Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    If all goes well then the X-Men and FF will be back by next year. That's not long at all and those two properties are likely to get the push when that happens.
    There are no MCU projects in the works for either group, and may not be for many years to come. On the other hand, two of five Ultimates have, or will soon headline their own solo films. A third member, Monica Rambeau, is rumored to appear in Captain Marvel’s debut. The groundwork is being laid for a T’Challa lead Ultimates MCU team, hence the question I’ve raised in the OP. I don’t think we’re that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    There are no MCU projects in the works for either group, and may not be for many years to come. On the other hand, two of five Ultimates have, or will soon headline their own solo films. A third member, Monica Rambeau, is rumored to appear in Captain Marvel’s debut. The groundwork is being laid for a T’Challa lead Ultimates MCU team, hence the question I’ve raised in the OP. I don’t think we’re that far off.
    Not that I expect to see Marvel go for the Ultimates, but they have said they're going to be moving in a more Cosmic direction with Phase 4.

Although if they do go with the Ultimates, then I would probably be more comfortable with Dr. Strange being involved with the team then I would be with him as an Avenger. And Spidey wouldn't need to be on the team either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that I expect to see Marvel go for the Ultimates, but they have said they're going to be moving in a more Cosmic direction with Phase 4.

Although if they do go with the Ultimates, then I would probably be more comfortable with Dr. Strange being involved with the team then I would be with him as an Avenger. And Spidey wouldn't need to be on the team either.
    Im not sure what the future holds for Strange, but I have a feeling Spider-Man will birth an entire MCU branch all to his own. So, rather than being a regular Avenger, we’ll see stories focused on adventures of the Spider-Verse. I suspect we may see Silk, Miles Morales, Flash Thompson’s Venom, etc.

Im not sure what the future holds for Strange,
    Hopefully Clea and becoming Sorcerer Supreme .

but I have a feeling Spider-Man will birth an entire MCU branch all to his own. So, rather than being a regular Avenger, we’ll see stories focused on adventures of the Spider-Verse. I suspect we may see Silk, Miles Morales, Flash Thompson’s Venom, etc.
    I'd rather see that limited to the Miles Morales animated movies.

I don't think MCU Spider-Man will benefit much from an influx of other Spider-Characters (and I don't foresee Tony Revolori's Flash Thompson becoming Agent Venom).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There have been certain periods in The Avengers history where the trio of Cap, Thor, and Iron Man have been emphasized as being a pretty big deal, most notably during Bendis' Avengers run, the Avengers movies, and now again with Fresh Start.

I remember Secret Invasion and Siege covers that really emphasized The Avengers Trinity.

The former was special because it was the first time Cap, Thor, and Iron Man had worked together in a long time (especially since Thor had been dead) and Siege was special because Steve was there and we really got that trio back together (since Bucky was Cap during Secret Invasion).

And Bendis did do a mini focusing on the trio right after Siege. Avengers Prime, I want to say?
    I do think that the Big 3 have a bit of an elevated status amongst the Avengers. But unlike the Trinity it doesn't necessarily spill into the whole universe as a whole.

JLA really had no peers in the DCU. But the Avengers are roughly on the same footing as the X-men. And Fantastic Four is close.

I think the MCU has put the Avengers firmly above the X-Man. I don’t think the gap will be recoverable after Infinity Wars. The Fantastic Four fall so short that I don’t think it’s fair to include them with the aforementioned teams.

I think the MCU has put the Avengers firmly above the X-Man. I don’t think the gap will be recoverable after Infinity Wars. The Fantastic Four fall so short that I don’t think it’s fair to include them with the aforementioned teams.
    That's for our sensibilities anyway. The real question is how things will go in-universe. Unless Deadpool will come in and tell them that the Avengers are more popular because of the movies, there isn't anything suggesting that that the Avengers are above the X-Men or F4 in the Marvel Universe.

I would say the downplaying of the X-Men and Marvel's massive push for The Avengers because of the movies has definitely made The Avengers into more of the Marvel team then they ever were before, although I don't think that's something that's necessarily permanent.

In a world without an Avengers movie I doubt we would have seen AvX end the way it did.

Extraordinary Member

Im not sure what the future holds for Strange, but I have a feeling Spider-Man will birth an entire MCU branch all to his own. So, rather than being a regular Avenger, we’ll see stories focused on adventures of the Spider-Verse. I suspect we may see Silk, Miles Morales, Flash Thompson’s Venom, etc.
    Of course cindy moon is in spideman homecoming but she is not silk yet.

* Tiffany Espensen portrays Cindy Moon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Cindy Moon first appears in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). She is high school classmate and decathlon member to Peter Parker who seemed concerned that he wasn't going to be on the team.

Espensen will reprise her role in Avengers: Infinity War.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-17-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel doesn't need a trinity... that's part of the reason marvel is winning in the current comic/multimedia landscape.

There are no 3 characters above everyone else, maybe you could break it down and mark the 3 most popular characters, but everyone inhabits their own space and means something different to fans. Generally speaking I think Marvel recognizes this. Nothings perfect obviously but mores than DC I see a myriad of characters inhabiting different spaces. On paper DC has the same capability but it tends to default just to their trinity and ultimately Batman. I think Marvel's benefited from not having that Big 3 mantra and its allowed them to flourish into the company they are today
    Let's break this down..
    There are no 3 characters above everyone else, maybe you could break it down and mark the 3 most popular characters, but everyone inhabits their own space and means something different to fans. Generally speaking I think Marvel recognizes this.
    A lot of the things you said can apply to DC as well. They may not have their own big 3, but to a similar degree Spiderman definitely has a special place above everyone else Marvel's eyes.

And Each character big and small means something different to everyone in DC as well.. so why did you say this?

Generally speaking I think Marvel recognizes this. Nothings perfect obviously but mores than DC I see a myriad of characters inhabiting different spaces.
    As far as movies and tv go, both companies have released or are making a wide variety of characters on the big and small screen. As far as media though like cartoons/video games and merchandise, Batman and Spiderman and their related characters hog a lot of the spotlight and in comic sales, Batman and Spiderman/releated stuff constantly outsell many of their other peers.

And again, both companies have a wide variety of characters inhabiting different spaces. What's the reasoning behind that? They both have their aliens, gods, space characters, team ups, sidekicks, etc, etc.

On paper DC has the same capability but it tends to default just to their trinity and ultimately Batman. I think Marvel's benefited from not having that Big 3 mantra and its allowed them to flourish into the company they are today
    Are you really gonna forget that just recently Marvel has been doing a legacy bit with some of their most well known characters? And for the first 6 years until August of 2014, MCU focused mainly around Iron Man, Cap and Thor. So I don't know why you're acting like DC is the only one to use a handful of characters.

Marvel doesn't need a trinity... that's part of the reason marvel is winning in the current comic/multimedia landscape.
    They're successful because of the Mcu brand goodwill being buildup over a decade. DCEU made movies that were deemed crap. It has nothing to do with a trinity or limited scope of characters like you claim DC has. If Marvel made several crappy films between 2015-2018, a lot of their fans would probably be gone too.

You saw that on hype alone BvS beat every other Mcu movie atm in Thursday night previews. Marvel (though tbh at times it can feel like IM/Thor/Cap) never had a trinity in the same vein of Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman because of the different way the companies history went down.
    Last edited by Troian; 04-16-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Btw, Marvel will never have a trinity because Mcu phases come and go and BP/CM/etc will be phased out eventually.

Even if SM/WW/BM are phased out in the movies, The DC trinity has been around for decades.

Based on what? Nothing has even hinted towards Marvel going forward with the Ultimates. The FF and X-Men properties may be back next year and nothing is stopping Marvel from planning projects ASAP. You can say that there are no projects in the works for those franchises, but that can easily be said for Ultimates as well.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Upcoming superhero film
    The American Way.

These superheroes only had 6 issue mini-series and graphic novel from 2007.
    No need to have 5 years of solo issues or 5 years of being in a team book to make movie by the way.
    These superheroes from the american way comic are way less known then blue marvel,america chavez and monica rambeau and they getting a movie.
    Keep that in mind.

John Ridley To Write, Direct Blumhouse Superhero Film 'The American Way'

EXCLUSIVE: John Ridley and Blumhouse Productions have teamed on a movie adaptation of his comic book series The American Way: Those Above And Those Below. The Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave writer and creator/exec producer of the ABC anthology series American Crime is writing to direct a film that uses superheroes to explore timely social issues including race and integration. Jason Blum will produce.

The comic was published as a six-issue monthly miniseries last year by DC Entertainment’s Vertigo label. Ridley wrote the story will illustrator George Jeanty, and it was a followup to their acclaimed 2007 graphic novel The American Way. The original dealt with the creation of a team of ’60s superheroes called The Civil Defense Corps, each with special powers but also a specific ethnic makeup designed to make segments of the American population feel safe and represented. There is also a group of supervillains pitted against the heroes, but the whole thing is partly a contrivance to pacify an American public growing increasingly inflamed with the times. The movie will be focused in 1972 and pick up that original story a decade later. Ridley has said his inspiration for the series was Ridley reading of LBJ’s desire to add a black astronaut to the space program. Jason Fisher is added to the superhero roster as The New American, a black man subjected to genetic manipulation to give him super strength but a limited pain threshold. His presence creates turmoil within the superhero crew, emblematic of the times, and when the government creates a new superhero called Hellbent to mask this strife, the superhero crew is devastated by the results.

To read more go here.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/the-amer...ve-1202365314/
    Last edited by mace11; 04-17-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Based on what? Nothing has even hinted towards Marvel going forward with the Ultimates. The FF and X-Men properties may be back next year and nothing is stopping Marvel from planning projects ASAP. You can say that there are no projects in the works for those franchises, but that can easily be said for Ultimates as well.
    The key difference is that members of the Ultimates actually exist in the MCU. Two founding members have their own films. On the other hand, no characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four exist, and there are no plans in motion to bring them into fold as it currently stands. Eventually, I’m sure we’ll see them, but their are no guarantees in the foreseeable future.

Extraordinary Member

The key difference is that members of the Ultimates actually exist in the MCU. Two founding members have their own films. On the other hand, no characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four exist, and there are no plans in motion to bring them into fold as it currently stands. Eventually, I’m sure we’ll see them, but their are no guarantees in the foreseeable future.
    Well there is quicksilver from the x-men films and his younger sister who was really scarlet witch.
    Both are in the mcu as well.
    So those are x-men and avenger characters that marvel share for live action big screen movies.