Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was expecting Dick to take up the cowl for Bruce's honeymoon, but I had lost hopes for it after I saw King was using Dick in the upcoming arc. Cool to see.

However, the fact that Batman #51 ties to Batgirl #25 which ties to Nightwing #46 which is the middle of an arc might get messy.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I was expecting Dick to take up the cowl for Bruce's honeymoon, but I had lost hopes for it after I saw King was using Dick in the upcoming arc. Cool to see.

However, the fact that Batman #51 ties to Batgirl #25 which ties to Nightwing #46 which is the middle of an arc might get messy.
    Maybe, but nice to see them actually tied together for once.

So, now Mairghread Scott is going to be writing an arc for Batgirl?

Have we heard what's going on with Hope Larson and/or who's going to be writing Batgirl "regularly" at some point?

(All this rotating-writers crap is making me very tempted to just drop this title as well. )

Mighty Member

Damn, 3 issues with Dick. Yay for stories but RIP my wallet.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm getting all of those except Harley Quinn and Mother Panic.

Of the TPBs, I'm getting Batman by Doug Moench and Kelley Jones vol 2
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Catwoman
    Batman
    Batman Beyond
    Detective Comics
    RHATO
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Definitely interested to check out Catwoman. More casually, but interested. And the Jones vs. Artgerm cover internal debate will be strong!

Batman's art team is my biggest draw for Batman 51 - I really love Lee Weeks' art, so to see him on Batman again is very exciting.
    Agreed. I love Lee Week's art too. Great to see him doing Batman
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Batman as usual looks interesting, especially with Dick!Bats and Mr. Freeze, and Catwoman's new ongoing will be worth checking out.

Everything else (besides Mother Panic, which is it's own thing really) looks pretty ho-hum.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Wonder if Catwoman will have less of a role in batman now that she has her own book.

Thoughts:

- I wonder if Dick is filling in for Bruce because of the Honeymoon or because Bruce is stuck with jury duty. Also, bringing up "excessive force" in regards to Batman feels very White Knight-esque. I also think it's weird for Freeze to rely on any defense that isn't build around "Batman stopped me from saving my cryogenically frozen wife." It's not like he's Penguin where he'd take such an issue with getting the tar kicked out of him.

- They're making a pretty big deal about Batgirl reaching 25 issues (which I guess would be 77 issues if we count Babs' last run). Can't say I care for more DickxBabs drama, although it sounds pretty definitive going by the solicits for Batgirl's appearance in Nightwing. I think Scott will be a step up from Larson on a writing front at least. My biggest takeaway is Paul Dini coming in to write a story, which should be pretty awesome .

- I'm kind of surprised they haven't played more with Batwoman and Renee's relationship/dynamic aside from early 'Tec. I'm equally as surprised that this will probably be Renee's first appearance in a while.

- Well, it's not the first time Harley's dealt with the Furies and the New Gods, so I guess I can't hold that against the book...and she does fill out that costume nicely .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ... They're making a pretty big deal about Batgirl reaching 25 issues (which I guess would be 77 issues if we count Babs' last run). Can't say I care for more DickxBabs drama, although it sounds pretty definitive going by the solicits for Batgirl's appearance in Nightwing. I think Scott will be a step up from Larson on a writing front at least.
    But is Scott only doing the one arc? Who'll be writing Batgirl after that?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They not tired of writing these love relationship stories for Batgirl? Wasn't this already explored with Dick?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But is Scott only doing the one arc? Who'll be writing Batgirl after that?
    Batgirl needs a shakeup pretty desperately. I doubt that Scott is the shakeup that will do it. It sounds like they're trying to figure out what to do with her and giving Scott an arc until they get a more prominent writer.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They not tired of writing these love relationship stories for Batgirl? Wasn't this already explored with Dick?
    Numerous times and across multiple continuities .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I'm kind of surprised they haven't played more with Batwoman and Renee's relationship/dynamic aside from early 'Tec. I'm equally as surprised that this will probably be Renee's first appearance in a while.
    I'm a little glad they haven't been doing that, since it probably could've easily felt like trying to immediately right the wrong done with Kate and Maggie. I still wish Renee would've been around more, but this has allowed things to breathe a bit before anything rekindles between them, if it even does.

Switching gears to Batman #51: I seem to recall that Victor worked for Wayne Enterprises. Is that still a thing?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)