Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "Logan" movie alternate timeline after all?

Was just checking something on the Marvel Wiki and discovered that they'd relabeled Logan (and the characters who appeared in it) as an alternate timeline from the main X-Men movie series. The Wiki now says it takes place in Earth-17315 (as opposed to the original trilogy's universe of Earth-10005 and the Days of Future Past's altered timeline of Earth-TRN414, the latter being where we all assumed that Logan took place).

Since it's not a "TRN" number, that means that the new number is ostensibly a legitimate classification and the Wiki cites this article as the source.

I've been finding very hard to find more information on this. Anyone else know if this is legitimately canonical or not?
    Last edited by WebLurker; 04-15-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Was just checking something on the Marvel Wiki and discovered that they'd relabeled Logan (and the characters who appeared in it) as an alternate timeline from the main X-Men movie series. The Wiki now says it takes place in Earth-17315 (as opposed to the original trilogy's universe of Earth-10005 and the Days of Future Past's altered timeline of Earth-TRN414, the latter being where we all assumed that Logan took place).

Since it's not a "TRN" number, that means that the new number is ostensibly a legitimate classification and the Wiki cites this article as the source.

I've been finding very hard to find more information on this. Anyone else know if this is legitimately canonical or not?
    It's not legitimate. The X-men movie universe don't use the term earth to define different timelines. The altering of time comes only via time-travel. I believe when it's time to create another timeline they will just do another time-travel an alter everything but as of now and currently we only have 2 different timelines.

Logan picks things up from Days of future past which was set in 2023 where as Logan is set in 2029. Officially we have only 2 timelines and the X-men universe don't use marvel comic earth+numbers to describe their two different timelines.

If they did that it would be very much confusing for casual viewers and hard to sell thats why they go with the continuity and time-travel to alter things.

I'm confident tho that a third timeline will be created in the future x-men movies.

The the two timelines are separated in 1-Pre-DOPF and 2-post DOPF
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 04-15-2018 at 10:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    It's not legitimate. The X-men movie universe don't use the term earth to define different timelines. The altering of time comes only via time-travel. I believe when it's time to create another timeline they will just do another time-travel an alter everything but as of now and currently we only have 2 different timelines.

Logan picks things up from Days of future past which was set in 2023 where as Logan is set in 2029. Officially we have only 2 timelines and the X-men universe don't use marvel comic earth+numbers to describe their two different timelines.

If they did that it would be very much confusing for casual viewers and hard to sell thats why they go with the continuity and time-travel to alter things.

I'm confident tho that a third timeline will be created in the future x-men movies.

The the two timelines are separated in 1-Pre-DOPF and 2-post DOPF
    The films still fall under Marvel's licensing, and Marvel is the one who determines those reality numbers.

You also have the filmmakers THEMSELVES now stating it's a separate timeline, and that the current X-Films aren't "locked in" to ending up where Logan did.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

You also have the filmmakers THEMSELVES now stating it's a separate timeline, and that the current X-Films aren't "locked in" to ending up where Logan did.
    Who said that? Singer said the same thing about the DOFP ending.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-16-2018 at 05:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Who said that?
    I'm trying to find it, but there was an article a few months back where I think it was either Kinsberg, Schuler-Donner, or Mangold himself who said they specifically DON'T want to lock the franchise into an "everything is futile because mutants go extinct" future. Therefore Logan would by definition have to stand alone on a separate timeline.

I'm trying to find it, but there was an article a few months back where I think it was either Kinsberg, Schuler-Donner, or Mangold himself who said they specifically DON'T want to lock the franchise into an "everything is futile because mutants go extinct" future. Therefore Logan would by definition have to stand alone on a separate timeline.
    Mangold said the opposite here: https://www.screengeek.net/2017/01/2...line-comments/

Don't think @RealHughJackman said that exactly. Simple fact. We take place in 2029, 5 yrs past anything depicted in XMEN film.
    Because we take place after all the other movies, we have freedom. That's all he meant. Breathe,
    I think they meant that like DOFP, it's still possible for events in the "prequel" films to change the outcomes for the future of both DOFP and Logan. It's kind of the same timeline but if something drastic changes in the past, then the situation in the future completely morphs into something else, like the DOFP dystopian future changing into the "utopian" DOFP future.

Astonishing Member

What ever the curent answer is it will be retconed to line up with how they want the franchises to contunue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    What ever the curent answer is it will be retconed to line up with how they want the franchises to contunue.
    And all of this will be irrelevant once the Disney deal passes through anyway. Either there will be a hard reboot in the MCU or even in case of a multiverse merger like Secret Wars, it will be a new timeline for both the XCU and the MCU.

The films still fall under Marvel's licensing, and Marvel is the one who determines those reality numbers.

The movies fall under Marvel but it has nothing to do with the timeline in the X-men movie universe. The only separate timeline is deadpool because it has different universe and timeline.

The X-men movies are based on continuity and not so much jumping back and forth. Logan is officially within the revised timeline. You can visit the X-men movies wiki and see it for yourself. http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men_Movies_Wiki

They refer the Old timeline as the ''original timeline'' and the second timeline as the ''revised timeline''

Movies by time:

Original Timeline:

X-men, X2, Xmen Last stand, The Wolverine, X-men: Origins and First half of DOFP

Revised timeline:

Last half of DOFP, x-men apocalypse, X-men: dark phoenix and Logan

There is nothing outside of Original timeline or revised timeline in the X-men movie universe except X-men first class because it took place before the time-travel happened
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 04-16-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    The only separate timeline is deadpool because it has different universe and timeline.
    It doesn’t.

10char

It doesn’t.

10char
    As far as I know Deadpool is taking place in separate timeline. Even tho it's within X-men world it has separate timeline

There's no continuity on Fox movies. Just don't bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's no continuity on Fox movies. Just don't bother with it.
    Yet the comics do? I also remember the 90s show having massive errors.

Yet the comics do? I also remember the 90s show having massive errors.
    No, but comics at least [most of the time] try to give explanations(or used to). Second, I at least don't give them a pass(Phoenix Resurrection and Jean Grey solo were continuity jokes). There's also that continuity in ten movies should be way way easier to manage than in literally hundreds and hundreds issues of one single franchise in an even larger universe.

Movies just don't give a crap about continuity, there's errors from literally one movie to the immediate next, and I'm sad to see that comics are following that lead.

Fantastic Member

I always viewed Logan as a separate stand alone story, like Deadpool. It doesn't tie into the other movies. And since the future of the franchise is with the films set in the past, it doesn't really matter.