Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default A Quiet Place creatures invade MCU and DCEU Earths

If you've seen the new horror movie A Quiet Place, you know that the antagonists are "an invasive predatory species of unknown origin [that] has replaced humans at the top of the food chain. The creatures are large, fast, and have a seemingly impenetrable armor shell which protects their entire bodies. The creatures are blind but have incredible hearing acuity—which they use to hunt their prey. Within three months of their arrival nearly all of humanity has been wiped out." These creatures first appeared in the year 2020 and were invulnerable to the most powerful weapons deployed by humanity's military forces (don't know if they tried using nukes, but presumably, no).

So that was on whatever Earth we see in A Quiet Place. What if those same creatures attempted to do the same on MCU Earth or DCEU Earth? Could the Avengers or the Justice League stop the creatures and save humanity?

yeaaaaaah, I take that supposed invulnerability with a few grains of salt.

spoilers:

We flat out saw one get wrecked by a shotgun to the face and none of the supposed army fighting was shown on screen.
    end of spoilers

Hulk.Smash.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

spoilers:

We flat out saw one get wrecked by a shotgun to the face and none of the supposed army fighting was shown on screen.
    end of spoilers

Hulk.Smash.
    spoilers:
    We saw one get wrecked only after it exposed it's soft bits. Basically, the frequency from the girls hearing aid made them vulnerable.
    end of spoilers

Hulk can only be in one place at once. Best bet is Tony Stark figuring out their weakness, and spreading it everywhere.

BANNED

MCU? Mass production of Shuri's "sneakers" should do the trick. The whole species starves to death.

DCU Earth, well, Superman and Flash.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    MCU? Mass production of Shuri's "sneakers" should do the trick. The whole species starves to death.

DCU Earth, well, Superman and Flash.
    Wouldn't Black Canary also be a major problem for them as well?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Wouldn't Black Canary also be a major problem for them as well?
    Not as much of a problem as when Batman finds out how they hunt, and isolates their "extreme discomfort" frequency... Its gonna suck to be them on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Hulk.Smash.
    To add to what moonknight was saying in less the whole army died off screen of natural causes I think it's safe to say the monsters killed moust of them off and there wepons were probably next to useless.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    spoilers:
    We saw one get wrecked only after it exposed it's soft bits. Basically, the frequency from the girls hearing aid made them vulnerable.
    end of spoilers

Hulk can only be in one place at once. Best bet is Tony Stark figuring out their weakness, and spreading it everywhere.
    Fair enough, but we don't have any real evidence they can handle tanks or bombs, just a magazine cover. Besides, I don't see them handling the noise of it either.
    And we've got some big bombs.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

In Marvel, when they run up against BlackBolt they are in for a world of hurt.

Astonishing Member

Didn't see it. Why did one frequency do that? The world is full of a broad spectrum of frequencies and hearing aids work in the human speech range. Did they steal this idea from Mars Attacks and the musical solution to their invasion. It's supposed a good movie but if it had bad science.

I had this problem with other uses of frequency and wavelength with the red sun weakness of Supes and the yellow ring weakness. Physics didn't make sense without more info.

Physics in fictional settings?

You've been around enough to know they're not always in line.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Didn't see it. Why did one frequency do that? The world is full of a broad spectrum of frequencies and hearing aids work in the human speech range. Did they steal this idea from Mars Attacks and the musical solution to their invasion. It's supposed a good movie but if it had bad science.

I had this problem with other uses of frequency and wavelength with the red sun weakness of Supes and the yellow ring weakness. Physics didn't make sense without more info.
    I'm not really sure they don't go into a lot of details but the dad was thinking with the aid a lot in the movie so he did something to amp it up unintentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    In Marvel, when they run up against BlackBolt they are in for a world of hurt.
    Black Bolt hasn't appeared in the MCU.

The Inhumans are in the MCU.

He whispered in Episode 8, I believe, and destroyed Attilan.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The Inhumans are in the MCU.

He whispered in Episode 8, I believe, and destroyed Attilan.
    Ah, I forgot about that show. Is it any good?