Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Hopefully the next team is good. Gotta cross my fingers apparently.

Interested to see who the new team will be. A lot of the titles are switching teams now, someone new will be on Hal & Pals as well.

"New Pantheon?" We never even really saw the old one back .

Orlando's story sounds interesting and I'm definitely curious to see who the new creative team is, who I assume we'll learn about soon .

Just so long as its not going back to an old well (Jimenez being the only exception) I'm down with pretty much anyone.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I don't see Orlando as anything better. His JLA is terrible and his Supergirl is boring. We'll see...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I don't see Orlando as anything better. His JLA is terrible and his Supergirl is boring. We'll see...
    Well good news, he's only doing a few issues.

Definitely curious who this big team will be. Ben Percy said the same thing about the people taking over green arrow after him and it ended up just being the Benson sisters, not that iconic of a team.

Excited for Transformation Island to be a thing again! Also nice to see another former Wondy villain in Mayfly.

PS: Hope Mala the Amazon is re-established as the warden of TI.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 04-16-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Count me disappointed in Robinson. I was hoping we'd get big, strong stories for Giganta and a new Villainy Inc. comprised of Anglette, Blue Snowman, Zara, and some others. Instead, we get more gods. Liam Sharp just introduced a bunch of gods in The Brave & the Bold and now we get even more in Diana's solo book. After taking on Darkseid(yet another god), Diana desperately needs some variety in her adversaries.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The solicit for 51 has me more excited than anything from Robinson's run. It's apparent Orlando has a great love for Diana's history so I think it would be nice if he did the ocassional guest spot here and there to flesh out her world.

While I liked the idea of incorporating the New Gods into Diana's world, the execution was boring. Hopefully this new pantheon will be a jumping off point for the next writer to do more interesting work.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Well good news, he's only doing a few issues.

Definitely curious who this big team will be. Ben Percy said the same thing about the people taking over green arrow after him and it ended up just being the Benson sisters, not that iconic of a team.
    Are they the new team? I thought they were just filler. Oh well I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Count me disappointed in Robinson. I was hoping we'd get big, strong stories for Giganta and a new Villainy Inc. comprised of Anglette, Blue Snowman, Zara, and some others. Instead, we get more gods. Liam Sharp just introduced a bunch of gods in The Brave & the Bold and now we get even more in Diana's solo book. After taking on Darkseid(yet another god), Diana desperately needs some variety in her adversaries.
    I feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It sure looks that way!

Diana riding a horse winged or otherwise is always welcome, though I hope she can still fly. The Dark Gods look interesting and it appears Darkseid has Olympian influence. I think Jason's purpose is to be a bridge between pantheons. The extra giant-size issue sounds like good ending point that should have happened sooner.

Orlando's story is definitely worth looking forward to, it could spin in so many directions.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 04-16-2018 at 09:47 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I wish Joelle Jones would draw for Wonder Woman she looked very beautiful and elegant even majestic when she appeared in Batman.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Glad that's over with. The designs of the new pantheon are pretty cool though, but it seems pointless to introduce them as the run is ending. Unless they are more editorially mandated Geoff Johns creations that will be popping up again? At the very least, they look more interesting than Grail*, and I guess we kind of have to hope the next writer will utilize them so we get some consistency.

I like Orlando a lot, I wouldn't mind him being the regular writer at all. I loved his Midnighter and Supergirl series, and the worst thing he's written so far is JLA, which is at worst just okay instead of abysmally bad. Ah well. If given a choice between him and Seeley I'd pick Seeley, so now we have a chance of him getting the job. I don't think the Green Lanterns fans would be bothered by him leaving, and I'd welcome him over here with open arms.

*I usually like the majority of Johns' creations, but Grail is a misfire.
    If Johns was handling Grail I think she would have come out a lot better because usually and I repeat usually creators know how to get their own characters right.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I'm glad that Robinson run is ending, which is sad considering that it was the one reigniting my interest in the WW book after Rucka almsot destroyed any goodwill or care I had for Diana (I was at a point where I hoped that the book would tank so much that the series would be cancelled for a time. That's how much I hate his run), mainly because I had great expectations from grail. Sadly, it seems that either Robinson or Johns himself failed to realize what awesome potential she has (had?) and took her in a 180° compared to where she ended in Darkseid War's ending. It's a shame really, because she could have been made into one of the most compelling opponent of Diana, IMHO. Now, she'll have to be shelved for some times and taken to a whole other direction than Daddy's slave if there is any hope for her.