Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    The key difference is that members of the Ultimates actually exist in the MCU. Two founding members have their own films. On the other hand, no characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four exist, and there are no plans in motion to bring them into fold as it currently stands. Eventually, I’m sure we’ll see them, but their are no guarantees in the foreseeable future.
    There is no guarantee for the Ultimates either. There hasn't even been any acknowledgement of the Ultimate by Feige or anyone at Marvel.

The sad truth is that there is no incentive for the MCU to introduce the Ultimates.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

A blue marvel streaming series or movie/s could be made or ultimates streaming or movie/s down the road but i think for now they will focus on more known superheros from the comics for the movies.

Blue marvel could always show up in a tv show/streaming service or mini-series or movie/s for streaming as well.
    America chavez will show up in a big screen animated marvel movie by the way like miles morales.
    Blue marvel could show up first in a animated series or movie/s before live action.
    I think that might happen first.

The case to be made for Blue Marvel as viable if not primed for film for me is the fact that there isn't much material on him.
    I disagree and i think there is enough info about blue marvel to make a film or a show or be in team film.
    There will more of him in comics,games and hopefully in a animated series or animated movie etc.. before he comes to live action anyway.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-17-2018 at 03:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that I expect to see Marvel go for the Ultimates, but they have said they're going to be moving in a more Cosmic direction with Phase 4.

Although if they do go with the Ultimates, then I would probably be more comfortable with Dr. Strange being involved with the team then I would be with him as an Avenger. And Spidey wouldn't need to be on the team either.
    If your going to make a team called Ultimates you definitely should.have the best on each field on the team, and Strange is the sorcerer in the Marvel Universe. Outside current stories ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    There is no guarantee for the Ultimates either. There hasn't even been any acknowledgement of the Ultimate by Feige or anyone at Marvel.

The sad truth is that there is no incentive for the MCU to introduce the Ultimates.
    Again, iconic members of the Ultimates already exist in the MCU. The Avengers are going away for a while after IW. With phase 4, the MCU will be delving deeper into the cosmic mythos of the comics.... all this, while no comfirmation, at least serves as a base from which the Ultimates could be launched. Whereas, none of this is in play for the Fantastic Four or the X-Men. I’m not really sure why this is so difficult to understand. I’m not projecting anything with any certainty, I’m merely speculating on the future of the MCU given the pieces available to me.

Again, iconic members of the Ultimates already exist in the MCU. The Avengers are going away for a while after IW. With phase 4, the MCU will be delving deeper into the cosmic mythos of the comics.... all this, while no comfirmation, at least serves as a base from which the Ultimates could be launched. Whereas, none of this is in play for the Fantastic Four or the X-Men. I’m not really sure why this is so difficult to understand. I’m not projecting anything with any certainty, I’m merely speculating on the future of the MCU given the pieces available to me.
    And the rights to the X-Men and FF are coming next year which is really soon and plenty of time to incorporate them into phase 4. Anyway, this is getting besides the point. I highly doubt that Marvel will make a "trinity" (they really shouldn't) and even if they did it's unlikely that Blue Marvel will be apart of that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Not sure how long it will take to incorporate the FF and X-Men, but I can see the Ultimates being part of the MCU. Another different IP that can bring millions if not billions for DisMarvel. It's been their method for the longest time, find new IPs, don't just rehash the same ones over and over. If you look at how they do their animated films this seems to be true.

Extraordinary Member

Let's keep in mind some marvel movies and some marvel live action shows upcoming while the mcu is still around could be in alternate universe/s of the mcu or not in mcu at all, but it's own universe/s.
    For example when marvel gets the x-men movie right back they could still be in thier own universe.
    The same with the FF and other marvel teams and characters.
    Some upcoming live action marvel movies and shows for the next 10 years for example does not have to be in same universe like the mcu.
    The show krypton was going to be in dceu but that has changed and that show is in it's own live action tv universe.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-17-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Let's keep in mind some marvel movies and some marvel live action shows upcoming while the mcu is still around could be in alternate universe/s of the mcu or not in mcu at all, but it's own universe/s.
    For example when marvel gets the x-men movie right back they could still be in thier own universe.
    Some upcoming live action marvel movies and shows for the next 10 years for example does not have to be in same universe like the mcu.
    The show krypton was going to be in dceu but that has changed and that show is in it's own live action tv universe.
    DC has already established that there's a multiverse though.

Marvel hasn't done that YET. Everything life action from marvel, including the TV shows, thus far has all been in the same universe. So if they decide that the newer stuff is in some other universe, it'll be a departure from their current formula. That's not necessarily good or bad... but it would be a bit surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Not sure how long it will take to incorporate the FF and X-Men, but I can see the Ultimates being part of the MCU. Another different IP that can bring millions if not billions for DisMarvel. It's been their method for the longest time, find new IPs, don't just rehash the same ones over and over. If you look at how they do their animated films this seems to be true.
    While it's true that they want to create new IPs, I think it's just as important to keep existing ones going. So I think they'll want to continue to make Avengers movies given they've all given billion dollar returns so far. With no Iron Man, Cap, and Thor I would think BP and CM at least would be making up the New Avengers.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

True that they're not there yet, but Joe Russo has already been giving some thought to making Secret Wars the next big event in the MCU Doom was heavily involved in both along with Reed. Three of the Fantastic Four were in the 1980's version along with some of the X-Men like Magneto, Colossus, Cyclops, Professor X, Storm, and Wolverine. So their inclusion may be on the horizon sooner than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    True that they're not there yet, but Joe Russo has already been giving some thought to making Secret Wars the next big event in the MCU Doom was heavily involved in both along with Reed. Three of the Fantastic Four were in the 1980's version along with some of the X-Men like Magneto, Colossus, Cyclops, Professor X, Storm, and Wolverine. So their inclusion may be on the horizon sooner than we think.
    If Spider-Man is any indication, Marvel is capable of moving pretty fast. Sony put out their last Spider-Man film, and 2 years later Spider-Man appeared in Civil War. A year later, Spider-Man had his own feature film. I wouldn't be shocked if incorporating the Fox characters isn't a logistically more complicated matter for a variety of reasons, but nonetheless I think Spider-Man proves marvel can move pretty quick once they get the green light. I agree we might be seeing some of these guys a lot sooner than some might expect.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel doesn't need a trinity... that's part of the reason marvel is winning in the current comic/multimedia landscape.

There are no 3 characters above everyone else, maybe you could break it down and mark the 3 most popular characters, but everyone inhabits their own space and means something different to fans. Generally speaking I think Marvel recognizes this. Nothings perfect obviously but mores than DC I see a myriad of characters inhabiting different spaces. On paper DC has the same capability but it tends to default just to their trinity and ultimately Batman. I think Marvel's benefited from not having that Big 3 mantra and its allowed them to flourish into the company they are today
    Exactly this
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    DC has already established that there's a multiverse though.

Marvel hasn't done that YET. Everything life action from marvel, including the TV shows, thus far has all been in the same universe. So if they decide that the newer stuff is in some other universe, it'll be a departure from their current formula. That's not necessarily good or bad... but it would be a bit surprising.
    Yes most of the current live action marvel shows and movies are in the same universe but the past live action marvel shows before agents of shield are not.
    Keep in mind some marvel shows currently like the x-men shows like the gifted and legion are in alternate universes in the current fox x-men cinematic universe.
    Of course those are fox marvel and marvel entertainment shows.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-17-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Why would they still be in their own universe? Alternate dimensions would convolute things unnecessarily.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Why would they still be in their own universe? Alternate dimensions would convolute things unnecessarily.
    Of course when i mean there own universe i meant a new rebooted universe that's not a fox x-men universe,but a completely new mcu alternate universe.
    Anyway it could either way.The could be rebooted in a main mcu universe or a alternate mcu universe are a completely new one from marvel from studios not connected to mcu.
    Keep in mind some folks do not want the x-men in the mcu or main mcu by the way.
    Some others would be fine either way etc..
    Last edited by mace11; 04-17-2018 at 11:39 PM.