Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Missing Amazing Spider-Man volume? Help

Am I missing something? The last Amazing Spider-Man Deluxe HC has been released and includes Amazing Spider-Man 20-28, Annual 1. The next deluxe edition includes Amazing Spider-Man 794-801, Annual 42 and is due out in August. So Marvel skipped issues #29-32 & 789-793. Where is the book collecting those issues? Did I miss a book?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

#29-32 and 789-791 were released in the Amazing Spider-Man Worldwide Vol. 7 trade, and #792-793 are included in the Venom Inc. crossover trade. I guess due to the odd numbering of the trades they're skipping that hardcover and just doing one that combines Worldwide Vol. 8 and 9 for the whole Red Goblin arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    #29-32 and 789-791 were released in the Amazing Spider-Man Worldwide Vol. 7 trade, and #792-793 are included in the Venom Inc. crossover trade. I guess due to the odd numbering of the trades they're skipping that hardcover and just doing one that combines Worldwide Vol. 8 and 9 for the whole Red Goblin arc.
    Ah, crud. That stinks. I wanted the HC version. Thanks for the info though. I'll need to get those trades.

*edit* I noticed you're a fan of Spider-Gwen too. Have you heard of the book has been officially canceled? I heard rumors it was going to be.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 05-30-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ah, crud. That stinks. I wanted the HC version. Thanks for the info though. I'll need to get those trades.

*edit* I noticed you're a fan of Spider-Gwen too. Have you heard of the book has been officially canceled? I heard rumors it was going to be.
    It was pointed out in the other thread that Marvel did the same thing w/Clone Conspiracy - the CC OHC came out before the ASM OHC that preceded it. If you're going to get the whole run in OHC, I'd just borrow those trades until the fourth WorldWide HC comes out - no reason to think it won't come out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    It was pointed out in the other thread that Marvel did the same thing w/Clone Conspiracy - the CC OHC came out before the ASM OHC that preceded it. If you're going to get the whole run in OHC, I'd just borrow those trades until the fourth WorldWide HC comes out - no reason to think it won't come out at all.
    Yeah, but I don't want to wait that long to read it. Plus, those two tpbs will only cost me $20. No biggie. Then once I get the OHC when it comes out, I'll just donate the two trades to my library.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

Technically the book hasn't been cancelled, but it is officially ending in July under the writer and artists terms. It is heavily assumed that by the Fall we'll be getting a new Spider-Gwen book with a new creative team, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Technically the book hasn't been cancelled, but it is officially ending in July under the writer and artists terms. It is heavily assumed that by the Fall we'll be getting a new Spider-Gwen book with a new creative team, but we'll just have to wait and see.
    Well, I guess that is good news in that it's getting a new start and not just canceled for good.