Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

THE CURSE OF BRIMSTONE #6
    •art and cover by PHILIP TAN
    •written by JUSTIN JORDAN
    •Nothing is creepier than possessed children. Wait, no, possessed dolls. Those are worse. Anyway, our heroes Joe and Annie find themselves under assault from a horde of possessed kids, all under the command of the mystical baddie Slackjaw. In reality, Slackjaw’s a possessed child himself, so it might be time to call in Brimstone for an exorcism. Unfortunately, Joe’s having a crisis of conscience because he doesn’t want to fight children, even if they’re possessed by the devil. So how do you stop a child-devil army without hurting the innocent possessed?
    •ON SALE 09.05.18
    •$2.99 US | 32 PAGES

Cannibal children, I think ? Eww...

Fantastic Member

I love this series so far and am ecstatic that Philip Tan is staying on for the full first arc (and may be the only NAoH artist to do so?).

Philippe Tan returns for a very creepy issue 5 : https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...f-brimstone-5/

This has been a surprisingly awesome horror book. I heard that originally this was meant for Vertigo and part of me wishes it would’ve been. I wonder how dark they’re allowed to take this book with it quasi-being a “cape” book?

Well, the next two/three issues will deal with a whole town of cannibal children, so I think it's safe to say that it'll be pretty dark.

Fantastic Member

I actually talked to Philip Tan at a convention earlier in the year and told him it gave me a Vertigo vibe. His response was “shhh don’t tell DC that” lol.

Edit: And yes, this continues to be a standout amongst the New Age books. It has art that is completely unique from any house style, and it fits the story perfectly. I could say the same about Sideways, but I’d still give Brimstone the bump
    Last edited by soundsci; 07-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Man, this issue was creepy as ****, and I loved it ! Slackjaw really is an atrocious agent...

I’m a sucker for creepy children’s rhymes. Glad to have Tan back, this was another great issue.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I just adore this book, it's so good. I can't wait for issues 5 and 6.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

The preview for issue 8 is absolutely stunning : https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...f-brimstone-8/

I really like this Bel Dame, I hope she doesn't bite the dust but is just forced to retreat by Brimstone.

I really hope Smallville is eventually a target of the Salesman, I want to see Brimstone and Superman team up, be a good chance to explore the different “small-town” lives each one led.

Could be interesting indeed !

Also, I've the feeling the Home Office is actually the Otherkind from Justice League Dark : both are magical beings from the Dark Multiverse, seeking to corrupt this world to make it more amenable to them, if I understood the Upside Down Man's motivations correctly. Plus, in a month or two, Doctor Fate will face off Brimstone, and Nabu is linked to the Otherkind reaching the main Multiverse.

Well, this issue was brutally good ! I really can't see where the story is going next, and I say that in the most awesome way !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, this issue was brutally good ! I really can't see where the story is going next, and I say that in the most awesome way !
    I really liked this issue too and spoilers:
    I feel really bad for Annie
    end of spoilers