Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even exceptionally talented people can struggle to make ends meet in today's society.

I also don't think Peter would want to take money or jobs from guys like Tony Stark or even Reed at this point in his life.
    I meant more like MJ, Liz, and Johnny, but I don't see why Peter would be against getting a job with any of them considering the fact that he was fine getting a job with Tony in JMS' run when they were Avengers together... Or at the very least, I can't see why Peter would be against calling Reed to ask him for like a recommendation letter or something - imagine applying for a job with the highest recommendations of the world's smartest man.

I think there are some situations or problems in life where you don't necessarily have much of a choice as far as dealing with them.

I don't think it makes Peter look like an idiot, it makes him feel more like a realistic, everyday, person.
    What situations/problems do you mean? It's hard to discuss this topic at such a general level.

Also, Peter is not at all like a realistic/everyday person. What realistic everyday person has their lives go up and down at such a crazy pace? In the past 8 or less years, Peter has gone from being a freelance photographer struggling to pay rent, to being blacklisted from the newspaper business, to being literally homeless a couple times, to a high school teacher, to a highly paid research scientist at Tricorp, Stark, Horizon, to a CEO of his own multibillion dollar company, to being unfairly accused across the world as being a menace, to a writer, and from being in a committed relationship to almost separating to getting back together to separating again to being in like 4 more relationships. Take every single bad situation that could ever happen to any person, and Peter's been through it like a hundred times. How is that realistic? Now he's 30 and living with a few roommates? How is that realistic? And how is Peter not learning from going through the exact same issues again and again and never learning realistic? That's just pure idiocy.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I love this idea. A welcome change of pace from the major controversial spoilers we usually get.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I'm so on board for this.

Imagine the hijinks. A superhero and a supervillain unknowingly living together. Amazing Spider-Man's gonna be in good hands.
    It's the ultimate odd couple man. What crazy hijinx will they get into this week? Cue the laugh track.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-15-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why am I not surprised that Spencer is making Boomerang a main character in his Spider-Man run ?
    I’d be happier about it if they made boomerang a good guy- but what really worries me is all the stuff i’ve Heard about spider man and a new black costume symbiont.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I think the two are quite related. If Peter's landed himself into such a stupid situation, Spencer must think Peter is dumb enough to somehow live with a supervillain for a while and not find out about it. What worries me more than the situation itself is the fact that this book is setting out to be a sitcom...

And him struggling to get by does mean he is regressing as a character if he still hasn't figured out how to be successful with all the talents and connections he has. I'm pretty sure he has like 5 good friends who are super-rich CEOs or whatever.

When Peter's literally already handled everything that life could possibly throw at him and come through all of it, there should be no reason for him to find himself in the same situations unless he's a literal idiot who has no capacity to learn from his mistakes. We know he isn't (supposed to be) an idiot, so that just leaves horrible writing and complete mismanagement of the character as the only other options.
    Come to think of it, wouldn’t peter’s spider sense tell him there was something hinky with his new roomie?��

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’d be happier about it if they made boomerang a good guy- but what really worries me is all the stuff i’ve Heard about spider man and a new black costume symbiont.
    C'mon Venom makes everything better, even faux Venom. Every character in Marvel should wear a version of the Venom Symbiote all the time. Do you hear me Marvel Office make it happen.

#VenomizedForLife
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-15-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Peter and Randy living together again?, well at lesst this are slightly less tragic circumstances .

As for Boomerang, i never read Superior Foes but i know his reputation, i hope that Spencer's voice for Peter is good thougth. This twist doesn't generate any kind of possitive or negative feeling on me personally, so i would wait until the issues come out to give my opinion.
    That reminds me, didn’t boomerang have a seriously kinky side? That really turned me off from the character.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'd rather Spencer just make him a interesting villain like he has already been doing
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-15-2018 at 04:10 PM.

I meant more like MJ, Liz, and Johnny, but I don't see why Peter would be against getting a job with any of them considering the fact that he was fine getting a job with Tony in JMS' run when they were Avengers together... Or at the very least, I can't see why Peter would be against calling Reed to ask him for like a recommendation letter or something - imagine applying for a job with the highest recommendations of the world's smartest man.
    To be fair, I see Peter not asking for a recommendation letter to Reed, not out of pride or anything, just that him suddenly having this connection with Reed could raise a few eyebrows at the very least, Tony making one would be more plausible.

Also, Peter is not at all like a realistic/everyday person. What realistic everyday person has their lives go up and down at such a crazy pace? In the past 8 or less years, Peter has gone from being a freelance photographer struggling to pay rent, to being blacklisted from the newspaper business, to being literally homeless a couple times, to a high school teacher, to a highly paid research scientist at Tricorp, Stark, Horizon, to a CEO of his own multibillion dollar company, to being unfairly accused across the world as being a menace, to a writer, and from being in a committed relationship to almost separating to getting back together to separating again to being in like 4 more relationships. Take every single bad situation that could ever happen to any person, and Peter's been through it like a hundred times. How is that realistic? Now he's 30 and living with a few roommates? How is that realistic? And how is Peter not learning from going through the exact same issues again and again and never learning realistic? That's just pure idiocy.
    It's honestly funny the idea of Peter being an everyman with how bad his life can get, "Look kids, this loser could be you.", such ay nice message

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's the ultimate odd couple man. What crazy hijinx will they get into this week? Cue the laugh track.
    This whole situation makes me think of the Three Stooges for some reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    C'mon Venom makes everything better, even faux Venom. Every character in Marvel should wear a version of the Venom Symbiote all the time. Do you hear me Marvel Office make it happen.

#VenomizedForLife
    Venomized Inc: Web of Poisoned-X Shadows

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

What situations/problems do you mean? It's hard to discuss this topic at such a general level.

I see your point, but Tony Stark wouldn't be an option, at least in my perspective, because there would logically still be bad blood from Civil War (like it or not, Tony did a lot of shady s*** there that Peter's conscience couldn't stomach, but since he went all in and revealed his identity to the public at Tony's urging, to show his support for the SHRA, going rogue left him in an untenable situation, albeit one of his own making for trusting Tony in the first place, that was eventually "resolved" with a literal Faustian bargain). And if not that, then the time Tony was talking trash about Parker Industries to Spider-Man, saying it was gonna crash and burn sooner or later while unaware that Spider-Man was Peter Parker; no way Peter goes crawling (pun not intended) to him after that level of condescension and ridicule.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I see your point, but Tony Stark wouldn't be an option, at least in my perspective, because there would logically still be bad blood from Civil War (like it or not, Tony did a lot of shady s*** there that Peter's conscience couldn't stomach, but since he went all in and revealed his identity to the public at Tony's urging, to show his support for the SHRA, going rogue left him in an untenable situation, albeit one of his own making for trusting Tony in the first place, that was eventually "resolved" with a literal Faustian bargain). And if not that, then the time Tony was talking trash about Parker Industries to Spider-Man, saying it was gonna crash and burn sooner or later while unaware that Spider-Man was Peter Parker; no way Peter goes crawling (pun not intended) to him after that level of condescension and ridicule.
    To be fair before that dumbass machild fight they had, it didn't seem like they had much bad blood, although now that you made those points, Peter asking Tony for a recommendation letter would be odd, both because of possible pride shit, and because they were former rivals on with their companies. He could always ask for one from Horizon Labs though.

BANNED

Come to think of it, wouldn’t peter’s spider sense tell him there was something hinky with his new roomie?��
    I imagine that would be something that falls under the category of "wait and read the book."

You'd definitely think that Pete's Spider-sense would tip him off but there must be some reason that it doesn't.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I imagine that would be something that falls under the category of "wait and read the book."

You'd definitely think that Pete's Spider-sense would tip him off but there must be some reason that it doesn't.
    Perhaps boomerang is not as focused on destroying Spidey like some of Spidey's other enemies are. He and boomerang could just be professional enemies. He doesn't seems to have the same hate for Spidey Electro, Otto, and Osborn did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I thought he was going to rock the black suit in the beginning of this series?
    Flashback to an earlier story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Major plans can mean too many things, could be something like her getting married to someone else, or becoming a super-hero/villain, or getting some other weird job (They made her work for Stark as a secretary, wouldn't be surprised if she gets another that sounds weird for her), or whatever, it's not definite they'll make Peter and MJ get back together when saying something so vague, although it is a possibility.
    She wasn't Stark's secretary, she was his personal assistant. Friday was the secretary. When Tony ended up in a coma, Friday took over as boss, but MJ was publicly announced in that role to avoid the board taking control because they didn't want an AI in charge.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman