could make for a different angled story, (and controversial due to how blacks were treated at the time) but he doesn't have much of a supporting cast, nor very much Comic story to go off of. Which a writer like Coogler could make it work but you would have to play it very carefully to not botch it.

Extraordinary Member

My point still stands that BM as of yet still hasn't fully integrated into the Marvel U, still hasn't had a memorable story

Blue Marvel still has not been fully integrated into the Marvel U in comics.
    He still has not been tested.
    I disagree with these views and his popularity is growing.
    It's growing slowly but still growing.
    In universe by the way blue marvel is the first black superhero in marvel of course.
    By the way youtube is helping with is growing popularity as well with youtube video like these and comics being posted in youtube as well.
    Just look at the views and of course games and views they get when you watch the trailers,stories etc..

Just look at the video views for some of these type of videos.
    This is media too.

[MARVEL Future Fight] 'The Ultimates' Update! - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2HJwwpzc8o

Check out the videos from new sage.
    Blue marvel here has more views than the sentry
    Who is Marvel's "Blue Marvel?" Possibly the Strongest Being on Earth.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=761kTla2ugs

New sage
    Who is Marvel's Sentry? A clear message to DC's Superman.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbGEeX6jMp8

In-universe,blue marvel is first black marvel superhero.
    Marvels First Black Superhero: Part 1 - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqkBTOa6U14

The movie makers have better and broader vision than the comics.
    I don't agree with this.

The Sentry has made it to the same video games you speak of too and I wouldn't say he is more deserving either.
    I would like to see sentry and hyperion in the mcu but i would like to see blue marvel too, more so first before them.

Blue Marvel is not popular enough and Marvel has not even him any real build in the comics and he's been around since 2009.
    I this disagree with this of course.

They're still struggling somewhat with Carol. But like someone said Marvel does not NEED a trinity. They never have and never will. DC having a big trinity such as Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is the reason why they have been stagnated when it comes to films because they solely focued on those characters outside of comics and inside of comics. Especially when it came to Superman and Batman.
    I agree.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-15-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they would have the same problem DC is having, assuming they were still able to make good X-Men, Spider-Man, and FF films, which we might actually get to see with the Fox deal .
    They might have since they would have their bog money Maker's and most recognizable heroes. Luckily they had to go with the Avengers and made a monster brand for themselves

Extraordinary Member

There will be a new streaming service from disney and new marvel shows and movies will be on there.
    There could be a Blue marvel mini-series,movie/s or show on there too.
    He could go back and forth from the big screen to the small screen as well.
    The ultimates or blue marvel could come to this new marvel streaming service only as well for the mcu.
    The new streaming service will have a really big budget like the new star wars shows from lucas film/disney and lord of the ring show from amazon.

Marvel & Star Wars TV Series Will Headline Disney's New Streaming -Disney Streaming Service’s Launch to Include Marvel & Star Wars Shows-
    https://www.cbr.com/disney-streaming...vel-star-wars/

Marvel & Star Wars Streaming Series Budgets will be Insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNF_C0aLko
    Last edited by mace11; 04-15-2018 at 07:05 PM.

- Hope Van Dyne, Starlord, Shuri, Valkyrie— all obscure characters that became household names via the MCU. You don’t need to be popular, carry a heavy readership, nor be important to the Marvel mythos to be featured in a film or carry a successful franchise.

- Obviously Marvel doesn’t have to use him. But, they’re laying the foundations of the Ultimates, and he’s one of the most significant members of the team. I also believe his backstory translates to film better than most.

- Yes, I call that integration. He isn’t Wolverine but he’s definitely been visible. Like I said earlier, far more people are playing Future Fight than are reading even the best selling floppies. He’s certainly better integrated than the Shuri or Hope, and they’re both household names because of the MCU.
    You can take the win if you want. As we are going in circles and it has gotten boring.

Extraordinary Member

Show and movies were characters appear less then blue marvel in comics and games.
    Here some examples.
    DC
    Human Target
    Powerless
    Lucifer
    Izombie
    Krypton -starring superman grandfather seg-el.

Watchmen movie and Upcoming watchmen show
    Upcoming dc show-Project-13 -starring traci 13
    The kitchen- upcoming dc movie -2019

Some examples from marvel.
    Marvel-
    Big hero 6 animated movie
    Jessica jones has more appearance then blue marvel in comics but she was not that well known either and still got a tv show and is a co-lead in the defenders show.

The gifted
    Runaways
    Agent carter
    Mutant X had show in 90's and none of them are in comics.
    Howard the duck had a movie in 80's and not that well known before the movie.
    Big hero 6 animated movie.

By the way there was a steel movie in 90's from dc.
    He was not that well known either back then and there were a swamp thing movies and a show years ago as well.

Note- blue marvel has more character development and more comic appearances then most characters in g.i. joe and transformers.
    He has more appearances then most eternals from marvel for example.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-15-2018 at 07:54 PM.

BANNED

Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange.
    Bruce, Clark, Diana
    Technology, Scifi/Space, Magic

Makes the most sense to me all are being presented into the MCU around the same time as major players nonetheless. Strange seemingly going to have a big impact on the Marvel Universes as Sorcerer Supreme, Captain Marvel suggested to be the most powerful and also going to be the first MCU heroine movie, and Black Panther the first Black solo MCU film.

They all specialize in their own areas, whereas no disrespect but the OP lineup Carol and Adam branch into each others.. Been saying that since Ultimates. Not to mention different area of expertise. Carol is an ambassador and amazing pilot. T'Challa a genius all around. Strange extreme knowledge of the occult and magics

https://m.imgur.com/a/hNjVL

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I thought this was about comics and was about to rant on how Jane Foster has proven she deserves to be Marvel's WW, but since you're talking about MCU, yeah, I think Carol can fill that role (even though there's absolutely room for Jane!Thor to exist there too). I think Black Panther as their Batman probably makes a lot of sense. Superman, though, is the kind of character I don't see Marvel having right now. But the MCU has proven they can make anything successful, so I don't think they have to be picky. They have a lot of options for that: Blue Marvel, Sentry, Hyperion. I think any of them can make for a successful movie character. I personally like Hyperion the best 'cause I enjoy the concept of the Squadron Supreme and would like to see that as a movie one day, but I wouldn't oppose anyone else.

That being said, I agree with the sentiment that Marvel shouldn't really go through the ''Trinity'' path in the movies. Lord knows this Big Three bullshit in the most recent Avengers comic has been getting on my nerves, so I wouldn't want that sort of thing being repeated in the movies. The movies can actually afford to avoid that sort of thing, since, unlike the comics, they've proven they can make a lot of money out of lesser known franchises.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel doesn't need a trinity... that's part of the reason marvel is winning in the current comic/multimedia landscape.

There are no 3 characters above everyone else, maybe you could break it down and mark the 3 most popular characters, but everyone inhabits their own space and means something different to fans. Generally speaking I think Marvel recognizes this. Nothings perfect obviously but mores than DC I see a myriad of characters inhabiting different spaces. On paper DC has the same capability but it tends to default just to their trinity and ultimately Batman. I think Marvel's benefited from not having that Big 3 mantra and its allowed them to flourish into the company they are today
    Agreed 100%

You can take the win if you want. As we are going in circles and it has gotten boring.
    Just wanted to comment that your argument is completely on point. Some people just have a hard time acknowledging that the majority of people do not like their favorite character as much as they do.

The likely hood of Blue Marvel showing up in the MCU is extremely low. Not impossible but low. The fact that some would even begin to argue that he will hold a status of Superman for a company that has been around for almost 80 years now is a level of delusion that can not be reasoned with.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-16-2018 at 02:30 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Just wanted to comment that your argument is completely on point. Some people just have a hard time acknowledging that the majority of people do not like their favorite character as much as they do.

The likely hood of Blue Marvel showing up in the MCU is extremely low. Not impossible but low. The fact that some would even begin to argue that he will hold a status of Superman for a company that has been around for almost 80 years now is a level of delusion that can not be reasoned with.
    I think delusion is arguing against facts when they’re staring you in the face, as doing so would force you to abandon your original stance. To suggest a character requires the following or status of Superman to carry a successful film franchise, when Hope Van Dyne and Starlord exist, reflects a level of delusion that cannot be reasoned with.

Have a good one.