Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    We're in total agreement on keeping Steve busy-busy.

We'd see Steve leaving, a lot, in my comic. We would see joining the adventure, following Diana's lead and, when it's all over, ..leaving Diana and the Army behind him. We'd see Steve leaving the brownstone, the battlefield,...Diana's bedroom. [Woo'woo!] Sometimes, Diana, infuriated with something he's done, should kick him right out of the I-Jet..."Get out! Go!"

Bye-bye, Steve. Come back, when you're interesting, again!
    One flaw is that if Steve's use is dictated by the writer's needs there is no consistent characterisation for him he needs a better characterisation it's perfectly possible to give him stronger characterisation as the movie proved. And a writer may not use Steve at all.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Why do you dislike the clay origin that's the first time i ever heard anyone here at least say they do not like it.
    I don't feel like getting into that whole discussion again. My views on the matter are in most of the many, many Wonder Woman origin threads on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't feel like getting into that whole discussion again. My views on the matter are in most of the many, many Wonder Woman origin threads on this board.
    Fair enough.

Another thing I'd do for Wonder Woman is in her hero guise she is a diplomat her normal life when she uses her Diana Prince ID job is a nurse. Yes I decided to try to reconcile both ideas. And Steve and Oddfellows are her security as diplomatic events. They are there to make sure these events go off without a hitch. As Diana cannot act on her own when she is trying to get two disagreeing parties to make nice. And by then Diana and Steve would have overcome their rivalry and have mutual trust towards the other to do their required job and have become romantically involved. Nevertheless some moments of rivalry will remain in their dynamic only more friendly and flirtatious.

And in regards to Steve's personality he will be the more cynical kind of like in the Wonder Woman movie but not unwilling to believe in the fantastic since his job and the world he lives in requires him to believe in the fantastic. His cynicism will have come from having to stay one step ahead of his own bosses who he knows are corrupt and cannot entirely trust in resulting him being very cynical towards those with power even Diana. The only ones he trusts are those from the lower masses even the criminal element as he knows he has better chances of finding good men among them having actually befriended some who he recruited to be Oddfellow members. Steve also harbours some great guilt toward having to either sacrifice some members of the Oddfellows or failing to save lives. Due to this and her rivalry toward as well their contrasting views of the world he will come to blows with Diana over the nature of men as well trying to be merciful towards those she is willing to spare as well as how to deal with the unnatural. Overtime Steve will learn to trust Diana and become more open-minded but he keeps his guard up and sometimes keeps secrets even from Diana.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-22-2018 at 02:11 AM.

BANNED

Another thing I'd do for Wonder Woman is in her hero guise she is a diplomat her normal life when she uses her Diana Prince ID job is a nurse.
    Why a nurse and not a doctor?

Why a nurse and not a doctor?
    I just wanted to keep it in line with her original Golden Age occupation and try to update it instead of Army nurse she becomes a nurse at a local hospital besides being a nurse allows her more mobility.

Extraordinary Member

Tom Tresser.

'Nuff said.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

I just wanted to keep it in line with her original Golden Age occupation and try to update it instead of Army nurse she becomes a nurse at a local hospital besides being a nurse allows her more mobility.
    It doesn't really matter. Medical professions shouldn't be taken up by untrained amateurs who already are on call 24/7 for their real job.

Yes folks I'm here with yet another If You Wrote Comics thread. This time it's going to be the Amazing Amazon, the Daughter of Hippolyta, Wonder Woman as the subject. As always just imagine if DC gave you all full reign to do as you please with her. So be free to talk about your pitches on what you would do with her world, supporting cast members, and rogues gallery. But more importantly the plot directions on what you would do to give Wonder Woman herself new life as a character and undo any problems that hinder her. Have fun!
    I have some definite ideas for Wonder Woman, but first some questions:

1. what kind of leeway are we given in this challenge, i.e. What is off limits?

2. Is this idea that we take over the current title with little to no retcons?

3. Is this more like a 2018 version of a George Perez hard reboot for the main WW?

4. Is this an Elseworlds / Earth One alternate universe type deal where anything goes including writing her whole career from beginning to end?

I have something for each of those scenarios, but I'd like to have the point of the thread clarified a bit more first.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I have some definite ideas for Wonder Woman, but first some questions:

1. what kind of leeway are we given in this challenge, i.e. What is off limits?

2. Is this idea that we take over the current title with little to no retcons?

3. Is this more like a 2018 version of a George Perez hard reboot for the main WW?

4. Is this an Elseworlds / Earth One alternate universe type deal where anything goes including writing her whole career from beginning to end?

I have something for each of those scenarios, but I'd like to have the point of the thread clarified a bit more first.
    1. Generally nothing is off limits you are free to do anything you wish to Wonder Woman. The main challenge I present is try and find a new direction that would update Wonder Woman, her supporting cast, and villains for the current era.

2 & 3. The idea is that the readers basically takeover the main title and continuity and is at perfect liberty to perform anything from retcons to hard reboots.

4. It would be considered an Elseworld/Earth One thing anyway because nothing we write here may ever find it's way into the canon they will basically be our own ideas. So basically anything goes.

It doesn't really matter. Medical professions shouldn't be taken up by untrained amateurs who already are on call 24/7 for their real job.
    Hmm good point eh the nurse thing will go and the diplomat job will stay.

If I had control over the series:

• Wonder Woman as a character would be more free-spirited and a tad sassier. More akin to the fun-loving Marston version, though obviously she still feels an intense sense of duty to protect others.

• Artemis, Donna, and Cassie would all have more prevalent roles in the series, exploring their relationship with Diana. But I'd keep it so that Diana still can't return to Themyscira because I think that's an important plot point, so no Hippolyta, Philippus, or other Amazons sadly.

• No Jason. He'd realize he's not equipped for the hero life and go back to Greece.

• Steve would remain Steve, though by god he'd tone down the use of "angel". The Oddfellows would remain in the series as well with minor roles. They would NOT be able to defeat opponents like the Female Furies, though. I'd also introduce a few more male characters like Mike Schorr, Ed Indelicato, or Tom Tresser into the mix to give Diana more male characters to bounce off of and possibly have flirty interactions with.

• Etta would remain a large part of Diana's life, and though she has issues with how Diana handled the Cheetah situation, she'd be more akin to her Golden Age "WOO WOO!" version.

• Vanessa Kapatelis would begin recovering and become a major supporting character for Diana. It would also be revealed Julia's not actually dead, because that was stupid as hell.

• Ferdinand would also come back.

• I like the way Steve Orlando is bringing back Mayfly in what seems to be a reformed character arc, so I'd probably use her as a supporting "sidekick" type for Diana as long as she survives.

• The Invisible Jet would return.

• No more retconning of various stuff: sadly this means Diana would remain the child of Zeus, but he'd stay dead. Writers in the future post-Robinson need to just deal with what has happened in the Rebirth series instead of "reimagining" things that have already happened in the last two years.

• Athena and Aphrodite would play a larger role, sort of as the "angel and devil" on Diana's shoulders. Athena is complete strategy and logic and what's best for the overall population while Aphrodite is all about love and compassion and what's best for each individual person.

• Cheetah would obviously appear with deep resentment towards Diana for allowing her to become a monster (her willingness to blame others for her own mistakes is one of Barbara Ann's most relatable flaws IMO). She'd be on a mission to kill the Olympian Gods as that's what she vowed to do at the end of Rucka's run.

• I'd bring back Queen Clea who also wants to kill the gods and take their place (my favorite aspect of Azzarello's run was whoever killed one of the gods ended up replacing them). She's one of the few of Diana's rogues that can match her physically so she'd be perfect as a "big bad" type. She'd also recruit others for a revamped Villainy Inc. (Zara, Blue Snowman, Saturna, Giganta, Doctor Poison, and maybe newcomer Doctor Cyber). Anglette is out, as she was such an absurd creation to begin with. Veronica Cale would appear infrequently because I think she's already been established as a major force for Rebirth WW.

• Circe would also be a "big bad." Ares would remain content in his tree. Doctor Psycho would probably pop up again since he was last seen with Vanessa. Angle Man would usurp Anglette.

• Other random villains I'd love to see return at various points: Sharkeeta, Decay, Osira, Medusa, and Echidna.

• The focus would, and should, always be on the relationships between women and Diana's interactions with them. Obviously male characters would be in it (Steve, Ferdy, the Oddfellows) but the themes would almost always be about female empowerment, feminism, and the roles women play in society/comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

• Wonder Woman as a character would be more free-spirited and a tad sassier. More akin to the fun-loving Marston version, though obviously she still feels an intense sense of duty to protect others.

• Artemis, Donna, and Cassie would all have more prevalent roles in the series, exploring their relationship with Diana. But I'd keep it so that Diana still can't return to Themyscira because I think that's an important plot point, so no Hippolyta, Philippus, or other Amazons sadly.

• No Jason. He'd realize he's not equipped for the hero life and go back to Greece.

• Steve would remain Steve, though by god he'd tone down the use of "angel". The Oddfellows would remain in the series as well with minor roles. They would NOT be able to defeat opponents like the Female Furies, though. I'd also introduce a few more male characters like Mike Schorr, Ed Indelicato, or Tom Tresser into the mix to give Diana more male characters to bounce off of and possibly have flirty interactions with.

• Etta would remain a large part of Diana's life, and though she has issues with how Diana handled the Cheetah situation, she'd be more akin to her Golden Age "WOO WOO!" version.

• Vanessa Kapatelis would begin recovering and become a major supporting character for Diana. It would also be revealed Julia's not actually dead, because that was stupid as hell.

• I like the way Steve Orlando is bringing back Mayfly in what seems to be a reformed character arc, so I'd probably use her as a supporting "sidekick" type for Diana as long as she survives.

• No more retconning of various stuff: sadly this means Diana would remain the child of Zeus, but he'd stay dead. Writers in the future post-Robinson need to just deal with what has happened in the Rebirth series instead of "reimagining" things that have already happened in the last two years.

• Athena and Aphrodite would play a larger role, sort of as the "angel and devil" on Diana's shoulders. Athena is complete strategy and logic and what's best for the overall population while Aphrodite is all about love and compassion and what's best for each individual person.

• Cheetah would obviously appear with deep resentment towards Diana for allowing her to become a monster (her willingness to blame others for her own mistakes is one of Barbara Ann's most relatable flaws IMO). She'd be on a mission to kill the Olympian Gods as that's what she vowed to do at the end of Rucka's run.

• I'd bring back Queen Clea who also wants to kill the gods and take their place (my favorite aspect of Azzarello's run was whoever killed one of the gods ended up replacing them). She's one of the few of Diana's rogues that can match her physically so she'd be perfect as a "big bad" type. She'd also recruit others for a revamped Villainy Inc. (Zara, Blue Snowman, Saturna, Giganta, Doctor Poison, and maybe newcomer Doctor Cyber). Anglette is out, as she was such an absurd creation to begin with. Veronica Cale would appear infrequently because I think she's already been established as a major force for Rebirth WW.

• Circe would also be a "big bad." Ares would remain content in his tree. Doctor Psycho would probably pop up again since he was last seen with Vanessa. Angle Man would usurp Anglette.

• Other random villains I'd love to see return at various points: Sharkeeta, Decay, Osira, Medusa, and Echidna.

• The focus would, and should, always be on the relationships between women and Diana's interactions with them. Obviously male characters would be in it (Steve, Ferdy, the Oddfellows) but the themes would almost always be about female empowerment, feminism, and the roles women play in society/comic books.
    I'm fine with Diana being a demigoddess it makes her more unique an anomaly really. And the idea that Wonder Woman acting more like her Golden Age self can work for my one any way. But in what way would Circe be a big bad? Why does she want to cause Diana grief?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-22-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I would read this

I'm fine with Diana being a demigoddess it makes her more unique an anomaly really. And the idea that Wonder Woman acting more like her Golden Age self can work for my one any way. But in what way would Circe be a big bad? Why does she want to cause Diana grief?
    How? other demigods exist in the DCU. If anything the clay origin made her more of an anomaly.