Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which honestly says more about the writer than the idea of Diana not having a secret identity. Most Marvel heroes don't have secret identities and are written just fine (or at least without writers viewing them as literal gods).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Hey anything to try to give a more down to earth portrayal of Wonder Woman that actually gets more readers to think of her in a more normal light. And if restoring the Diana Prince identity can do that I say why not? You just need to offer something that will make the fans who like the idea of her not hiding secrets happy.
    One way to maybe address it is where does she live, how does she buy food, does she work? If she works, does she have a bank account? All of these things would require (at least in the U.S.) a social security card or at the least a first and last name. Less a secret identity and more an alter ego?

BANNED

My to do list here:

- Actually read some complete Wonder Woman runs before starting, as I've currently read very little of her solo books.
    - Have Donna as a constant in the book, bringing back her original origin. It isn't my favorite origin for her as I find it kinda boring, but at this point this mess just needs to be over with.
    - Have Cassie as a constant in the book, bringing back her original origin, because f**k the Nu52 and f**k the sexist crap that was the DaddyZeus revised origin.
    - Involve Deilan and Artemis from time to time.
    - Introduce a group of transgender Amazons.

I can't say I have ideas off the top of my head for what stories I'd tell. I have plenty of ideas for stories with Donna, Cassie and Deilan front and center, but with my lack of knowledge regarding Diana's solos and my generally finding Diana pretty boring, I don't know what I'd have to say about her.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    One way to maybe address it is where does she live, how does she buy food, does she work? If she works, does she have a bank account? All of these things would require (at least in the U.S.) a social security card or at the least a first and last name. Less a secret identity and more an alter ego?
    I'd say all these are universal even if you lived in the Middle East or Africa. A last name shoudl help solidify showing these things actually.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Well maybe not but the identity itself would serve a barrier for the writer to stop with the whole people think of her as a goddess idea.
    Writers don't know the meaning of the word barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Writers don't know the meaning of the word barrier.
    How about editor get someone who will actually set some ground rules.

BANNED

How about editor get someone who will actually set some ground rules.
    That is not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That is not how it works.
    Then how does it work?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Then how does it work?
    With Wonder Woman? Thrown everything out the window that came before and do what you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    With Wonder Woman? Thrown everything out the window that came before and do what you want to!
    That's pretty much all comics in general.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    - A romance between Diana and Steve continues, complicated by Aphrodite and Eros and necessitating an team up between the Zamarons and Amazons.
    This one is very interesting how do you see it playing out?

I would write out of continuity stories, because I'm an iconoclast and my take on Diana wouldn't be for the more established fans.

My first one would be a continuation of Azzarello's run (discounting the Finch) with an addition of the SM/WW stories. I would explore Diana's new standing as the Goddess of War, what it entails, how she can actually try to make the world a better place in spite of her new nature. I would probably make this very War God aspect her true enemy however, during the first part of the series, with her ending by realizing that she can't change human nature, which bring war to existence, but that she can still better it, and perhaps change the definition of war. I would probably pit her against Ursa/Faora quite a lot, because I find that both would be great opponents which would challenge the other in many ways beyond simply a brawl of epic proportions.

Another book would be The Hunt for Myrina Black, picking up from Darkseid War. Basically, Grail ends up admitting that she can't reform her father, alone tat is. And in her twisted mind, what she needs is a little motherly help. So she tried to breach into tartarus (where Myrina probably ended when she was killed by Grail herself). Obviously, it requires some pretty atrocious murders and other sacrifices to fuel the process, but it's nothing that Grail won't do to get her mother back. Obviously, DIana will pick up on her trail and try to stop her. The conflict would be both physical and moral : did Myrina's actions truly warranted eternal punishment in Tartarus ? Wasn't she simply a tool for the Old Gods to try and get ride of both Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor ?

Spectacular Member

Okay, so I wanted to respond to this thread, because I actually thought about what I would do, if for some reason i was given the book. This was awhile back, so it's a bit outdated, but I had a couple of goals.
    1) Build upon previous runs rather than simply starting anew.
    2) Work on developing Diana's supporting characters.
    3) Work on developing Diana's non-god rogue's gallery.
    4) Do the above without losing focus on the main character.

The main idea I had was to link a bunch of Diana's more science based foes into a group working in secret. I had originally envisioned using Baroness Paula Von Gunther as the leader, having taken control of the mostly unused organization SKULL. The group itself doesn't have much of a connection to Wonder Woman's mythos, but frankly it hasn't been used by anyone in forever, so I felt it would be fine. Nowadays, I suppose it would just be easier to use Godwatch, and replace Von Gunther with Cale. Anyway, she would have a science council, consisting of Dr Cyber, Dr Poison, and the Duke of Deception(who is secretly working with Ares, unknown of to the group). Each would head up a different division of the group, robotics/cybernetic warfare, chemical/biological warfare and psychological warfare respectively.

While that would have been the overarching villains group, I wanted to use other villains as well, in both short one and done arcs, and in longer overtime arcs as well. Both Cheetah and the White Magician would be a part of an ongoing rivalry of acquiring ancient magical relics, which would put them into conflict with Wonder Woman, ARGUS and the Amazons. Villainy Inc would have been a group of villains for hire, hiring themselves out to other villains as muscle, distractions or mercenary operatives as needed. I also had an idea to bring back Eviless(although I like Saturna as a name more) as an intergalatic conqueror, who's actions are pushing a number of alien species towards earth. The one villain I didn't quite have a hook for was Dr. Psycho, which bugged me a bit, but alas, I was kinda blank there.

As for her supporting characters, I wanted to use ARGUS as a group who specializes with dealing with "dangerous meta-mystical objects." Etta would have ran the logistics and management of everything, with Steve Trevor as field commander. Helena Sandsmark would have been brought on as an expert consultant, replacing Barbara Minerva after she became Cheetah. ARGUS's mission statement would have them cross paths with Wonder Woman of course, but also the Amazons, who while having respect for them wouldn't always agree with them on the best course of action involving ancient relics. This would give Wonder Woman a chance to act as a go between the two. Also as part of the idea at the time, Zola and Hera were going to be Wonder Woman's friends as well, building off Azzarello's run. Might not work anymore. And or course, I'd like to reconnect Diana with her former sidekicks/allies, Donna and Cassie.

That's the gist of what I thought up. A bit dated, probably needs a bit more work, but I thought it had at least a few good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I would write out of continuity stories, because I'm an iconoclast and my take on Diana wouldn't be for the more established fans.

My first one would be a continuation of Azzarello's run (discounting the Finch) with an addition of the SM/WW stories. I would explore Diana's new standing as the Goddess of War, what it entails, how she can actually try to make the world a better place in spite of her new nature. I would probably make this very War God aspect her true enemy however, during the first part of the series, with her ending by realizing that she can't change human nature, which bring war to existence, but that she can still better it, and perhaps change the definition of war. I would probably pit her against Ursa/Faora quite a lot, because I find that both would be great opponents which would challenge the other in many ways beyond simply a brawl of epic proportions.

Another book would be The Hunt for Myrina Black, picking up from Darkseid War. Basically, Grail ends up admitting that she can't reform her father, alone tat is. And in her twisted mind, what she needs is a little motherly help. So she tried to breach into tartarus (where Myrina probably ended when she was killed by Grail herself). Obviously, it requires some pretty atrocious murders and other sacrifices to fuel the process, but it's nothing that Grail won't do to get her mother back. Obviously, DIana will pick up on her trail and try to stop her. The conflict would be both physical and moral : did Myrina's actions truly warranted eternal punishment in Tartarus ? Wasn't she simply a tool for the Old Gods to try and get ride of both Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor ?
    I hope Myrina's griffin found a good home. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    Okay, so I wanted to respond to this thread, because I actually thought about what I would do, if for some reason i was given the book. This was awhile back, so it's a bit outdated, but I had a couple of goals.

The main idea I had was to link a bunch of Diana's more science based foes into a group working in secret. I had originally envisioned using Baroness Paula Von Gunther as the leader, having taken control of the mostly unused organization SKULL. The group itself doesn't have much of a connection to Wonder Woman's mythos, but frankly it hasn't been used by anyone in forever, so I felt it would be fine. Nowadays, I suppose it would just be easier to use Godwatch, and replace Von Gunther with Cale. Anyway, she would have a science council, consisting of Dr Cyber, Dr Poison, and the Duke of Deception(who is secretly working with Ares, unknown of to the group). Each would head up a different division of the group, robotics/cybernetic warfare, chemical/biological warfare and psychological warfare respectively.

While that would have been the overarching villains group, I wanted to use other villains as well, in both short one and done arcs, and in longer overtime arcs as well. Both Cheetah and the White Magician would be a part of an ongoing rivalry of acquiring ancient magical relics, which would put them into conflict with Wonder Woman, ARGUS and the Amazons. Villainy Inc would have been a group of villains for hire, hiring themselves out to other villains as muscle, distractions or mercenary operatives as needed. I also had an idea to bring back Eviless(although I like Saturna as a name more) as an intergalatic conqueror, who's actions are pushing a number of alien species towards earth. The one villain I didn't quite have a hook for was Dr. Psycho, which bugged me a bit, but alas, I was kinda blank there.

As for her supporting characters, I wanted to use ARGUS as a group who specializes with dealing with "dangerous meta-mystical objects." Etta would have ran the logistics and management of everything, with Steve Trevor as field commander. Helena Sandsmark would have been brought on as an expert consultant, replacing Barbara Minerva after she became Cheetah. ARGUS's mission statement would have them cross paths with Wonder Woman of course, but also the Amazons, who while having respect for them wouldn't always agree with them on the best course of action involving ancient relics. This would give Wonder Woman a chance to act as a go between the two. Also as part of the idea at the time, Zola and Hera were going to be Wonder Woman's friends as well, building off Azzarello's run. Might not work anymore. And or course, I'd like to reconnect Diana with her former sidekicks/allies, Donna and Cassie.

That's the gist of what I thought up. A bit dated, probably needs a bit more work, but I thought it had at least a few good ideas.
    What's interesting for me is that your idea for A.R.G.U.S. is similar to one I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post

Some great ideas Shadoweyes - thanks for sharing.

Interesting that you brought up SKULL. I was just researching "evil cabals" in the DCU and came across them a couple weeks ago for the first time.

I'm with you on the Eviless front too. I'd like to see Diana's villains extend to the stars as well and I think Eviless as a character and leader has promise. I'm good with keeping Eviless and Saturna as separate characters, especially since Saturna has recently reemerged.