Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

CATWOMAN #1 - I'm definitely intrigued. Tend to pick up like half of Catwoman's solos depending on the stories and creative teams. This seems very interesting so far.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #1 - Wonder Woman + Zatanna = I'm picking it up.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #1 - My number one pull for the month. Oh man Sejic's art is so gorgeous. And Jess is on the team!
    BATMAN #50/51 - I for one am excited by the idea of a married bat, hope it sticks for a while. Plus Dick Bat is back???
    AQUAMAN #38 - I've loved this story arc so much. But kind of glad it's ending before it overstays its welcome.
    THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #6 - Sounds like an appropriately epic ending
    DETECTIVE COMICS #984/5 - Pretty stoked to try out Hill and see how his Outsiders is going to feel
    THE FLASH #50/51 - unsure how I feel about Zoom having speedforce powers. I still feel like I know nothing about this arc, which could make it fun when it comes out.
    GREEN LANTERNS #50/51 - Wheuuuu it's not cancelled. Wheuuuu Seeley is gone. Here's hoping the confession to Simon wasn't romantic.
    THE IMMORTAL MEN #4 - I'm all in on this series after the first issue
    MERA, QUEEN OF ATLANTIS #6 - Sad to see it end. Hopefully she gets another series soon.
    SIDEWAYS #6 - Dang sounds like things are about to get intense.
    THE UNEXPECTED #2 - If issue 1 is good I'll still be here. Sounds like it will tie into Metal quite a lot.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Amazing Member

Okay.... Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else sort of disturbed by the number of series that are still in the single digits for issue numbers.

I mean, I admit it, I'm getting old, but it seems to me that a lot of the series I read as a kid, way back in the late 60's and 70's, were well into the triple digits for issue numbers (over 200, 300 issues, some up in the 400's etc.). Most series seemed to have this degree of longevity. Now, I know nowadays, it's more likely to cancel a series and restart it with new numbering, but going through this list, it seemed like a huge percent are all relatively new series (and even some of the ones that have been around longer are still up only in the 30's and 40's).

I don't know... Maybe it's just the way things are done now, but I kind of miss the sense of permanence you would feel with higher issues numbers (but then again, I am getting old, and it's probably just me).

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    Okay.... Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else sort of disturbed by the number of series that are still in the single digits for issue numbers.

I mean, I admit it, I'm getting old, but it seems to me that a lot of the series I read as a kid, way back in the late 60's and 70's, were well into the triple digits for issue numbers (over 200, 300 issues, some up in the 400's etc.). Most series seemed to have this degree of longevity. Now, I know nowadays, it's more likely to cancel a series and restart it with new numbering, but going through this list, it seemed like a huge percent are all relatively new series (and even some of the ones that have been around longer are still up only in the 30's and 40's).

I don't know... Maybe it's just the way things are done now, but I kind of miss the sense of permanence you would feel with higher issues numbers (but then again, I am getting old, and it's probably just me).
    I for one am actually surprised that DC did not use the direction changes and shakeup of the Titans and Teen Titans teams to relaunch with new #1s.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'll be getting:
    Green Arrow #42
    Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #48 and 49
    Nightwing #46
    Red Hood and The Outlaws #24
    The Terrifics #6
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I for one am actually surprised that DC did not use the direction changes and shakeup of the Titans and Teen Titans teams to relaunch with new #1s.
    I'm glad they didn't. I'm tired of seeing a shiny new #1 every time something changes in a book. It's one thing when they do it for a book that hasn't been around for awhile, such as the new Catwoman book or when a book is completely new, like Sideways but I feel it's really unnecessary for a book that only gone for a month, like Teen Titans. Marvel has completely soured me on the idea by blatantly over-using it for the sales bump.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-16-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

shade, the changing woman #5
    aquaman #38
    mera, queen of atlantis #6 - I'm so bummed that this is the final issue.
    catwoman #1
    batman #50 & 51
    mister miracle #10

I may check out Superman and Action Comics, I haven't been able to get through a Superman comic in a few years. Here's hoping!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-16-2018 at 11:32 PM.

How would I forgot Mister Miracle in my pull list...
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Fantastic Member

This is a very exciting month and a lot to buy, I'm up for

Catwoman
    Justice league odsessy - mostly intrigued by this.
    Justice league dark
    Justice league
    Superman
    Action comics
    Batman
    Redhood and the outlaws - the only continuous issue that still look forward to.
    Nightwing
    Titans - just to see if this new direction is promising
    Teen titans - the same as the titans
    Hal Jordan and the green lantern corps
    Mera
    Mr miracle
    Injustice 2
    Aquaman

BANNED

The ones not covered in the Bat boards

Mr Miracle 10
    Maybe Unexpected
    Injustice 2

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Dan Jurgens on Green Lanterns it's very interesting, maybe he could light in me the spark that i cannot have for Cruz & Baz.

Dick as Batman again, should stay forever
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 04-17-2018 at 02:10 AM.

For me

- JL Odyssey - Jess Cruz and Cyborg on the same team again will be fine
    - Batman 51 - Just to see DickBats
    - Batgirl - ANother Dick/Babs issue. idk why I bother though
    - Batman Beyond - Melanie Walker is aalways cool.
    - Justice League - JOhn Stewart
    - Nightwing - Babs/Dick issue
    - Red Hood
    - Scooby Apocalypse - Only if Fred is somewhat there...even if he is apparently dead

Batman
    Nightwing
    Red Hood
    Tec
    The Flash
    Hal Jordan (If this is Hal, the GLC and all their Enemies from Venditti’s Run on GL and GLC then I’m hoping Black Hand returns)
    Deathstroke
    Green Arrow
    Justice League
    Justice League Odyssey
    Justice League Dark
    Titans
    Terrifics
    Suicide Squad
    Immortal Men (Only for Batman who Laughs)
    Doomsday Clock
    Maybe Teen Titans, Raven and Cyborg

Superman books.... Bendis has AC #1000 tomorrow to convince me its worth it
    Last edited by Denirac; 04-17-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Teen Titans.. The new start
    Superman-AC 1001.. Ok, for now, all seems interesting..
    Justice Leagues... I am interested in all.. However, maybe characters like Chimp and Man-Bat will be my reason for leave JL Dark in a few months..
    Aquaman and Mera.
    Deathstroke.. Finally Damian is here.
    Green Lanterns
    Red Hood Outlaws. Poor Bizarro.
    Sideways
    Catwoman.. I promised that I will see this, despite she is not the same catwoman without ties of the past..
    Wonderwoman.. I like the cover and that pantheon of gods
    Nightwing(maybe)

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Never been more distant from Justice League titles... I'll skip it all.

Doomsday Clock - most waited one

Batman - Batrimony & DickBats
    Nightwing
    Catwoman
    RATO
    Hal Jordan & the GLC
    Green Lanterns
    - Maybe Jurgens can make me feel something about Cruz & Baz.
    The Flash - Just to Know where this Flash war is going for Wally.
    Green Arrow
    Teen Titans
    Titans
    Plastic Man

Maybe
    Superman books
    Batgirl
    Batwoman
    Tec
    - I don't know if I can bear Duke.

BANNED

Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Mother Panic
    some Wedding extras
    Definatly Masters of the Universe versus Injustice. I want to see He-Man punching Superman in he face again.