Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I know people here are angry that Robinson fumbled with handling Wonder Woman and her supporting cast but I am a believer of giving credit where credit is. Due To start at least Robinson didn't flat out ignore what Rucka established from the beginning and I would say he adhered to it more strongly than Fontana and unlike her he didn't simply make new villains. His portrayal of Veronica Cale was far more villainous even Rucka's which was so sympathetic I found myself wondering why are you still a villain woman? He brought back Doctor Psycho which opens the door to more interesting stories at least.. And despite doing little with them he at least bothered to update Blue Snowman and Zara. And say while his treatment of Vanessa Kapatelis and Julia is hated however I see no point in Julia existing when Helena Sandsmark pretty much plays a similar role and thanks to Cassie's role as Wonder Girl she feels more relevant that Julia. And on the bright side there is enough elbow room to re-establish the friendship between Vanessa and Diana they just need to show it not tell it to give it more weight. All that he did to majority of Diana's villains is obviously a rare occurrence and we should be grateful for that.
    You say he didn't ignore what Rucka did and at the same time point out his version of Cale is far from Rucka's. And Julia and Helena are not the same character. Further, he could have kept the Kapatellis out of this as he didn't do their characters any favours.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You say he didn't ignore what Rucka did and at the same time point out his version of Cale is far from Rucka's. And Julia and Helena are not the same character. Further, he could have kept the Kapatellis out of this as he didn't do their characters any favours.
    I considered Robinson's portrayal of Cale more sensible for someone still wanting to be a villain than Rucka's because once Rucka's Truth story ended I felt like Cale didn't have any reason to be a villain any longer. Robinson proved me wrong. Julia and Helena are not the same character but their roles look almost the same. With Vanessa being more distinct thanks to her status as the new Silver Swan and she has been mixed together with Helen Alexandros.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-28-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I considered Robinson's portrayal of Cale more sensible for someone still wanting to be a villain than Rucka's because once Rucka's Truth story ended I felt like Cale didn't have any reason to be a villain any longer. Robinson proved me wrong. Julia and Helena are not the same character but their roles look almost the same.
    Robinson didn't even acknowledge the reason why Cale would still be a villain. He just made her a moustache twirling corrupt executive out for money with none of the nuance Rucka gave her.

Helena and Julia do not play the same role. The former was just Cassie's mother. The latter was a mother figure to Diana while she was adjusting to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Robinson didn't even acknowledge the reason why Cale would still be a villain. He just made her a moustache twirling corrupt executive out for money with none of the nuance Rucka gave her.

Helena and Julia do not play the same role. The former was just Cassie's mother. The latter was a mother figure to Diana while she was adjusting to the outside world.
    I thought Robinson did when he had Cale mention how upset she still was over the loss of her daughter? Really the weird part is that the Sandsmarks at least in terms of design look similar to the Kaptelis's. But anything you say.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-28-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Robinson did have Cale mention that she was still pissed about losing her daughter (understandably, even if she's taking it out on the wrong people), but she mentioned it a the very end of the scene so it was pretty much an afterthought. I think Rucka could have written that scene far better.

I am glad he included Cale just to remind everyone she was still around, and her expanding Godwatch to be a modernized Villainy Inc to further her revenge is a terrific idea, I just hope the next creative team picks up on it and executes it far better than Robinson could.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Robinson did have Cale mention that she was still pissed about losing her daughter (understandably, even if she's taking it out on the wrong people), but she mentioned it a the very end of the scene so it was pretty much an afterthought. I think Rucka could have written that scene far better.

I am glad he included Cale just to remind everyone she was still around, and her expanding Godwatch to be a modernized Villainy Inc to further her revenge is a terrific idea, I just hope the next creative team picks up on it and executes it far better than Robinson could.
    That's another thing that Robinson did right to a degree even if the original founder Queen Clea is missing probably still tied up by Geoff Johns Rise of the Seven Seas but if it did come out Clea would be the first Wonder Woman villain to be more than just a name people know about. Which is more than I can say for Cheetah, Ares and Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Boomerang Tiara first apperance on Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman
    I wonder if that's where the Sailor Moon mangaka got the idea from then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I remember when she used it in Justice Leauge I thought it was great
    Yes. She used her tiara on Justice Lords Wonder Woman. Batman used his batarangs so many times on the Justice League animated series but Wonder Woman only use her tiara one time. 😡