Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do You Believe That Phase 4 Movies Will Be Announced Post Infinity War?

I can't remember when the Phase 3 movies were announced, though i am fairly sure that it was around the Age Of Ultron aftermath.
    So can we expect any announcements regarding the Phase 4 roster after the release of Infinity War? Certainly, the name of Avengers 4 should be revealed but i do have the impression that we might learn something more about Phase 4.

BANNED

I think that will depend largely on whether Thanos is actually defeated in Infinity War, which I'm not convinced of.

But TBH I'm having a hard time feeling invested in Phase IV, despite loving Doctor Strange. I'm feeling like Avengers 4 is a good jumping off point for some reason.

Hopefully, the Fox and Disney will be ironed out by the time Avengers 4 hits and that way Marvel can introduce mutants/ X- Men and the Fantastic Four into the MCU. Even have Dr. Doom or even a proper Galactus be the new BIG bad in the universe after Thanos is dealt with.

What do the "Phases" mean and how many are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What do the "Phases" mean and how many are there?
    Phase One was Iron Man through the first Avengers movie in 2012. Phase Two went from Iron Man 3 through Ant Man. Phase Three started with Captain America: Civil War and ends with Avengers 4.

I think Avengers 4 will be the time it's announced. We have two movies between avengers 3 and 4. One takes place before infinity war (Antman and The Wasp) and the other in the 90s(Cap marv3l). I think the MCU stands still till after Avenger 4. Thanos most likely wins in IW and Avngers 4 is a scramble to save what's left. What comes next is spoilers until after Avenger 4.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Phase One was Iron Man through the first Avengers movie in 2012. Phase Two went from Iron Man 3 through Ant Man. Phase Three started with Captain America: Civil War and ends with Avengers 4.
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Avengers 4 will be the time it's announced. We have two movies between avengers 3 and 4. One takes place before infinity war (Antman and The Wasp) and the other in the 90s(Cap marv3l). I think the MCU stands still till after Avenger 4. Thanos most likely wins in IW and Avngers 4 is a scramble to save what's left. What comes next is spoilers until after Avenger 4.
    I don't know if Infinity War-Avengers 4 is going to be that blatantly a two-parter.

Amazing Member

Yes. I think they don't want to announce anything to not hint at who actually dies. Theoretically, everyone other than Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man & The Wasp are all possible to die at the hands of the Mad Titan. And those four seem safe because their sequels have already been announced. Bad things can still happen to them, but they'll make it out at the end.

If you know 'Captain America: Secret Empire' is coming, it kinda kills the drama of "Will Cap survive a guy whose gimmick is MURDER EVERYTHING?" It can be retained through great, top-notch storytelling, but that's an uphill battle. If you wait until afterwards to announce 'Captain America 4', then that drama is relatively intact (beyond plausible theories and fan-booking).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaxQuick View Post
    Yes. I think they don't want to announce anything to not hint at who actually dies. Theoretically, everyone other than Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man & The Wasp are all possible to die at the hands of the Mad Titan. And those four seem safe because their sequels have already been announced. Bad things can still happen to them, but they'll make it out at the end.

If you know 'Captain America: Secret Empire' is coming, it kinda kills the drama of "Will Cap survive a guy whose gimmick is MURDER EVERYTHING?" It can be retained through great, top-notch storytelling, but that's an uphill battle. If you wait until afterwards to announce 'Captain America 4', then that drama is relatively intact (beyond plausible theories and fan-booking).
    I'd say Spiderman is safer even than those

I am thinking end of phase 4 is going to be Secret Invasion now that they got Skrulls back from Fox. They could even set it up at the end of Avengers 4 have someone die and reveal the skrull just like the book then build from there to Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I am thinking end of phase 4 is going to be Secret Invasion now that they got Skrulls back from Fox. They could even set it up at the end of Avengers 4 have someone die and reveal the skrull just like the book then build from there to Secret Invasion.
    Who would be a good Skrull candidate?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Whoever has a contract that they do not want to renew. I think Hawkeye would be the one to get taken out, unless RDJ is finally hanging up the suit he would be a massive death for the 4th movie.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Iron Man or Captain America
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Iron Man or Captain America
    I don't think there's any way Cap could be one, given the events of Winter Soldier and Civil War. A Skrull spy wouldn't risk his high position in human society to expose Hydra or help an old friend. Likewise, I doubt a Skrull Tony would be as emotionally out of control about the death of his mother, so Iron Man is out, too. The most likely Skrull candidates are Black Widow and Nick Fury.