Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That was in the Golden Age right? Still to bring back that ability would make the lasso redundant.
    Did I miss something? (Since I’m not reading the book, I may very well have.) What does the lasso have to do with communicating with others telepathically?
    Last edited by Largo161; 04-17-2018 at 11:29 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Did I miss something? (Since I’m not reading by the book, I may very well have.) What does the lasso have to do with communicating with others telepathically?
    The lasso allows Diana to know secrets to give her telepathy like in the Golden Age would make learning secrets a whole lot easier since a lot her enemies do not have shields against telepathy. So tlepathy would make the lasso unnecessary.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

The lasso allows Diana to know secrets to give her telepathy like in the Golden Age would make learning secrets a whole lot easier since a lot her enemies do not have shields against telepathy. So tlepathy would make the lasso unnecessary.
    But the mental radio was just a wireless phone. I could be mistaken, but I don’t recall her being able to read minds with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    But the mental radio was just a wireless phone. I could be mistaken, but I don’t recall her being able to read minds with it.
    I see my mistake but if the mental radio was brought back it would need to be updated to sound less ridiculous for the modern era. You can't say it only allows telepathic communication but doesn't allow her to read minds it sounds ridiculous.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Of course it doesn't covers tend to lie a lot.
    I know covers can be misleading or plainly doesn't show up in the actual issue, but I can imagine a scenario where Wondy doesn't fly like in the DCEU.

Even though she had a highly profitable and the best of the DCEU movies by a wide margin, she still got shafted and depowered. Even with her popularity being at an all time high, we get lazy writers like Robinson writing her voice and a lack of other media with Wondy being center picture in them. Where is her animated cartoon, movies and 2nd and 3rd titles?

So yes, even though covers lie all the time, and with her getting nearly killed by a bullet, I do think the higher powers in the DC universe really don't know what to do with Wonder Woman.

Thank god we have Superman and Batgod (as sarcastic as can be heard through my words.)

The mental radio is simply a radio for communication. The silver age made Diana have a communicator inside her bracelet in the silver age. They had some look like iPads for the amazons. Mental radio is all about how the amazons has limited telepathy powers to communicate

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I know covers can be misleading or plainly doesn't show up in the actual issue, but I can imagine a scenario where Wondy doesn't fly like in the DCEU.

Even though she had a highly profitable and the best of the DCEU movies by a wide margin, she still got shafted and depowered. Even with her popularity being at an all time high, we get lazy writers like Robinson writing her voice and a lack of other media with Wondy being center picture in them. Where is her animated cartoon, movies and 2nd and 3rd titles?

So yes, even though covers lie all the time, and with her getting nearly killed by a bullet, I do think the higher powers in the DC universe really don't know what to do with Wonder Woman.

Thank god we have Superman and Batgod (as sarcastic as can be heard through my words.)
    Yes I understand it's sad for all her fans that Wonder Woman isn't exactly being treated right but however movie popularity doesn't always equal high comic sales look at Black Panther. His movie went well but it's still not helping things with his comic. For now it seems like they want to restore some of the old stuff based on Transformation Island's return and maybe allow Diana to return to Themyscira again based on the Robinson run. For now all I can say is be patient and hope whoever it is that will replace Orlando later will do better and like Shea Fontana was really all that interesting. Her story was very lackluster and had little emotional stakes. But with the creative shake up happening and the fact she's going to lead the Justice League Dark that could hopefully mean good things are afoot. Besides if you read some of No Justice I doubt Diana will be depowered in such a way.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-17-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The mental radio is simply a radio for communication. The silver age made Diana have a communicator inside her bracelet in the silver age. They had some look like iPads for the amazons. Mental radio is all about how the amazons has limited telepathy powers to communicate
    I see well if it ever returned make sure it becomes the bracelet communicator.

Hopefully the new creative team will give Diana a personal life this time! And great sense of fashion.

Fantastic Member

oh to dream of Snyder coming on board but with his upcoming justice league I know it's a pipe dream. But his wonder woman has been amazing....

Wasn't DC supposed to hire Jonathan Hickman? I love is work, I'd be so happy if he could write Wonder Woman. What do you guys think?

He was close to coming over, but he ended up re-upping with Marvel. The rumor is he wanted Legion but its still on hold due to Doomsday Clock so he stuck with Marvel.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    Wasn't DC supposed to hire Jonathan Hickman? I love is work, I'd be so happy if he could write Wonder Woman. What do you guys think?
    Hickman confirmed that he never signed on to work for DC.

Ok, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Hopefully the new creative team will give Diana a personal life this time! And great sense of fashion.
    I dream of Kevin Wada designing Diana's civilian clothes.