Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Lurking not-yet reader here. Is Dan Slott's run really that bad that this is a possibility? XD
    In total fairness, I think that "bad" is a loaded question (I loathe what I've read of Slott's stuff overall -- both in craftsmanship and in his interpretation of the Spidey mythos -- but other's like him, so he must've been doing something right for at least a part of the fanbase). However, Slott is known for doing extremely unorthodox things, including slaughtering sacred cows. So, with that in mind, I think it's possible, although everything I've heard seems to suggest that MJ is going to have some kind of role in upcoming runs, so I'm of the opinion that Slott won't do this (either because that's not the story he wanted to tell or his was told that such a story wasn't on the table).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What rumor? What's the source on this?
    It's nonsense from 4chan

Spectacular Member

I believe Slott would be mean-spirited enough to propose it. He killed MC2 Peter for no other reason than to brag about how mean he is.

I don't think Marvel editorial would let him. They need a PR win and stuffing Mary Jane in the refrigerator would not be it. Social media would erupt in a negative storm if Marvel killed off one of its longest running prominent female characters just so Peter can feel sad and Slott can gloat on his Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    I believe Slott would be mean-spirited enough to propose it. He killed MC2 Peter for no other reason than to brag about how mean he is.

I don't think Marvel editorial would let him. They need a PR win and stuffing Mary Jane in the refrigerator would not be it. Social media would erupt in a negative storm if Marvel killed off one of its longest running prominent female characters just so Peter can feel sad and Slott can gloat on his Twitter.
    So in other words, the sole hope that MJ ain't getting killed is a "Let's hope Marvel isn't this stupid" lol.

I don't see Slott killing off a major character at the end of his run, partly because he won't be able to deal with the consequences, which would be the reason to do it in the first place. Beyond that, MJ's death wouldn't convince anyone and it wouldn't do anything positive for the series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't see Slott killing off a major character at the end of his run, partly because he won't be able to deal with the consequences, which would be the reason to do it in the first place. Beyond that, MJ's death wouldn't convince anyone and it wouldn't do anything positive for the series.
    Maybe he could kinda try to do it in Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post

Was he serious about that or just joking? While I have seen Slott bully people online (such as stooping down to the level of "fans" who harass him on social media or this forum), he also seems to have an irreverent and somewhat self-deprecative sense of humor (e.g. calling his future plans for the series he works on "evil schemes" and whatnot). I frankly don't think he's a cruel guy, just thin-skinned and iconoclastic about sacred cows, which can cause rhubarbs in an environment where instant response time seems to be bring out the worst in people, communication is not verbal or face-to-face, and it's on a subject that most of us take way to seriously in the first place.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Was he serious about that or just joking? While I have seen Slott bully people online (such as stooping down to the level of "fans" who harass him on social media or this forum), he also seems to have an irreverent and somewhat self-deprecative sense of humor (e.g. calling his future plans for the series he works on "evil schemes" and whatnot). I frankly don't think he's a cruel guy, just thin-skinned and iconoclastic about sacred cows, which can cause rhubarbs in an environment where instant response time seems to be bring out the worst in people, communication is not verbal or face-to-face, and it's on a subject that most of us take way to seriously in the first place.
    There was the comicvine interview he had promoting RYV where he openly mocked people who were upset about "MC2" Peter's death, saying "Oh boo hoo I killed an alternate Spider-Man", purposely glossing over the fact that some of those fans regarded MC2 Peter as being among the closest a version of 616 Peter got to a happy ending (keep in mind MC2 has all the history of the original Peter up until the point of divergence at the end of the 90s)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-20-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There was the comicvine interview he had promoting RYV where he openly mocked people who were upset about "MC2" Peter's death, saying "Oh boo hoo I killed an alternate Spider-Man", purposely glossing over the fact that some of those fans regarded MC2 Peter as being among the closest a version of 616 Peter got to a happy ending (keep in mind MC2 has all the history of the original Peter up until the point of divergence at the end of the 90s)
    I would understand that attitude of his if he killed some random Peter from some random what if who showed up a total of one time and people bitched about it (Though even in that case it's dick thing to say lol), but MC2 Peter, while not as big as other counterparts like Ultimate, is still not just some random Spider-Man considering that MC2 was on going for a while, so that's a really dumb point to make.

Like I said, I think he's kinda iconoclastic. Also notice that I also indicated that I think he has very bad manners.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

no more deaths. No more clones. please.

Seems more likely he'd kill off one of the characters he created. So maybe ... Silk?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Amazing Member

Why do we care what happens to MJ? She's barely even a supporting character lol. She used to be important till Marvel spit on their readers, but she hasn't been relevant for a decade lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2Thumbs View Post
    Why do we care what happens to MJ? She's barely even a supporting character lol. She used to be important till Marvel spit on their readers, but she hasn't been relevant for a decade lol.
    That's not remotely true.

-She has a featured role in Invincible Iron Man under Bendis
    -She remains his wife in the newspaper strip and has a lot of focus
    -She is his wife, crime fighting partner and mother to his child in the ongoing Renew Your Vows

"lol"

Amazing Member

That's not remotely true.

-She has a featured role in Invincible Iron Man under Bendis
    -She remains his wife in the newspaper strip and has a lot of focus
    -She is his wife, crime fighting partner and mother to his child in the ongoing Renew Your Vows

"lol"
    - Ah. So they nixxed the marriage to Peter and have her screwing Tony now. Awesome.

-Really? The comic strip that has nothing to do with any of the ongoing books?

-RYV is a limited run consolation prize meant to placate older readers into buying Spidey comics again after spitting on them with OMD.