Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I like a lot of these but you don't have to make Steve gay just so you can allow Diana to have other romances there are other options and the last time anyone did that it failed because not many liked the idea of a barrier that stopped Steve from romancing Diana even other writers from the guys who did Justice League to Grant Morrison didn't do it. Just give her other love interests. Also being able to romance Diana is part of Steve's function you can't take that away. But it is your take but it's not one I am into.
    I'm not saying this (or anything else on my list) should be done. But it's rather clear that historically, writers have had trouble handling Diana's and Steve's relation. This would be a new way to approach that problem that would (a) be funny (a gay man alone on the island of gorgeous women), (b) give strong opportunities to explore LGBT questions in Wonder Woman.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm not saying this (or anything else on my list) should be done. But it's rather clear that historically, writers have had trouble handling Diana's and Steve's relation. This would be a new way to approach that problem that would (a) be funny (a gay man alone on the island of gorgeous women), (b) give strong opportunities to explore LGBT questions in Wonder Woman.
    I get what you mean I'm just saying that there are other avenues and options as well as ways to handle Steve and Diana's relationship which I learned from the Wonder Woman movie needs to be updated by giving them enough diferences enough contrast so that there is an engaging dynamic but not so that the relationship turns toxic with the Marston influences completely discarded from Steve's characterisation.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Also building off what Greg Rucka established for Cheetah here is my take on her because of Diana's failure to help her and the Greek gods' rejection of her she now believes that Diana's beliefs are lies as well. That Diana's beliefs of love, peace, and truth are all lies and that Diana is little more than a hypocrite. So not only does she want to destroy Diana for her apparent betrayal but also to prove that she is nothing more than a liar and a hypocrite and develops this social Darwinistic belief that it the only strong can live while eating the weak. And she intends to prove that by killing her or working on ways to make people like her.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-29-2018 at 12:31 PM.

And courtesy of user Vakanai who inspired this one of the things I would do is write a book for the key players of A.R.G.U.S. each issue would focus on each character on their lives before they met Wonder Woman and what exactly drives them to do what they do. One issue will centre on Steve Trevor telling how his father's influence got him to join the military and a great tragedy caused him to join A.R.G.U.S. Etta Candy's will centre on her life as a Holiday girl and how she came to join the military how and Steve met. Charlie's will be centred on his life maybe he was married once but got divorced as he came with PSTD and began drinking heavily and how he met Steve. Sameer's can centre on how he failed as an actor and became a con artist then met Steve. Chief's well will centre on how he came to be a smuggler.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 07-06-2018 at 12:33 AM.

I was reading an interview on Newsarama last night with Bendis on his Man of Steel miniseries and the ongoing Superman and Action comics. Reading it, I just kept feeling/thinking, "Dang, I wish we could get this level of creative thought, respect, and resources devoted to Wonder Woman."

Essentially he reiterated that Superman will be about epic-ness that only Superman can deal in the broader DCU with and Action would be about the life of Clark Kent. In sense, giving readers the best of both worlds of the Kryptonian in a way that would complement one another.

I'm not saying I want Bendis on Wonder Woman (personally though, I wouldn't mind. I know other's mileage may vary.), but I'd love if a creative powerhouse took her on with all their energy and went epic with Diana, her world, and her history.

To do this, I'd A.) hire the creative powerhouse writer, 2.) relaunch Sensation alongside Wonder Woman with the same writer or another working in concert together, and iii.) set the books up similarly. Wonder Woman would focus on Diana's life, perspective, and problems and Sensation, side by side with it, would dive into the wild world of wonder that only Diana could develop, decipher, and deliver. (Like we've been discussing in other threads.)

Unless you have a really skilled writer, it's hard to fit Wonder Woman's world into a single comic and develop her supporting characters, concepts, villains, and world in a way she deserves.

Anyway, that's my crazy Wonder wish for today.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-10-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I was reading an interview on Newsarama last night with Bendis on his Man of Steel miniseries and the ongoing Superman and Action comics. Reading it, I just kept feeling/thinking, "Dang, I wish we could get this level of creative thought, respect, and resources devoted to Wonder Woman."

Essentially he reiterated that Superman will be about epic-ness that only Superman can deal in the broader DCU with and Action would be about the life of Clark Kent. In sense, giving readers the best of both worlds of the Kryptonian in a way that would complement one another.

I'm not saying I want Bendis on Wonder Woman (personally though, I wouldn't mind. I know other's mileage may vary.), but I'd love if a creative powerhouse took her on with all their energy and went epic with Diana, her world, and her history.

To do this, I'd A.) hire the creative powerhouse writer, 2.) relaunch Sensation alongside Wonder Woman with the same writer or another working in concert together, and iii.) set the books up similarly. Wonder Woman would focus on Diana's life, perspective, and problems and Sensation, side by side with it, would dive into the wild world of wonder that only Diana could develop, decipher, and deliver. (Like we've been discussing in other threads.)

Unless you have a really skilled writer, it's hard to fit Wonder Woman's world into a single comic and develop her supporting characters, concepts, villains, and world in a way she deserves.

Anyway, that's my crazy Wonder wish for today.
    Well if you read Man of Steel Wonder Woman appeared along with the rest of the Justice League and surprisingly Bendis got her voice right well mileage may vary on it. Who would you have in mind to work on both Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics if the latter came back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well if you read Man of Steel Wonder Woman appeared along with the rest of the Justice League and surprisingly Bendis got her voice right well mileage may vary on it. Who would you have in mind to work on both Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics if the latter came back.
    I haven’t read Man of Steel. I’ll check it out at some point.

Who would I have work on Wonder Woman and Sensation? That’s a really HARD question. I need to give it some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I haven’t read Man of Steel. I’ll check it out at some point.

Who would I have work on Wonder Woman and Sensation? That’s a really HARD question. I need to give it some thought.
    You should I was surprised that Bendis got Wonder Woman right at all considering my experience with his work. And take your time.