Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Pretty much, Darkseid is showing up in JLO and Mr Miracle but no Grail. The experiment has flopped.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Diana riding a horse winged or otherwise is always welcome, though I hope she can still fly. The Dark Gods look interesting and it appears Darkseid has Olympian influence. I think Jason's purpose is to be a bridge between pantheons. The extra giant-size issue sounds like good ending point that should have happened sooner.

Orlando's story is definitely worth looking forward to, it could spin in so many directions.
    This is what I am always afraid of, especially with new writers. We have Diana on a Pegasus even though she is supposed to fly and can fly faster and is probably way more maneuverable in the air than the Pegasus can be. So why is she on one? Is she gonna lose the ability to fly, make her more like her movie version? I know for some people on this board that would be the 'bee's knees', her inability to fly, but it could be an excuse for DC to somehow make her more like the DCEU version.

What is she gonna do in combat when the flyer's she faces either keep a distance or run away or she has to go great distances to get into action? Is she gonna have a whistle to call the Pegasus, wait for her, then once she gets on slowly get to her destination? That is, of course, the Pegasus doesn't magically travel the same speed as Superman or other flyers do!

I hope she can still fly with the new creative team, but I won't be surprised if she doesn't. I mean, this is the same person that would rather fight the Furies than get the information right away with the lasso, a plan that backfired on her with Darkseid coming in.

BANNED

Riding a Pegasus gives me a She-Ra Princess of Power vibe

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    This is what I am always afraid of, especially with new writers. We have Diana on a Pegasus even though she is supposed to fly and can fly faster and is probably way more maneuverable in the air than the Pegasus can be. So why is she on one? Is she gonna lose the ability to fly, make her more like her movie version? I know for some people on this board that would be the 'bee's knees', her inability to fly, but it could be an excuse for DC to somehow make her more like the DCEU version.

What is she gonna do in combat when the flyer's she faces either keep a distance or run away or she has to go great distances to get into action? Is she gonna have a whistle to call the Pegasus, wait for her, then once she gets on slowly get to her destination? That is, of course, the Pegasus doesn't magically travel the same speed as Superman or other flyers do!

I hope she can still fly with the new creative team, but I won't be surprised if she doesn't. I mean, this is the same person that would rather fight the Furies than get the information right away with the lasso, a plan that backfired on her with Darkseid coming in.
    Uh as bad as Robinson's run was he pretty much used all of Wonder Woman's powers and just didn't use the ones he had no use for like her ability to talk to animals I think you're blowing this out of proportion. Besides that pegasus could be the same one Grail was forced to let go and I always suspected it would be an important plot point.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-17-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Uh as bad as Robinson's run was he pretty much used all of Wonder Woman's powers and just didn't use the ones he had no use for like her ability to talk to animals I think you're blowing this out of proportion. Besides that pegasus could be the same one Grail was forced to let go and I always suspected it would be an important plot point.
    She used all her powers? Like her lasso on the Furies? You really think Robinson has Diana's voice? Isn't his series more focused on Jason than on Diana?

She used all her powers? Like her lasso on the Furies? You really think Robinson has Diana's voice? Isn't his series more focused on Jason than on Diana?
    I'm not saying he was bang on in his handling of her I'm saying it's not like he took away all her powers or even the lasso for that matter.

If that's indeed the case I'll drop the book. The DCEU version of Wonder Woman is extremely under-powered for my tastes.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was cautiously optimistic that Robinson would make a long overdue return to form with his Wonder Woman run, but was utterly disappointed by it. I don't know how much was mandated by Johns & Editorial, but it certainly didn't add anything of value. His Steve Trevor did nothing to distinguish himself, Jason is a bore, and Grail & Darkseid are just about the dullest I have ever seen them portrayed. Worst of all, Diana herself continues to be one of the biggest icons at DC who consistently gets the least compelling writing.

People think Superman is tough to write, Wonder Woman makes Superman look easy.

Crossing my fingers that DC finally cracks the code and finds a creative team that can actually take advantage of the buzz from Gal Gadot's re-energizing of the character's popular appeal. I want to see stories worthy of Wonder Woman.

I hope you're right.

Animal empathy is one of my favorite of Wonder Woman's powers because it's so underutilized. There are many instances when it could be useful (like when she got the male Cheetah's location from a random panther in the jungle) but it remains off the table.

I also miss the boomerang tiara toss. Some call it corny, but it wasn't when it made Superman bleed in Sacrifice.

It's funny how both are powers the tv show Wonder Woman had, but neither appear to be possessed by her DCEU counterpart. If her lack of flying ability is based on that earlier depiction, those powers should remain, if that's true.

I hope you're right.

Animal empathy is one of my favorite of Wonder Woman's powers because it's so underutilized. There are many instances when it could be useful (like when she got the male Cheetah's location from a random panther in the jungle) but it remains off the table.

I also miss the boomerang tiara toss. Some call it corny, but it wasn't when it made Superman bleed in Sacrifice.

It's funny how both are powers the tv show Wonder Woman had, but neither appear to be possessed by her DCEU counterpart. If her lack of flying ability is based on that earlier depiction, those powers should remain, if that's true.
    For all we know the animal empathy thing could essential here in the possible pegasus plot point and it would be how Robinson intends to close his run considering what is happening. In the earlier depictions the tiara gave her telepathy but it sounds hokey today and in it's own way undermines the existence of the lasso.

I'm not saying he was bang on in his handling of her I'm saying it's not like he took away all her powers or even the lasso for that matter.
    Yes but he missed three prime opportunities to use the lasso, first on Silver Swan to dispel her insanity or find out the secrets of her transformation, then on Jason when he returned with his new armor and amnesia and again to find out Darkseid's plans from the Furies. We also can't forget how Grail was able to escape the lasso due to her Amazon/New God heritage. That shouldn't have happened, especially when it's been used on other Amazons as well as Fourth World denizens before with expected results.

My faith in Robinson's writing has been shattered, it's sad to watch the once mighty fall.

For all we know the animal empathy thing could essential here in the possible pegasus plot point and it would be how Robinson intends to close his run considering what is happening. In the earlier depictions the tiara gave her telepathy but it sounds hokey today and in it's own way undermines the existence of the lasso.
    In stories I read the tiara didn't give her telepathy, the Mental Radio did. The tiara's star was just the socket it was plugged into.

Incredible Member

I think largo161 was right; the cover is an homage to the cover of Golden Age Wonder Woman #1. I don't think this cover is enough evidence to think Diana won't be able to fly anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I think largo161 was right; the cover is an homage to the cover of Golden Age Wonder Woman #1. I don't think this cover is enough evidence to think Diana won't be able to fly anymore.
    Of course it doesn't covers tend to lie a lot.

In stories I read the tiara didn't give her telepathy, the Mental Radio did. The tiara's star was just the socket it was plugged into.
    That was in the Golden Age right? Still to bring back that ability would make the lasso redundant.