Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Yeah, but still, Sinister doesn't have the showings to compete with some of the telepaths left off that list. Gamesmaster would have still been around at that time as well as Selene. Gamesmaster is definitely stronger than Sinister as Gamemaster once mentally enslaved an entire town in the 90s. Selene was able to effortlessly best Rachel 3 times in psychic combat and only loses to Rachel when she has the PF propping her up. Not to mention how Selene was shown to be able to overpower Dani as well psychically with little effort (Dani can get to Selene, however, if she gets the drop on the Black Queen). I think those feats are more impressive than Sinister's. He literally has nothing to back up Exodus's claim.
    I'm just stating what was stated in X-Men 206 he did dispose of Nate Grey very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Yeah, but still, Sinister doesn't have the showings to compete with some of the telepaths left off that list. Gamesmaster would have still been around at that time as well as Selene. Gamesmaster is definitely stronger than Sinister as Gamemaster once mentally enslaved an entire town in the 90s. Selene was able to effortlessly best Rachel 3 times in psychic combat and only loses to Rachel when she has the PF propping her up. Not to mention how Selene was shown to be able to overpower Dani as well psychically with little effort (Dani can get to Selene, however, if she gets the drop on the Black Queen). I think those feats are more impressive than Sinister's. He literally has nothing to back up Exodus's claim.
    I think that was a bad line by Carey. We've never seen Sinister block telepaths/psychics like that on such a grand scale. Which in and of itself isn't necessarily an automatic means to discount it, but Sinister's track record with TP is just not impressive enough to warrant such a claim imo. I could easily think of 5 more powerful and skilled TP's than Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You're using vague terms like could have. There was no indication that it had. And a long span of time passed when he encountered Cyclops. That was right after he got up he had an entire 6 issue Sinsiter arc inbetween. And again no indication that he was hindered skill wise even a little. Also no indication that he ever got all his memories back anyway. If he had been hindered even a little but it would have been mentioned in the story.
    Sorry, I'm not trying to use vague terminology...I'm just pointing out that this is a Xavier without full memoeies and maybe lacking some skill.

If this fight would have taken place before the shot to the head, I would concede the point but this is not a 100% Professor X .
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-17-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sorry, I'm not trying to use vague terminology...I'm just pointing out that this is a Xavier without full memoeies and maybe lacking some skill.

If this fight would have taken place before the shoot to the head, I would concede the point but this is not a 100% Professor X, Emma Fought against.
    Like I said, I just don't think this "fight" is a good barometer. We need to see these two go head to head with no tricks and both at their peak.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

If this fight would have taken place before the shoot to the head, I would concede the point but this is not a 100% Professor X .
    At the end of the day my point is there was never any indication in the story. Nor was there any indication that he got all his memories back. Emma connected some pieces not all. And then it was forgotten about. So by that logic what you're saying is Xavier lost some of his "skill" forever. Regardless there was another instance of her blocking him in WWH and that was when his powers were stated to have been much stronger.

Incredible Member

It was never shown that they had that equipment on them as they left the armored ones with all that equipment in the ice cream shop. That's built into the armor
    Not sure what you mean by that sentence. The ambushes at the Dazzler's club and the ice cream shop were well-planned with each Hellfire goon equipped to handle a specific X-Man. Xavier's capture was off-panel and I'm simply saying it would make more sense for a similar attack instead of mental fight between Charles and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that sentence. The ambushes at the Dazzler's club and the ice cream shop were well-planned with each Hellfire goon equipped to handle a specific X-Man. Xavier's capture was off-panel and I'm simply saying it would make more sense for a similar attack instead of mental fight between Charles and Emma.
    Yeah but those goons were wearing armour the soldiers that accompanied Emma had none of that. She blew those other minions with the armor up because it turned out they weren't equipped to fight the X-Men which is why she stepped in. Of course it is left up to the imagination so she could have simply knocked on the door and tricked him into a van

At the end of the day my point is there was never any indication in the story. Nor was there any indication that he got all his memories back. Emma connected some pieces not all. And then it was forgotten about. So by that logic what you're saying is Xavier lost some of his "skill" forever. Regardless there was another instance of her blocking him in WWH and that was when his powers were stated to have been much stronger.
    Dude, I'm cool with Emma doing that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Yeah but those goons were wearing armour the soldiers that accompanied Emma had none of that. She blew those other minions with the armor up because it turned out they weren't equipped to fight the X-Men which is why she stepped in. Of course it is left up to the imagination so she could have simply knocked on the door and tricked him into a van
    Emma blew up the minions that attacked Storm, Wolverine and Colossus. They failed to anticipate the X-Men would use teamwork and Emma stepped in to mind-blast the X-Men. The attack on Cyclops and Phoenix happened later after the first group of X-Men and Xavier had been captured so it's possible the scrambler was used on Xavier and then planned for Jean later (assuming there's only one scrambler armor) but again since it was off-panel, we'll never really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I love that mutants are a part of these videos now, but they should get people who know the characters to produce them lol.

Most of the video talked about TK, rather than TO.

Also, the creators think Teen Jean is Rachel which is doubly funny.
    The Teen Jean/Rachel thing made me snicker too. Perhaps they will deage Rachel when teen Jean leaves. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/