Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's no continuity on Fox movies. Just don't bother with it.
    This, besides I don't get why anyone (fans or fox execs) would want a locked future anyway. Severely limits story potential.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Was just checking something on the Marvel Wiki and discovered that they'd relabeled Logan (and the characters who appeared in it) as an alternate timeline from the main X-Men movie series. The Wiki now says it takes place in Earth-17315 (as opposed to the original trilogy's universe of Earth-10005 and the Days of Future Past's altered timeline of Earth-TRN414, the latter being where we all assumed that Logan took place).

Since it's not a "TRN" number, that means that the new number is ostensibly a legitimate classification and the Wiki cites this article as the source.

I've been finding very hard to find more information on this. Anyone else know if this is legitimately canonical or not?
    That site is maintained by the Handbooks writing staff making it semi-official but its only official when it sees print in an actual Handbook or Marvel comic.

BANNED

It's a timeline wherein the X-Men were killed by Charles Xavier, and Mutants as a species are 100% extinct, save for a small handful of lab experiments, who won't be able to make new Mutants when they grow up.

Yeah, that sure sounds like not the main timeline.

And it's not even a dystopic hellhole world. People barely have noticed.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Hopefully future X-MEN movies have tighter continuity
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

This is why I believe either Disney allows Fox to continue with their films separate from the MCU or Fiege completely reboots and brings them to the MCU but I don't believe for a second Feige will ever allow this mess touch the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Yet the comics do? I also remember the 90s show having massive errors.
    Nowhere close lol. The Singer movies are Zelda-level continuity throw-together. Actually that's doing Zelda a bit of a disservice, since Nintendo actually released something that makes sense, unlike the Fox-men, which Deus Ex Machina time travel right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Nowhere close lol. The Singer movies are Zelda-level continuity throw-together. Actually that's doing Zelda a bit of a disservice, since Nintendo actually released something that makes sense, unlike the Fox-men, which Deus Ex Machina time travel right?

You realize Zelda itself used Deus Ex Machina time travel to explain its timeline, right?

If the future of the X-Men involves every mutant on Earth and mutation itself dead via corn syrup, and the only future is a dozen artificially created mutants trying to reach Canada [where they'll probably be enslaved by Dept H]? No, thanks. Logan was a beautiful movie but I genuinely refuse to think that's the real and utterly hopeless future of the X-Men universe. I'll never sit through another slit-my-wrists X-movie like that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    That site is maintained by the Handbooks writing staff making it semi-official but its only official when it sees print in an actual Handbook or Marvel comic.
    Okay then.

It will be interesting to see if the future Fox-made movies choose to take a similar approach or not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Logan was never part of the main line of X-Men movies. It's merely a possible future, which will clearly never actually happen.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This is why I believe either Disney allows Fox to continue with their films separate from the MCU or Fiege completely reboots and brings them to the MCU but I don't believe for a second Feige will ever allow this mess touch the MCU.
    Kevin doesn’t seem to care about the errors based on interviews. In fact most people don’t.

I think he will allow wrap up whatever storyline they have(depending on reception) and then later reboot after several years with some multiverse cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Reread Avengers vs X-Men. It literally lies to its readers about what happened in previous storylines.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-16-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Logan was never part of the main line of X-Men movies. It's merely a possible future, which will clearly never actually happen.
    Where do you get this information from or is it something you wished was like that but this is not the case tho. Logan is in the revised timeline and the same line with Last part of DOFP, X-men apocalypse, x-men dark phoenix and Logan. All these are set in the revised timeline. Logan is in the continuity even James Mangold clarified this and this has been pretty much official for over a year

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The films still fall under Marvel's licensing, and Marvel is the one who determines those reality numbers.

You also have the filmmakers THEMSELVES now stating it's a separate timeline, and that the current X-Films aren't "locked in" to ending up where Logan did.
    This.

If marvel says it’s a different timeline it’s a different timeline. Doesn’t matter how viewers connect the dots or interpret things.

On another note, if marvel is saying it’s a different timeline, I wonder if that means some things happen in Logan thay they want to “undo” for the movie franchise’s main timeline. As in they are actively writing scripts that Logan previously locked them out of doing.
    Last edited by Grey; 04-17-2018 at 05:31 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Agree. Disney has already said the X-men movies will “continue under the fox banner” for now.

I think they’ll let the x films continue as is until the avengers are ready to reboot, in which case they will reboot it all into one.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

If Logan isn't apart of the timeline how can X-23 appear that everyone is clamoring for?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.