Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Yet the comics do? I also remember the 90s show having massive errors.
    I actually lowkey support this instance for comics too. People are always trying to come up with timelines and ages and it's just like... It's comics, it doesn't really make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    If Logan isn't apart of the timeline how can X-23 appear that everyone is clamoring for?
    Same way time travel works in the books: Travel through time also includes traveling to different timeLINES.

BANNED

If Logan isn't apart of the timeline how can X-23 appear that everyone is clamoring for?
    By casually disregarding all this talk about timelines like they always have, and just putting her in.

Three possibilities.

1. Reimagine the character for the movie series in question

2. Create a sequel set in the Logan-verse

3. As others have suggested, use a universe crossover

Everything concrete about X-23's cinematic future as far as the Fox movies are concerned has pointed to option 2. On the other hand, the Fox movies have never worried much about internal continuity and it remains to be seen if they actually follow Marvel's decision to reclassify the timelines in the first place.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

When I factor in the amount of time travel and characters who are seemingly jumping into and out of continuity, I just can't grasp how anyone believes there ever was a set timeline in these films.

Ermm, Jubilee was a teenager in x2 (2000s) AND apocalypse ( 80s) due to different timelines. I don’t see Laura being used in other films that aren’t a Logan sequel being an issue. There’s already precedent thay things can happpen differently in different timelines including when people are born.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it always seemed liked another timeline, but even if it wasn't originally, no director is going to want to be handcuffed by the ending.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Same way time travel works in the books: Travel through time also includes traveling to different timeLINES.
    Doesn't seem important enough to waste screen time with the inevitable horrible exposition. Should just use another young mutant in the regular timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    By casually disregarding all this talk about timelines like they always have, and just putting her in.
    Sounds about right
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 04-18-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Ermm, Jubilee was a teenager in x2 (2000s) AND apocalypse ( 80s) due to different timelines. I don’t see Laura being used in other films that aren’t a Logan sequel being an issue. There’s already precedent thay things can happpen differently in different timelines including when people are born.
    It's because jubilee is an immortal vampire, there fixed it 4 u, its even Canon

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It's because jubilee is an immortal vampire, there fixed it 4 u, its even Canon
    I guess I always assumed that the Jubilee in the original movies was not the "real" one, if that makes any sense. It's not like the character was named onscreen or did anything important (although, come to think of it, the Apocalypse Jubilee didn't really do anything either).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, it always seemed liked another timeline, but even if it wasn't originally, no director is going to want to be handcuffed by the ending.
    Directors don't want to be handcuffed not because of timelines, Every Director wants to tell their story. James Mangold never denied Logan was in a different timeline, he did not confirm it was, at the same time. He was interested in making a movie, a movie that can have a sequel or not. Blackhawk, should Steven Spielberg go on to direct the movie is going to be just as Logan was. Wonder Woman may appear but it does not necessarily mean it is part of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I guess I always assumed that the Jubilee in the original movies was not the "real" one, if that makes any sense. It's not like the character was named onscreen or did anything important (although, come to think of it, the Apocalypse Jubilee didn't really do anything either).
    Jubilees name was mentioned on screen in x2. Doesn’t really matter how much of a role she had... it’s the same character. Why would “rules” (for lack of better word) be any different just because someone has more or less screen time? Being a main character gives that character more timeline hopping abilities?

There is also a deleted scene of her showing her powers but we can not count thay one since it’s a deleted scene on the final copy.

Either way, I just don’t think laura’s fate in the film verse is necessarily tied to the events in Logan. They can easily do what they’ve done before with other characters.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Jubilees name was mentioned on screen in x2.
    Where was that?

Doesn’t really matter how much of a role she had... it’s the same character. Why would “rules” (for lack of better word) be any different just because someone has more or less screen time? Being a main character gives that character more timeline hopping abilities?
    My reasoning is as follows: Apocalypse Jubilee's age means that she was born before the time travel stuff that changed history in Days of Future Past, meaning that she had to be born at that time in the original timeline as well. Therefore, the Apocalypse Jubilee and X-Men 1/X2 character credited as Jubilee both coexisted in the original timeline. Since the same person cannot be two different people, one of them can't be Jubilee. Since the original one was not named onscreen (as I recall), it makes sense that that Jubilee was actually a different person who happened to have similar style, with the newer one being the "actual" character. Fair enough if you don't agree me, but does that make sense?

There is also a deleted scene of her showing her powers but we can not count thay one since it’s a deleted scene on the final copy.
    I don't think deleted scenes count, and if they did, I'd personally put stuff that made it into the final products as more accurate.

Either way, I just don’t think laura’s fate in the film verse is necessarily tied to the events in Logan. They can easily do what they’ve done before with other characters.
    Sure.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

"Logan" is a standalone universe:

1- "The New Mutants" is set in the mainstream X-Men universe. In the movie, Transigen-Alkali doesn't exist, Essex Corporation is definitely confirmed as the organization behind the Weapon X Program, and footage from "Logan" is rearranged to back-up a different event.
    2- At the end of "Dark Phoenix" (1992), mutants are no more seen in a "friendly" way. I doubt that humans would issue comic books about them in the 2000s/2010s or so. Also, Old Man Logan seems to imply that "fantastic/fantasy adventures" (like events depicted in 'Apocalypse', 'Dark Phoenix' and so on) did not occur at all.
    3- Old Man Logan killed the scientists in his version of the Weapon X Program. Our Logan never did that in "Apocalypse", indeed he only slaughtered the soldiers.
    4- There was no Transigen-Alkali in "Apocalypse". The Weapon X Facility was owned by the Essex Corporation.
    5- There was no adamantium bullet in "Apocalypse". In the original timeline, the adamantium bullet had been already used anyway, and it wasn't available anymore.
    6- There were mutant children at the school in the ending of DOFP (2023). This means that mutant births didn't stop in 2004, in the mainstream X-Men universe. You can also spot Nate Grey among the children.
    7- In DOFP, Phoenix is alive. In the deleted scene of "Logan", Old Man Logan talks about killing Jean and his long time remorse. That said, I doubt that Phoenix wouldn't be able to stop Xavier from killing the X-Men.
    8- They never talk about the time-travelling issue. "Logan" follows the original timeline (at least, a tweaked version of it).
    9- Caliban is totally different. He's another guy.
    10- Old Man Logan is supposed to have been "masked and costumed" in his X-Man days, wearing the comic book costume.
    11- Charles is 90 years old in "Logan" (2029). In the mainstream X-Men universe, he is born in 1932.
    12- At the end of "Dark Phoenix", we see that Xavier's school was renamed after JEAN GREY.
    In the positive ending of DOFP, they never mentioned the name of the school anyway, so that's still consistent with DP.

MARVEL officially listed the "Logan" universe as Earth-17315.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 11-28-2020 at 06:59 PM.

BANNED

Another point about LOGAN and DEADPOOL clearly being alternate worlds and not the mainstream X-Men movie timeline:

At the end of DARK PHOENIX, we see that Xavier's school changes name and is renamed after JEAN GREY.

In the positive ending of DOFP, they never mentioned the name of the school, so that's consistent with DP.
    In DEADPOOL, the school is named after XAVIER "as always".

Well, Xavier would NEVER rename the school from JEAN GREY to HIMSELF again, that would be arrogant from his part and totally out of character.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 08-11-2020 at 11:01 AM.