Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Any L.E.G.I.O.N. 89 - 93 fans?

Vril Dox, Lyrissa Mallor, Strata, Stealth, Garryn & Marij'n Bek, Lobo, Phase, Garv, Telepath, Lady Quark, Captain Comet

One of my favorite books at the time. Dox was an amazing character and very unpredictable. Nice dynamics between the characters.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This was one of the best series DC was putting out at the time hands done. Vril Dox has always been one of the most interesting characters DC has with him trying to not turn out like his "father" Brainiac, but still falling into the dark side in dealing with people. Being a huge Legion of Superheroes fan all the ties L.E.G.I.O.N. had to the LSH just made me love it even more.

Giffen in his prime really sold this title to me. It had a wonderful mix of humor and seriousness. And dark humor.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

love me some Kitson and Vril Dox, my favorite post 93 sighting was win Dox joined the Sinestro Corp for a second. He would be that officer in the Sin Corp always looking for a chance to take it over. I would really like to see the L.E.G.I.O.N. addressed more and have more crossover/conflicts with the GLC as a rival peace keeping force. I also always wondered if there was a connection between Stealth and Arisia since they share a very similar look.

Extraordinary Member

It was a great book all the way up through #50. Keith Giffen, Alan Grant, and Barry Kitson were superb.

I do think they made a big mistake in killing off one of the main characters (I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it). I know they were clearing the way for a relative to become the better hero, but the writers did too good of a job with the original IMO.
    Last edited by caj; 04-18-2018 at 12:32 PM.

The one I really miss is Vril Dox jr. He was the Amanda Waller of Space. And green. A moral grey individual who could sacrifice his son or innocent lives if he could save the universe and punish the guilty. By any morally questioning method possible. Machiavelli would be proud.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

So you weren't a fan of the '94 stories?

I loved this series as well; it needs to be collected!!! 4-5 chunky trades ought to do it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I agree it needs to be collected in trade. I didn't like R.E.B.E.L.S. as much even though it finished the series. I felt DC made a mistake by calling it R.E.B.E.L.S. when they brought it back right before the NU52 relaunch.

Spectacular Member

I loved that series. I would love for this to be collected, and for a new series as part of Rebirth universe.

I just started reading it recently. I'm not very far into it at all, but I love it so far!

My real reason for starting it was part of my ongoing obsession but very limited knowledge regarding Legion of Super-Heroes history, and in particular Mon-El. I wanted to map out how Lar Gand worked post-Crisis. It turns out Dox is a super awesome and highly overlooked character, and easily my favorite part of the book, now I'm started on it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I'm currently re-reading the series but am only 8 or so issues in. Vril is an all-time favorite character of mine and I fondly remember the "days" when he, Amanda Waller, Max Lord and even General Eiling (from the Captain Atom series) were such a major part of the DCU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I just started reading it recently. I'm not very far into it at all, but I love it so far!

My real reason for starting it was part of my ongoing obsession but very limited knowledge regarding Legion of Super-Heroes history, and in particular Mon-El. I wanted to map out how Lar Gand worked post-Crisis. It turns out Dox is a super awesome and highly overlooked character, and easily my favorite part of the book, now I'm started on it.
    I promise you're going to love it. Kitson takes a break for about 9 or 10 issues then comes back somewhere in the late 20 issues. His art keeps getting better and better. Giffen laid down an incredible 12 issues that the book continues to build on as it goes forward.

Seeing this topic makes me want to re read it now. I loved how it laid the groundwork for some of the Legion stuff, I loved Stealth. It made sense for Mon El to show up, it was great seeing stuff like the origin of Pulsar Stargrave. Overall an awesome series.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The one I really miss is Vril Dox jr. He was the Amanda Waller of Space. And green. A moral grey individual who could sacrifice his son or innocent lives if he could save the universe and punish the guilty. By any morally questioning method possible. Machiavelli would be proud.
    This basically sums up what I was going to say. Vril Dox needs a reboot - he was a great character.

I liked L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Ahhh... the days when there was more to DC Space than just the Lantern Corps...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.