Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Was a little yellow fella named Telepath part of this team?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Was a little yellow fella named Telepath part of this team?
    Yes.10 char

This was my favorite series for quite a bit I still just call it L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 and ignore the other years titles. Although I read the whole thing originally you only need the first 50. Comixology finally added all of the series and I happily gobbled up two issues a week until issue 50 then dead stop. Waid on DC books is poison to me.

I picked up the Kyle Rayner Green Lantern book in the $5 sale late last year. REBELS issue one was by Pyer and it was Terrible as well. Talk about getting Vril Dox completely wrong, wow. Stealth felt completely wrong as well.

I have never read the run by Bedard but I did read the first issue and it felt like the run would be more decompressed written for trade story telling I dislike.

I'd recommend the first 50 to anyone.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I have never read the run by Bedard but I did read the first issue and it felt like the run would be more decompressed written for trade story telling I dislike.
    I really liked the 2009 REBELS series by Bedard. There were so many cool call backs to the first two series. I really liked that they aged up Lryl Dox to really amp up the family drama between him and his dad (and his grandfather in one excellent two parter). They also gave us a ton of cosmic character guest stars. Lobo, the Omega Men, Adam Strange, Starro, Starfire, Captain Comet, Despero, Brainiac, and the Green Lantern Corps. It is well worth reading.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 04-26-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really liked the 2009 REBELS series by Bedard. There were so many cool call backs to the first two series. I really liked that they aged up Lryl Dox to really amp up the family drama between him and his dad (and his grandfather in one excellent two parter). They also gave us a ton of cosmic character guest stars. Lobo, the Omega Men, Adam Strange, Starro, Starfire, Captain Comet, Despero, Brainiac, and the Green Lantern Corps. It is well worth reading.

I think I'm gonna reread this series.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I would've loved REBELS... if I had known it existed at the time.
    I had dropped out of the space stuff because of 52, and wasn't watching DC as much when it came out.

52 was a killer for me, because there was no way of knowing which issues to pick up just to follow Animal-Man, Starfire and Adam Strange. And I wasn't interested enough in the other stories to warrant buying every issue each week for a chance one page appearance.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

I'd recommend the first 50 to anyone.
    Me too.

Not sure which enemy I liked the most. Ignea was pretty good but I wouldn't call her a major threat. I guess The Computer Tyrants would probably be their ultimate villain.

Extraordinary Member

I am as well! I was just saying he needs a reboot (or relaunch). Glad to see that he appears pretty much the same and that his uniform indicates perhaps most of his history has also remained intact.

Spectacular Member

It's a shame that last R.E.B.E.L.S. trade was cancelled.

Extraordinary Member

DC really needs to do an omnibus of this series or at least some trades

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    It's a shame that last R.E.B.E.L.S. trade was cancelled.
    Yeah, that really irked me.

Peace

Vril Dox is one of the best DC characters that no one knows about. Love this series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    So what is the status of Vril Dox 2.0?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Yesssss. I wish DC had an editor who had a clear vision for their cosmic titles. I’d love to see them utilize books like LEGION, LoSH, Darkstars, Omega Men, a Hawkworld title, an Adam Strange book, and the Green Lantern books. Build some Annihilation type events around them. Keep it to one or two writers, to keep it from getting too convoluted.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com