Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
It was a great book all the way up through #50. Keith Giffen, Alan Grant, and Barry Kitson were superb.

I do think they made a big mistake in killing off one of the main characters (I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it). I know they were clearing the way for a relative to become the better hero, but the writers did too good of a job with the original IMO.
Yes, it was great, but there was a distinct drop in quality after Grant, Kitson and Co. left. I also didn't care much for R.E.B.E.L.S. vol.01. But I did like Berdard's more recent version. It wasn't quite as great as the original Grant, Giffen and Kitson's run, but it was still, IMHO, enjoyable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
So you weren't a fan of the '94 stories?

I loved this series as well; it needs to be collected!!! 4-5 chunky trades ought to do it.
I second this. Make it happen DC.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I'm currently re-reading the series but am only 8 or so issues in. Vril is an all-time favorite character of mine and I fondly remember the "days" when he, Amanda Waller, Max Lord and even General Eiling (from the Captain Atom series) were such a major part of the DCU.
I also enjoyed those more layered and ambiguous characters from the late 80's, early 90's. They need to be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
I liked L.E.G.I.O.N.
Ahhh... the days when there was more to DC Space than just the Lantern Corps...
Yes. I liked what Jim Starlin was doing with DC cosmic heroes before the New 52 erased it all. DC should try something in this mold again.

Peace