Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Free Comic Book Day 2018 Spoilers

In FCBD, Peter and a two-time roommate go apartment hunting, in between Peter takes on the Superior foes before resuming the hunt...they suceed, but find they have to share with a third roommate...let the hijinks commence!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...2018-spoilers/

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

OMG this was why I was so disappointed to hear Spencer was coming on this book... looks like they’ve just confirmed my worst fears.

Why am I not surprised that Spencer is making Boomerang a main character in his Spider-Man run ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why am I not surprised that Spencer is making Boomerang a main character in his Spider-Man run ?
    Why wouldn't he? Superior Foes was brilliant. If he's doing an Amazing run, he absolutely should bring in some of those characters.

That said, I didn't expect this particular development but I totally love it - should lead to much excellent hilarity and drama.

Luke Cage should have a word with Peter. spoilers:
    As former leader of both the Thunderbolts and the New Avengers, he'd know that Spidey is living with Boomerang, something the two themselves don't realise. He knows both of their secret identities.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So does Spidey actually manage to beat the Superior Foes? Though Boomerang obviously gets away, so I guess he's still not that effective in stopping them .
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Why wouldn't he? Superior Foes was brilliant. If he's doing an Amazing run, he absolutely should bring in some of those characters.
    I don't think he absolutely should, but it isn't surprising.

I guess, if anything, I'm glad that Spencer, despite Boomerang being a bit of a pet character of his, doesn't put him on enough of a pedestal that I should be worried about another Doc Ock situation.
    That said, I didn't expect this particular development but I totally love it - should lead to much excellent hilarity and drama.
    Seems a little more like the kind of plot twist you'd see in Spec at this point.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This looks pretty good, is the first time we saw that solicit of ASM 1? I wonder what new love interests Peter will have. Also could that solicit be a fake out to not reveal he gets back with MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This looks pretty good, is the first time we saw that solicit of ASM 1? I wonder what new love interests Peter will have. Also could that solicit be a fake out to not reveal he gets back with MJ?
    Maybe the new love interest is Beetle ?

Incredible Member

So does Spidey actually manage to beat the Superior Foes? Though Boomerang obviously gets away, so I guess he's still not that effective in stopping them .

I haven't read Superior Foes but aren't there a decent amount of B through D list villains in the book? Wouldn't Spencer using them at least elevate them considering fans have complained since as far as as JMS that not many classic villains have been used properly in Amazing?

BANNED

I guess, if anything, I'm glad that Spencer, despite Boomerang being a bit of a pet character of his, doesn't put him on enough of a pedestal that I should be worried about another Doc Ock situation.
    Well, Spencer definitely didn't put any of the hard luck Superior Foes on pedestals during that run so I don't think that will happen here!

Definitely looking forward to Spencer exploring the C-listers in Spidey's rogue gallery.

Seems a little more like the kind of plot twist you'd see in Spec at this point.
    It's very Spidey-esque, that's for sure - a situation where both Peter's civilian life and his superhero life will face an awkward overlap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    There's a flashback to when Peter and MJ were together from the Sensational Spider-Man annual, so even if he doesn't get with her in the issue, Spencer's making it crystal clear (re)building the relationship will be a major element in his run

Mighty Member

Maybe the new love interest is Beetle ?
    If not the female electro

Mighty Member

At least boomerang is not smart to do a mind swap with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I haven't read Superior Foes but aren't there a decent amount of B through D list villains in the book? Wouldn't Spencer using them at least elevate them considering fans have complained since as far as as JMS that not many classic villains have been used properly in Amazing?
    Slott used most of the A-list classic villains at some point, even if it got lost with all the focus on Doc Ock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Definitely looking forward to Spencer exploring the C-listers in Spidey's rogue gallery.
    And hopefully not at the expense of Spidey's competence and effectiveness .

Not really feeling this, but I'll wait for the issue to be out before really judging it.

Weird Peter is already without an apartment after just getting one... But they do mention that prices in NY are getting more expensive so that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    OMG this was why I was so disappointed to hear Spencer was coming on this book... looks like they’ve just confirmed my worst fears.
    How do you feel about a character being retconned into being a secret Hydra agent? Just curious

Now I'm thinking about Superior Boomerang working for Hydra lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There's a flashback to when Peter and MJ were together from the Sensational Spider-Man annual, so even if he doesn't get with her in the issue, Spencer's making it crystal clear (re)building the relationship will be a major element in his run
    Unless he's pulling a Slott
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-15-2018 at 10:22 AM.