Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 90s Marvel Cartoons

Panels to Pixels takes a look at Marvel's animated output from the 90s and how the influence of these cartoons can be felt today

That was pretty interesting and made me want new X-Men and Fantastic Four cartoons ASAP!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Not as tight continuity as that guy thinks - the FF costumes in the thumbnail, taken from Spider-Man, don't match how they looked on the Marvel Action Hour.

And there's a claim 12 minutes in that Spidey was in two X-Men episodes. Nope, it was the X-Men who appeared in Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Being a 90’s kid, I LOVED those cartoons. I really wish they would release a complete DVD collection of the Spider-Man cartoon.

To me Spider-Man is the only 90’s cartoon series from Marvel that has withstood the test of time and is still watchable. I tried rewatching many of them and they were definitely better when I was a kid lol
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Didn't they do a version of Secret Wars in the Spider-Man cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Didn't they do a version of Secret Wars in the Spider-Man cartoon?
    They did, that's where the Thumbnail comes from

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Spider-Man cartoon was out of its mind. The Spider Slayers were prominent, BLADE, they tied in Black Cat's origin to Captain America's, Secret Wars, killed off MJ, introduced Hobgoblin before Green.

Boi.

Fantastic Four was my favourite. They adapted a lot of the Kirby stories.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They did, that's where the Thumbnail comes from
    Thanks.....the reason I didn't think that was where the image came from is because Sue was pregnant during the time when the first Secret War took place.

Loved the 90's cartoons of X-MEN, Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man Season 2, and Season 2 of Fantastic Four was just about the best versions of the FF put to film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Loved the 90's cartoons of X-MEN, Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man Season 2, and Season 2 of Fantastic Four was just about the best versions of the FF put to film.
    This

What an era, what a time to be alive!

I loved all those shows, I collected action figures from the shows and tape recorded so many episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks.....the reason I didn't think that was where the image came from is because Sue was pregnant during the time when the first Secret War took place.
    Well, it was a different story, with had Madam Web and the Beyonder testing Spidey . The heroes were Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Storm, Captain America, Iron Man, Lizard and Black Cat while the villains were Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Alistair Smythe and Red Skull

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    This

What an era, what a time to be alive!

I loved all those shows, I collected action figures from the shows and tape recorded so many episodes.
    The toys were great, especially this:

Got it for one of my Birthdays and I still have it

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not as tight continuity as that guy thinks - the FF costumes in the thumbnail, taken from Spider-Man, don't match how they looked on the Marvel Action Hour.

And there's a claim 12 minutes in that Spidey was in two X-Men episodes. Nope, it was the X-Men who appeared in Spider-Man.
    In that respect it's about on par with the current animated continuity .

Great video. I remember those cartoons fondly. They were what helped get me into comics. They were the best part of my day, even. I'd get home from school, run into the living room, and watch Spider-Man and X-men. The fact they crossed over and became part of a larger universe made it all the more worth watching. In fact, in the early days of the MCU, that's what I often hoped it would embody and it has, apparently. I still hope that one day we'll see another animated Marvel universe, but after the cancelation of Wolverine and the X-men and Avengers EMH, I'm not too hopeful. Even so, the 90s cartoons set the bar pretty high for all the right reasons.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

He was in at least one, the final part of the Phoenix Saga adaptation where you could see his shadow landing on a rooftop and then a web shooting from a red-gloved hand to catch some debris that would have otherwise struck innocent people caught in the chaos of the M'Kraan Crystal sucking all reality into itself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.