Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I don't know what Carey was thinking with that Sinister thing. Sinister does not have the feats to be in any kind of top 5 TP list. Was he basing it on the fact that Siniister stole Xavier's genetic potential or whatnot from back in the day? I can't really remember. Isn't that why Miss Sinister was a strong TP cause she had Xavier's genome? I'm not really sure cause I started checking out a bit during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Where was Sinister ranked in Carey's run? As a matter of fact, how times have Sinister fought someone telepathically?

When you come upon a flashing yellow light do you automatically know what to do or do you have to think about what the proper thing to do in that situation? Skill level is connected to memories.
    In X-Men 200/201 when Exodus attacked Kitty and read her mind and saw her memories seamlessly put back together. Xavier Jean Exodus Emma and Sinsiter were ranked as the only telepaths in the world capable of such a feat.

Anyway like I said he didn't have any issue walking talking using the bathroom. And that was never what was portrayed in Legacy. He had no issue accessing or using his powers. And even when Emma gave him back his memory of Moira he didn't some how end up more skilled. He necer had a skill deficit or difficulty using his powers he knew how to shut down Exodus powers without having to think how. Same with his fight against Sinister knew exactly what to do in that astral fight

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I don't know what Carey was thinking with that Sinister thing. Sinister does not have the feats to be in any kind of top 5 TP list. Was he basing it on the fact that Siniister stole Xavier's genetic potential or whatnot from back in the day? I can't really remember. Isn't that why Miss Sinister was a strong TP cause she had Xavier's genome? I'm not really sure cause I started checking out a bit during that time.
    Right. The only person I can really remember him beating was Psylocke and that was in the 80s.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Right. The only person I can really remember him beating was Psylocke and that was in the 80s.
    Nate Grey, and then apparently been blocking Xavier's powers Everytime the X-Men fought him according to Messiah Complex and then I'm pretty sure he has been one step ahead of Charles cause of his telepathy in Excalibur v 3 in one of those flashbacks
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-17-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Chamber doesn't have a mouth and has canonically kissed more girls than you.
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

She might not have fought Xavier at all...if you read the issue just before the X-Men are captured, You will see that the Hellfire Club had specially designed armor suits to counter all the X-Men's powers. As a matter of fact, Emma talks about how the HellFire Club study the X-men and knew the best way to defeat them.
    There's a high probability they never fought a all. The Hellfire Club's hack of the X-Mansion's computers allowed them to prepare specific weapons to defeat each X-Man. They had a brain-scrambler specifically tuned to Jean's brain frequency so it only makes sense to have another device tuned for Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    There's a high probability they never fought a all. The Hellfire Club's hack of the X-Mansion's computers allowed them to prepare specific weapons to defeat each X-Man. They had a brain-scrambler specifically tuned to Jean's brain frequency so it only makes sense to have another device tuned for Xavier.
    The mind trap device wasn't specifically in tuned to the Phoenix it was also a unique device. And that took a year to ensnare her. Also those particular Hellfire Goons were not equipped to take on a telepath. They only had protection from Emma which the Phoenix . Id imagine what happened was Emma blocked Xavier and they punched him in the face

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nate Grey, and then apparently been blocking Xavier's powers Everytime the X-Men fought him according to Messiah Complex and then I'm pretty sure he has been one step ahead of Charles cause of his telepathy in Excalibur v 3 in one of those flashbacks
    Wait a sec, I'm not understanding this. Are you saying that Sinister blocked Xavier everytime the X-Men fought him? I'm trying to follow this conversation. Here is the thing with Sinister vs. Xavier: Do you recall the x-title written by Claremont, I believe, in the first decade of the 2000s where Xavier had a team on the ruins of Genosha? He was talking to Callisto and told her that he could at any moment, even right then, scan for Sinister and kill him with his telepathy, but he doesn't because of morals or something. Sinister simply doesn't have the feats to back Exodus's claim about his powers and I feel there are plenty of other telepaths who are much stronger than he. Heck, I think Selene is a more impressive telepath than Sinister with more impressive showings than what he has. I was going to also attack the list for Jean being on it, but at the time she died, she was boosted by the PF making her the White Phoenix of the Crown, so she would definitely be on the list because of the PF boost.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Wait a sec, I'm not understanding this. Are you saying that Sinister blocked Xavier everytime the X-Men fought him? I'm trying to follow this conversation. Here is the thing with Sinister vs. Xavier: Do you recall the x-title written by Claremont, I believe, in the first decade of the 2000s where Xavier had a team on the ruins of Genosha? He was talking to Callisto and told her that he could at any moment, even right then, scan for Sinister and kill him with his telepathy, but he doesn't because of morals or something. Sinister simply doesn't have the feats to back Exodus's claim and I feel there are plenty of other telepaths who are much stronger than he. Heck, I think Selene is a more impressive telepath than Sinister with more impressive showings than what he has. I was going to also attack the list for Jean being on it, but at the time she died, she was boosted by the PF making her the White Phoenix of the Crown, so she would definitely be on the list because of the PF boost.
    It was stated by Cyclops in X-Men v2 206. Emma cutting Lady Mastermind, Exodus and Sinsiter off from their powers was apparently a Sinister trick that they stole

In X-Men 200/201 when Exodus attacked Kitty and read her mind and saw her memories seamlessly put back together. Xavier Jean Exodus Emma and Sinsiter were ranked as the only telepaths in the world capable of such a feat.
    That's more a sign of skill level, then power.

Anyway like I said he didn't have any issue walking talking using the bathroom. And that was never what was portrayed in Legacy. He had no issue accessing or using his powers. And even when Emma gave him back his memory of Moira he didn't somehow to end up more skilled. He necer had a skill deficit or difficulty using his powers he knew how to shut down Exodus powers without having to think how. Same with his fight against Sinister knew exactly what to do in that astral fight
    Again, I didn't say all his memories were gone. He is still a powerful telepath and apparently, Exodus made sure basic thing like walking and talking were made fully functional when he repaired his mind.

But skills he learned as a teacher of telepaths and things he learned in telepathic combat could have been lost when Exodus repaired his brain.

Case in point, while he knew Amelia, he had no memories of her and their connection.
    RCO019_1464695060.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-17-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Again, I didn't say all his memories were gone. He is still a powerful telepath and apparently, Exodus made sure basic thing like walking and talking were made fully functional when he repaired his mind.

But skills he learned as a teacher of telepaths and things he learned in telepathic combat could have been lost when Exodus repaired his brain.

Case in point, while he knew Amelia, he had no memories of her and their connection.
    RCO019_1464695060.jpg
    You're using vague terms like could have. There was no indication that it had. And a long span of time passed when he encountered Cyclops. That was right after he got up he had an entire 6 issue Sinsiter arc inbetween. And again no indication that he was hindered skill wise even a little. Also no indication that he ever got all his memories back anyway. If he had been hindered even a little but it would have been mentioned in the story.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-17-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Incredible Member

The mind trap device wasn't specifically in tuned to the Phoenix it was also a unique device. And that took a year to ensnare her. Also those particular Hellfire Goons were not equipped to take on a telepath. They only had protection from Emma which the Phoenix . Id imagine what happened was Emma blocked Xavier and they punched him in the face
    Nope, not talking about the device Mastermind used.
    C and P.jpg

BANNED

It was stated by Cyclops in X-Men v2 206. Emma cutting Lady Mastermind, Exodus and Sinsiter off from their powers was apparently a Sinister trick that they stole
    Yeah, but still, Sinister doesn't have the showings to compete with some of the telepaths left off that list. Gamesmaster would have still been around at that time as well as Selene. Gamesmaster is definitely stronger than Sinister as Gamemaster once mentally enslaved an entire town in the 90s. Selene was able to effortlessly best Rachel 3 times in psychic combat and only loses to Rachel when she has the PF propping her up. Not to mention how Selene was shown to be able to overpower Dani as well psychically with little effort (Dani can get to Selene, however, if she gets the drop on the Black Queen). I think those feats are more impressive than Sinister's. He literally has nothing to back up Exodus's claim.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Nope, not talking about the device Mastermind used.
    C and P.jpg
    It was never shown that they had that equipment on them as they left the armored ones with all that equipment in the ice cream shop. That's built into the armor