Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He knocked X-Man out telepathically after Nate got his telepathy back.
    So he sucker punched a teenager, big deal. He’s like 200 years old and still can’t beat Emma Frost in a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    So he sucker punched a teenager, big deal. He’s like 200 years old and still can’t beat Emma Frost in a fair fight.
    He didn't sucker punch him. Confronted him head on. This is around the same time Nate smacked Jean down. Emma did better. She also punked Nate but that was when he had his telepathy but did not realize he had it and was using it subconsciously.

And blocked Sinister, Exodus and lady Mastermind the from a sofa halfway across the world

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Iīd rank Jean and Emma higher than Xavier... Emma has confronted Charles that we know of twice: Once when the first met (that was off panel and Charles ended sedated and under her control) and then when she clearly mop the floor with him though he claimed his mind was stronger... and that was astral Emma... I also find Exodus should be there and ranking quite high.. same for Sinister and Kid Omega and the Cuckoos. Moondrago deserves a place as well... With TP it is always tricky as it goes down to what the writer wants .. and it makes sense.. , it is more skill than pure raw power... Betsy clearly bested the Shadow King for instance and Emma bested Rachel..
    Never happened. Psylocke sucker punched Shadow King while he was expending all of his power mind-controlling billions of minds. The story clearly made it known that she was nothing compared to him in a fight. Xavier is the only telepath that has been shown to be strong enough to even think about challenging SK.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Never happened. Psylocke sucker punched Shadow King while he was expending all of his power mind-controlling billions of minds. The story clearly made it known that she was nothing compared to him in a fight. Xavier is the only telepath that has been shown to be strong enough to even think about challenging SK.
    Think hes talking about Remenders run

I don't think that was stated as hours to install fail safes.

He's talking about the first encounter it's off panel. Frost kidnapped Xavier.

Anyway she blocked him in WWH and that was after he stated his powers were boosted after getting them back from the M'Kraan Crystal. It doesn't mean she's stronger but she rivals him. And it was actually stated that she rivals him in the front of the issue on the recap page.
    I've always agreed that she is at or just a little bit lower than him, but I don't think there is any compelling enough evidence to say she's stronger.

BANNED

Think hes talking about Remenders run
    If Remender wrote that, then its PIS. We also saw in Nightcrawler's solo where Psylocke stated that even her power combined with Bloody Bess's telepathy would be no match for the Shadow King. Not only that, but SK has feats that Betsy can't hope to compete with.

If Remender wrote that, then its PIS. We also saw in Nightcrawler's solo where Psylocke stated that even her power combined with Bloody Bess's telepathy would be no match for the Shadow King. Not only that, but SK has feats that Betsy can't hope to compete with.
    Yep I remember that. Although I think she beat him in remembers run if I'm not mistaken.

BANNED

Okay, you guys, let's talk Xavier feats:

X-Men #90: Xavier is on Skrullworld and Galactus is in space on his ship. Xavier projects his astral form from planetside to Galactus who is in space:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/NhSlE6rAhD4...QtilMD5Q=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/xULEBCUPWYB...ZVls7lVQ=s1600

Note in the second scan how it states there are 8 billion skrulls on the planet. Now, after establishing contact with Galactus despite the distance, Xavier channels all of the feelings of every Skrull on the planet to Galactus. So, he connects with all 8 billion minds scattered across the globe and shows Galactus their collective thoughts and feelings:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ci8FWW2fHyG...wOVFSn6A=s1600

Then we have the X-Men #78 where Shadow King mind controls 5 billion minds on Earth and he states that Xavier was his only threat:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/hQigr8g9Ibt...qXiY7PpB=s1600

This indicates that Xavier is in the same powerclass as Shadow King and could likely do the same thing.

Then we have the Xavier vs. Dark Phoenix fight where he battles DP on all the infinite planes of existence at the same time in Uncanny X-Men #136:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/aeyTNlfAxI5...1O8sGjVM=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/qoUhcIMZFw-...UBG88Syu=s1600

Xavier is due some respect.

Chamber doesn't need to breathe soooooooo
    GrindrStone(D)

Lol. C'mon people. This video has Jeen's pictures for Rachel and Dazzler for Emma. No need to take it so seriously.

Incredible Member

Eh...The fact that Bogan and Moondragon especially weren't on this list, makes it an auto-fail. Franklin isn't at the level to be on such a list and Purple man isn't even a telepath.

I say we do our own list as I'm curious what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I don't recall the first Xavier vs Emma thing you are talking about but you are grossly misinterpreting your second encounter you mentioned. Emma used Scott's connection to Xavier to slip into his mind undetected and spent hours installing failsafes so she could do what she did to him. Not something she would have to do if she was way stronger than him. Besides, she even said it was dumb for him to even risk fighting her cause it could damage his mindscape. None of that should be used to try to say Emma is stronger than Xavier. He did not even try to resist. You might as well say Lady Mastermind is a stronger TP than Emma if you try to use the logic you are using since she got the drop on her.
    For illustration purposes:

Emma gets Charles and she has him sedated. It happens off panel we only get to see Charles sedated. How he ended up there is open to speculation but at the least she was able to mask herself/her minions to render him helpless

And for the second case. No, I am sorry but I donīt agree. With TP this kind of behaviour is what gives the triumph. Both are omega TPs so it goes down on how cleverly you use your gifts. Charles thought he could sneak in Scottīs mind undetected.. thinking he was more powerful/skilled than Emma. That was arrogant of him and it was his loss. Of course someone like Emma noticed and prepared. Then it was all downhill for Charles. He was lucky she actually is an X Man at her heart and not the evil White Queen up to her nose in booze and drugs of the old HFC times.

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

yes of course Bogan is missing too! and Selene (and I always thought they were one and the same....)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Yep I remember that. Although I think she beat him in remembers run if I'm not mistaken.
    So, SK got PIS'd for Psylocke, a telepath that has nowhere near the power or skill to even slow him down. It gets to where there is no point to comics when crap like this happens. I mean, how can Marvel create a bonafide threat to the X-Men when all past canon is ignored so that instances like Shadow King losing to a telepath far below his powergrade gets published? With Xavier gone, Shadow King should be a horror for the X-Men to fight. He is a psionic being that exists on the Astral Plane. While somebody like Storm could keep him out of her head, she has no real way to defeat him with her physical powerset and neither do the other X-Men with physical-based powers. To boot, he is more powerful than the X-Men telepaths. There was a story where he dwarfed the combined power of Xavier and Jean Grey. Well, Marvel is always putting out crap nowadays that don't make sense and it has been going on for years. This is why comicbook sales keep tanking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    For illustration purposes:

Emma gets Charles and she has him sedated. It happens off panel we only get to see Charles sedated. How he ended up there is open to speculation but at the least she was able to mask herself/her minions to render him helpless

And for the second case. No, I am sorry but I donīt agree. With TP this kind of behaviour is what gives the triumph. Both are omega TPs so it goes down on how cleverly you use your gifts. Charles thought he could sneak in Scottīs mind undetected.. thinking he was more powerful/skilled than Emma. That was arrogant of him and it was his loss. Of course someone like Emma noticed and prepared. Then it was all downhill for Charles. He was lucky she actually is an X Man at her heart and not the evil White Queen up to her nose in booze and drugs of the old HFC times.

Emma has some mad power and skills to be able to pull this on Xavier. While I maintain that Xavier is undoubtably a more powerful telepath than Emma, I think she rivals him in skill. From day 1, she was always portrayed as this big master telepath. To be able to worm her way into Xavier's subconscious unnoticed like this and pull all of this on him only bolsters my respect for her. I recall in the "Onslaught" story arc where Jean Grey tried to sneak around in Onslaught's mind while he was talking to the X-Men. Not only was she found out, but she failed miserably as she hit barriers she could not figure out how to get through. On top of this, this is when Onslaught did not even have full control of Xavier's powers yet and before he acquired the powers of X-Man or Franklin.

Well, I already posted my top 10 list, and I will do so again now:

This list is ridiculous!

Legion should be number 1. Didn't he put an entire universe in a box?

Shadow King should be number 2.

Xavier should be number 3 contested only by Bogan and Cassie Nova (assuming she doesn't get PIS'd to prop up Jean over in Red)

So that takes care of 4 and 5 as well because of Bogan and Nova.

Shaman X-Man should be number 6

Emma Frost should be number 7

Moondragon should be number 8

Exodus should be number 9

Jean can be number 10.

That said, situations like Selene pose a problem. She has the ability to boost her power levels by draining the life force of others, so its not as if she has a set power level. Aruguably, she could be placed somewhere on this list because of this factor.

Franklin's ability to control reality should not put him on this list as that's something different from telepathy.