Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    I thought that spider-sense should be able to detect dangerous people even in civilian clothes, not just the ones directly menacing Peter. I hate how Marvel nerfs Spidey while other heroes eventually get power upgrades.
    Was that ever used to find out secret identities though? I don't think it indicated that for example, Stan Carter was Sin Eater or that Roderick was Hobgoblin. If anything, he should've known simply because Boomerang was arrested before, and Boomerang's secret identity should've gone public because of that, if it weren't already.

Spider-Sense is woefully inconsistent, but I think it would probably go off if Peter is in-front of any possible threat, even if they don't mean him immediate or direct harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spider-Sense is woefully inconsistent, but I think it would probably go off if Peter is in-front of any possible threat, even if they don't mean him immediate or direct harm.
    That's how I think it would or rather perhaps should work.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I remember in the 90's cartoon that Spider-Sense went off when Peter was around Wilson Fisk, but he had no idea Fisk was the Kingpin by that point.

I remember in the 90's cartoon that Spider-Sense went off when Peter was around Wilson Fisk, but he had no idea Fisk was the Kingpin by that point.
    I recall that as well. Of course, that was outside of the comic books.

So I was pleasantly surprised with this sneak peek of Spencer’s ASM. I think I may actually keep it on my pull list.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I remember he once used it to find the Chameleon in a crowd.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I remember he once used it to find the Chameleon in a crowd.
    Yet another good point. LOL, even Spider Sense has been dumbed down now.

To be fair, the problem with spider-sense activating when he's just near super villains is that if they still have a secret identity, then using it like that would make Peter suspicious of them, sure, there can be red herrings anyways, but unless he's being poorly written, he should be suspicious of anyone who triggers it slightly when he's just around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, the problem with spider-sense activating when he's just near super villains is that if they still have a secret identity, then using it like that would make Peter suspicious of them, sure, there can be red herrings anyways, but unless he's being poorly written, he should be suspicious of anyone who triggers it slightly when he's just around them.
    That could backfire if something else sets off the spider-sense (IE- chemo medication.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I actually was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the FCBD issue, especially since I was far from crazy about Spencer taking over.

It's not a Nick Spencer comic without tons of pop culture references (that probably won't date well) .

Rhino being with the Superior Foes made absolutely no sense. Setting aside him being a villain again, I can't think of one reason why he would stick around with a bunch of low-level goons for robberies at this point in his life and after everything that happened to him. I hope this isn't telling of how Spencer will handle continuity.

Heh. Even Boomerang doesn't take the female Electro seriously .

So did Peter take issue with the new Big Wheel because he liked the old one? I seem to recall that being a thing.

I also really appreciated that Spidey was actually depicted as fairly competent in his fight with the Superior Foes, since he pretty much cleaned their clocks for most of the fight. In any other comic I would've expected him to flail around, barely get any hits in, used as a joke, or need to get bailed out by either a supporting cast member or some guest hero.

I mean, sure, he still got saved by the Kingpin/NYPD, but for some reason this didn't feel as bothersome to me as other instances. And I liked Peter acting butthurt over Daredevil "stealing" Kingpin (although Peter would probably let DD have him).

I wonder if Peter's reaction at the end was because he was disappointed at a third, random, roommate or because he realized exactly who "Fred" was? And I guess with Phil dead we've got Boomerang to do the half-costumed self as a nod to Peter's.
    Spider-Sense once activated regarding Mary Jane, if I recall correctly.

Incredible Member

She tried to attack him with a pillow when the lights were off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That could backfire if something else sets off the spider-sense (IE- chemo medication.)
    Would that even set off his Spider-Sense? Not like it's being an active threat around him, at best it'd be a potential threat like that story from Annual#42 (And Spider-Sense mostly doesn't act like that anyways), but in that one it seems he can tell the difference between minor threats and bigger ones.

Rhino being with the Superior Foes made absolutely no sense. Setting aside him being a villain again, I can't think of one reason why he would stick around with a bunch of low-level goons for robberies at this point in his life and after everything that happened to him. I hope this isn't telling of how Spencer will handle continuity.
    One can say Rhino was never the smart type

I also really appreciated that Spidey was actually depicted as fairly competent in his fight with the Superior Foes, since he pretty much cleaned their clocks for most of the fight. In any other comic I would've expected him to flail around, barely get any hits in, used as a joke, or need to get bailed out by either a supporting cast member or some guest hero.

I mean, sure, he still got saved by the Kingpin/NYPD, but for some reason this didn't feel as bothersome to me as other instances.
    While he did look more competent than some stories like to show him, it's still questionable just how easily NYPD were able to subdue the villains, if they can take out Rhino that easily then why even need super-heroes to deal with villains on that level?

And I liked Peter acting butthurt over Daredevil "stealing" Kingpin (although Peter would probably let DD have him).
    I think Peter would rather have to deal with the most dangerous villains himself if possible, hell, there was that issue of Anya's Spider-Girl he tells her that dealing with Phil by herself was a bad idea, one could argue it's because she hasn't been a super hero for that long and that she was powerless and Peter himself had to make some super advanced suit to deal with Phil, but it's like Johnny said in Marvel Two-In-One#1, Spidey's like a super-hero grandmother.

I wonder if Peter's reaction at the end was because he was disappointed at a third, random, roommate or because he realized exactly who "Fred" was? And I guess with Phil dead we've got Boomerang to do the half-costumed self as a nod to Peter's.
    So does that mean Boomerang will have an Uncle Ben?

That's odd, why did that happen?

Incredible Member

That's odd, why did that happen?
    In adjective less Spider-Man issue 26 back in 1992, the backup story shows MJ attacking peter with a pillow in the dark. His spider sense goes off. At the end of the story, she threatens to tickle him and his spider sense goes off again. It's the back up story to that 30th anniversary issue.

The way I see it this is how Spider-sense should work with supervillains/dangerous people (from the Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #18 preview)

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...let-spider-18/

I just think Boomerang's not trigering Peter's due to plot purposes, not because it's the way spider-sense should work. Again, this is just my opinion about how it works (but I'm glad that PAD somehow agrees)