Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That's not remotely true.

-She has a featured role in Invincible Iron Man under Bendis
    -She remains his wife in the newspaper strip and has a lot of focus
    -She is his wife, crime fighting partner and mother to his child in the ongoing Renew Your Vows

"lol"
    Renew your vows is probably getting cancelled. The newspaper strip is terrible. She is a supporting cast member in a non Spider-Man book...so what?

I'd love to see MJ killed. She is a non entity in the Spider books and has been for a long long time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    The newspaper strip is terrible.
    No it is'nt.

She is a non entity in the Spider books and has been for a long long time.
    I just cited examples that prove she's just as relevant as ever, you chose to ignore or dismiss them.

As for why she's not a big deal currently, that was down to Slott not wanting to use her frequently, Cebulski has said Spencer has major plans for her that we will see later in the upcoming run.

I also fail to see how killing her off would do her any any favors. (Killing off this version might because she doesn't act like Mary Jane at all) Marvel tried disposing of her in a tragic way before and it failed.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-24-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Renew your vows is probably getting cancelled.
    Maybe. We don't really know for sure.

The newspaper strip is terrible.
    Subjective. The newspaper comics really isn't to my taste, either, but some people like it and it's not doing any harm by existing.

She is a supporting cast member in a non Spider-Man book...so what?
    I've found that that matters for some people. Seeing as I don't read either current ASM or Iron Man stuff, I feel that it's not really for me to say where the 616 iteration of the character is put.

I'd love to see MJ killed. She is a non entity in the Spider books and has been for a long long time.
    Well, if that happens, it would make the (admittedly astronomically unlikely) chance of OMD getting undone that much more tricky to do.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, if that happens, it would make the (admittedly astronomically unlikely) chance of OMD getting undone that much more tricky to do.
    Peter journies to hell to fight for MJ's soul is the kind of money Marvel refuses to make

Renew your vows is probably getting cancelled. The newspaper strip is terrible. She is a supporting cast member in a non Spider-Man book...so what?

Wow man, is fine to not like her or being indifferent, but wishing to have her killed just because she hasn't a core part of the books for a while is kind of extreme.

Amazing Member

I wish they would kill her for good. That way, they can stop taunting us with the possibility of Pete and MJ getting back together again, then they can alienate the last of their older readers (the ones who actually buy comics) and ASM can fail Spectacularly.

They've said time and time again it's not gonna happen. Just kill her off already.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter journies to hell to fight for MJ's soul is the kind of money Marvel refuses to make
    Yeah, I'm sure they're weeping over the handful of dollars they've lost out of the thousands they bring in annually.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Thumbs View Post
    I wish they would kill her for good. That way, they can stop taunting us with the possibility of Pete and MJ getting back together again, then they can alienate the last of their older readers (the ones who actually buy comics) and ASM can fail Spectacularly.

They've said time and time again it's not gonna happen. Just kill her off already.
    Maybe it'd be easier to just stop believing Marvel's tricks? Or not read the series at all if it frustrates you that much? I've found just letting 616 ASM do its own thing like it was an AU or something I can ignore and focusing on aspects of the franchise I do like (movies, new ASM Epic Collections, RYV, etc.) makes for a happier experience.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

Yeah, I'm sure they're weeping over the handful of dollars they've lost out of the thousands they bring in annually.

Maybe it'd be easier to just stop believing Marvel's tricks? Or not read the series at all if it frustrates you that much? I've found just letting 616 ASM do its own thing like it was an AU or something I can ignore and focusing on aspects of the franchise I do like (movies, new ASM Epic Collections, RYV, etc.) makes for a happier experience.
    Lol. Like I still buy Marvel comics. OMD is the last Marvel comic I ever bought or will ever buy. It's obvious they dont care about their readers.

OMD itself didn't kill ASM, not even Clone Saga did. MJ dying wouldn't be nearly enough to kill it.

Lol. Like I still buy Marvel comics. OMD is the last Marvel comic I ever bought or will ever buy. It's obvious they dont care about their readers.
    Fair enough for you. As for me, I don't want my displeasure for how one franchise was handled to affect my enjoyment of other franchises they have that I like.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

Fair enough for you. As for me, I don't want my displeasure for how one franchise was handled to affect my enjoyment of other franchises they have that I like.
    Fair enough. I know better than to get invested into any Marvel characters, especially after the fates Ultimate Peter and MJ/Pete's marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    OMD itself didn't kill ASM, not even Clone Saga did. MJ dying wouldn't be nearly enough to kill it.
    Although I might take a break from Spidey related internet sites if they do for a couple months, mainly because I don't want to witness the backlash firsthand. I think it could get very nasty lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Although I might take a break from Spidey related internet sites if they do for a couple months, mainly because I don't want to witness the backlash firsthand. I think it could get very nasty lol.
    I wonder why. Could it be that readers want MJ and Pete together?

As much as I really really really hate to say it. Yes I can see it happening. Mainly because as long as she's around people will remember OMD. So he won't be worried about editorial or any sort of PR disaster. Even if backlash does happen I don't think Marvel cares anymore. Now wether or not this will happen I have no idea.

BANNED

I never said Marvel needed to make money with a OMD resolution, but it would net them both some big event numbers and get the kind of good faith and press DC has routinely had an advantage with since 2016 where they actually started giving fans what they want instead of offering brief candle alternatives.