• D---A real letdown

4 9.09%
  • F----Garbage; waste of time and money

1 2.27%
  • Did Not Read/Not Interested

3 6.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Grade "Go Down Swinging!"

I think it's safe for us to grade this arc as #801 is a coda to Slott's entire run and not the GDS story. So let's take the GDS story arc as a whole and give it a grade; personally, I think it is easily one of Slott's finest of his entire run an I will go with a solid "A" based on story/art/impact/overall narrative. What say you?

A++!!! Loved it! I was enthralled from start to finish and it was the most fun I've had reading a modern series in quite a while! I will probably read the entire arc from start to finish again today, since I read them as they came out the first time.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Voted B. I just can't bring myself to call it outstanding. It was great, but not quite there.

Objectively I'll give the issue a B or 4 out of 5 stars.

Edit I wish there was a B+ or A- option, but oh well. I suppose B as a letter grade is as close to 4 out of 5 stars as we can realistically get.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-31-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

A for me made introduce a new villain kinda. The supporting cast was actually supporting and Black suit always gets a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    A++!!! Loved it! I was enthralled from start to finish and it was the most fun I've had reading a modern series in quite a while! I will probably read the entire arc from start to finish again today, since I read them as they came out the first time.
    Yeah, I plan to do the same. I don't think the story was quite perfect but it's really really good and probably as close to classic as any Slott Spidey story.

A for Amazing!!!

Very close to outstanding, but I can't give it that mark because it lacked the Spider-mobile and Anna Maria Marconi.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

9/10 or A-.

Two things that would have made it a 10 for me would have been if Peter & MJ got back together- or professed their love, and if Ramos had drawn black costume with a more classic 1984 aesthetic and minus the strange sticking out eyes.

BANNED

I went for B. A few sour moments (Pete taking the bullet, the black suit not really doing much in the end), an undercooked finish to the Clash arc, and a silly price-point (I know it works out cheaper by page count, but $10/£7 is just silly money for a comic book), but overall an outstanding arc that satisfactorily resolves most of the remaining storylines of Slott's tenure. It's a high point for Slott to go out on.

BANNED

Easy to grade this one: "A."

I'd really like to know why somebody gave this a D lol. That seems a very unreasonable rating, all things considered.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

The first 3 issues were As in my book, while ASM 800 was probably a D-, maybe an F. I guess that averages out to around a B or C.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

"B", It was very good but there were some things that bothered me in this last issue, like how pointless was that Eddie gave the Venom symbiote to Peter since he didn't do anything with it and in the end he beat Norman without it, the unnecesary reaveal that Emma the nanny was Emily Lyman that did absolutely nothing for the plot and Spidey taking the bullet for Norman (I can understand Peter not wanting JJ to kill Norman but i felt taking a bullet for him was a bit to much).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    The first 3 issues were As in my book, while ASM 800 was probably a D-, maybe an F. I guess that averages out to around a B or C.
    Curious as to your reasons for disliking #800 so much. What was it that put you off, after enjoying all the other issues?