Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This FCBD issue makes a nice change from the usual NextBigThing™ that we usually see in the FCBDs. The art was neat too. I'm feeling optimistic about Spencer's run.

I was a little thrown by the Fisk appearance though; why was Fisk so lenient with Spidey in the FCBD issue, when he then cracked down hard on all of the vigilantes during DD #600?

This looks awesome. Count me in - this should be a lot of fun!
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

BANNED

I have to admit I'm not as enthused about this as many of the other posters here....I don't see Superior Foes as a great roadmap to follow for the flagship Spidey title at all..this looks to be as dramatically pleasing as "Step Brothers". Geez I hope I'm wrong..

I guess one way for Spencer to make his "Marvel comeback" after Secret Empire is to go for a more low-key, "fun," book.

I was expecting something horrible from OP's response, but this looks ok to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I was expecting something horrible from OP's response, but this looks ok to me.
    I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, it just looks like a fun premise.

Like I posted earlier, I just think this is an odd direction to go in since it is fundamentally similar to what we are already getting over in Zdarsky's PP:SSM. But I also can't see the Boomerang as roommate plot lasting more than 6 issues or so.....I mean, it is a fun premise but there's not very many places they can go with this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Like I posted earlier, I just think this is an odd direction to go in since it is fundamentally similar to what we are already getting over in Zdarsky's PP:SSM. But I also can't see the Boomerang as roommate plot lasting more than 6 issues or so.....I mean, it is a fun premise but there's not very many places they can go with this.
    I don't see why Randy has to be thrown in the mix, just have Pete and Boomerang as it's a combo that doesn't seem like a repeat of a plot point barely anyone recalls from the end of the 90s in an era most would rather forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't see why Randy has to be thrown in the mix, just have Pete and Boomerang as it's a combo that doesn't seem like a repeat of a plot point barely anyone recalls from the end of the 90s in an era most would rather forget.
    I dunno, it might be a good opportunity to finally develop Peter and Randy's relationship, or just Randy in general.

I think the closest we got to that was when he was dating Norah, and that was barely a thing before she moved onto Phil.

On the upside looks like I can take Amazing off my pull list again post Red Goblin Saga. An odd couple remake starring Spidey and Boomerang does not interest me in the least.

My pocketbook will be thankful, as I already buy way too many comics lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    On the upside looks like I can take Amazing off my pull list again post Red Goblin Saga. An odd couple remake starring Spidey and Boomerang does not interest me in the least.
    If you think that's all this run is going to be about...I mean, honestly.

Having Pete sharing an apartment with a supervillain should be a fun aspect of the book and certainly sets up a very classic-style Spidey scenario in which Peter's dual lives intersect and overlap in funny/complicated ways but obviously Spencer is going to have much more going on than just roommate troubles.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I like the concept.

Slott's primary focus has been on the Spider-Man side of things, so it'll be fun to get back to Parker-centric hijinks. I have a fondness for the days when Peter had to use web-bats to scare sunbathing neighbors off the roof.

And I fully expect that Spencer will add some dramatic weight to balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If you think that's all this run is going to be about...I mean, honestly.

Having Pete sharing an apartment with a supervillain should be a fun aspect of the book and certainly sets up a very classic-style Spidey scenario in which Peter's dual lives intersect and overlap in funny/complicated ways but obviously Spencer is going to have much more going on than just roommate troubles.
    All I'll say is while I might not always have agreed with everything Slott did I feel he at least gave us some interesting, groundbreaking storylines that felt big and meaningful. This just comes across as tired old comedy crap to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    And I fully expect that Spencer will add some dramatic weight to balance things out.
    That'll be what the MJ element is for, if that flashback we got at C2E2 is anything to go by

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    All I'll say is while I might not always have agreed with everything Slott did I feel he at least gave us some interesting, groundbreaking storylines that felt big and meaningful. This just comes across as tired old comedy crap to me.
    Slott's good, Spencer's good, it's all good.