Default Should Whirlwind, Silas King, Skein, Nekra and Mandrill....

...Have more prominent roles in the X-Men corner of the Marvel Universe?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

And why you say that? Any specific reason?

Nekra was there during the Utopia era though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    ...Have more prominent roles in the X-Men corner of the Marvel Universe?
    Yes along with Lightbright (Obax Majid). Nuklo (Robert Frank, Jr.), Topspin (Darren Mitchell), Poltergeist (Mickey Silk), Ricochet (Johnny Gallo), Quagmire (Jerome Myers), Dead Ringer (Lou Dexter), Portal (Charles Little Sky), Base (Hiro Sokuto), Jolt (Kyi), Lighttrakker (Rebecca Littlehale), Darkling (Henrique Gallante), Puff Adder (Gordon Fraley), Gibbon (Martin Blank), Typhoid Mary (Mary Walker), Radiance (Ryoko Sabuki), Justice (Vance Astrovik), Death Reaper, Marvel Boy (David Bank), Burn (Bethany Bellamy), Raptor (Gary Wilton, Jr.), Jade Dragon (Dei Guan), Manifold (Eden Fesi) and Robin Vega http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/vegarobinspdrmn.htm. Let see some new heroes & villains mixing in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Yes along with Lightbright (Obax Majid). Nuklo (Robert Frank, Jr.), Topspin (Darren Mitchell), Poltergeist (Mickey Silk), Ricochet (Johnny Gallo), Quagmire (Jerome Myers), Dead Ringer (Lou Dexter), Portal (Charles Little Sky), Base (Hiro Sokuto), Jolt (Kyi), Lighttrakker (Rebecca Littlehale), Darkling (Henrique Gallante), Puff Adder (Gordon Fraley), Gibbon (Martin Blank), Typhoid Mary (Mary Walker), Radiance (Ryoko Sabuki), Justice (Vance Astrovik), Death Reaper, Marvel Boy (David Bank), Burn (Bethany Bellamy), Raptor (Gary Wilton, Jr.), Jade Dragon (Dei Guan), Manifold (Eden Fesi) and Robin Vega http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/vegarobinspdrmn.htm. Let see some new heroes & villains mixing in.

I agree with you
    I love the D List mutants, everybody argues about rosters, but I wish we had a real D-List mutant book like Tieri's Weapon X (Garrison Kane, Maverick, Wild Child, Scalphunter, Aurora, Marrow, Mesmero, Chamber, Sauron etc) it managed to sell well for 30 issues.

I also want to see the non xmen mutants like Justice, Ricochet or Mentallo in X-Men books. The only Alpha Flight mutant getting used right now is Jeffries (by Bendis in his last issues of Ironman, I hope he doesnt get killed). Aurora, Northstar, Purple Woman are limboed. Wild Child is assumed to be death unless his healing factor could survive being thrown into molten steel, and Wind Shear had Leukemia in 2014 (and was depowered).

edit: the pictura isn't from Tieri's Weapon X, it's from Hulk Broken World. I just posted it for the D List team. This reminds me that the old Scalphunter was abandoned in a hospital by Magneto, with his arms and legs cut and cauterized, the other Marauders were killed, and Magneto made new clones that obey him instead of Sinister. These Magneto loving Marauders are in limbo.
    Last edited by lurkerforyears; 04-15-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    And why you say that? Any specific reason?

Nekra was there during the Utopia era though.
    There are many cool mutants not recognized by writers. Instead of creating so many new, they should refresh older characters.

I love your list. Especially Lightbright & Poltergeist. They should have been on X team by now.

It is crazy Vance Astrovic hasn't been on the X-Men by now.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 04-16-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

There are many cool mutants not recognized by writers. Instead of creating so many new, they should refresh older characters.

I love your list. Especially Lightbright & Poltergeist. They should have been on X team by now.

It is crazy Vance Astrovic hasn't been on the X-Men by now.
    especially since he has not had a good career with the Avengers
    I think Hellion having exactly the same power as him may be blocking him from the xmen

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    especially since he has not had a good career with the Avengers
    I think Hellion having exactly the same power as him may be blocking him from the xmen
    Their powers are similar but not exact, and Justice's are stronger.

Who? 10char

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

In my opinion, it would lessen their appeal if they were to be affiliated with the mutants.

Ultimate Member

Ooh, so many characters I'd either forgotten or never knew about!

Of that list, I'd love to see more of Portal (Charles Little Sky) and Ricochet (Johnny Gallo).

Alpha Flight had a few fun mutants, of which I particularly liked Diamond Lil and Windshear (bother either dead or depowered, AFAIK). Manikin (Whitman Knapp), Pathway (Laura Dean) and her sister Goblyn were also interesting, as were the short-lived 'Secret Warriors' Malcolm and Jennifer Monroe (children of Flashback/Gardner Monroe).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, so many characters I'd either forgotten or never knew about!

Of that list, I'd love to see more of Portal (Charles Little Sky) and Ricochet (Johnny Gallo).

Alpha Flight had a few fun mutants, of which I particularly liked Diamond Lil and Windshear (bother either dead or depowered, AFAIK). Manikin (Whitman Knapp), Pathway (Laura Dean) and her sister Goblyn were also interesting, as were the short-lived 'Secret Warriors' Malcolm and Jennifer Monroe (children of Flashback/Gardner Monroe).
    I agree would love to see more of the Alpha Flight mutants especially Gobly, Pathway and Manikin while you at it throw in Purple Woman and Feedback as well. I loved Malcolm and Jennifer Monroe in Secret Warriors and was to see them killed off. Windshear is still alive but depowered and now goes by the costume identity of Chinook and is dying with cancer i believe.

As much as I’d like to see Sybil Dvorak on an X-Team, I think should would also make a great member of the Hellfire Club.

I agree would love to see more of the Alpha Flight mutants especially Gobly, Pathway and Manikin while you at it throw in Purple Woman and Feedback as well. I loved Malcolm and Jennifer Monroe in Secret Warriors and was to see them killed off. Windshear is still alive but depowered and now goes by the costume identity of Chinook and is dying with cancer i believe.
    It’s a shame that Beta Flight team is mostly forgotten. I thought the Flashback Siblings were cool too.

Astonishing Member

Their powers are similar but not exact, and Justice's are stronger.
    Hellion's powers received quite a big power buff in the Legacy books. He can make his telekinesis phase through people and objects (he destroyed Karima-Omega Sentinel with a telekinetic blast that phased through Hope Summers and some girl, without hurting them), and he has very fine control over it, being able to play ping pong against himself with his robot hands thanks to the years of experience in the force warriors of Age of X (he didnt lose the abilities he developed in that fake reality)

I think Vance Astrovik should be able to breath in space, or at least keep his body working (heart pumping, brain, blood, muscles) through telekinesis, kind of like imitating breathing without breathing. He has Astro in his name and an alternative reality Guardians of the Galaxy cosmic hero.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Hellion's powers received quite a big power buff in the Legacy books. He can make his telekinesis phase through people and objects (he destroyed Karima-Omega Sentinel with a telekinetic blast that phased through Hope Summers and some girl, without hurting them), and he has very fine control over it, being able to play ping pong against himself with his robot hands thanks to the years of experience in the force warriors of Age of X (he didnt lose the abilities he developed in that fake reality)

I think Vance Astrovik should be able to breath in space, or at least keep his body working (heart pumping, brain, blood, muscles) through telekinesis, kind of like imitating breathing without breathing. He has Astro in his name and an alternative reality Guardians of the Galaxy cosmic hero.
    Is the Forever Yesterday saga the only time wev'e seen Vance with the X-Men?