Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I’m surprise the writer of The Terrifics didn’t use Phase as the female member, rather than making up a new descendant of Phantom Girl.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of L.E.G.I.O.N. #37 - The group finally begins to realize who is behind all the problems going on with L.E.G.I.O.N. Plus, Dox decides to join G'odd's organization.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...ion-92-37.html

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Planning on rereading this shortly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Planning on rereading this shortly.
    I have a feeling you'll be glad you did. I had forgotten how good this series was when I revisited it. Great characters, great writing, great art (well, when Kitson is drawing it) - it has everything IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of L.E.G.I.O.N. #38 - As the cover indicates, it's Lobo vs Ice Man. Also, Ig'Nea finally reveals her true colors, Stealth, Phase, & Company find their way to G'odd's planet, and G'odd reveals his plans for Dox.

This issue is a hard read simply because of the art. Barry Kitson had drawn every issue since #29 so his absence is pretty hard to deal with. But it's still a great story.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...ion-92-38.html

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Totally agree about the art here. Luckily Lee Moder would get much better during his tenure on Wonder Woman and Legion of Super-Heroes.

That Maguire cover though is great! The colors really pop.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That Maguire cover though is great! The colors really pop.
    Loved the cover.

While this was probably my favorite storyline of the series, I do believe they could've done a better job with their handling of Ig'nea. I think most readers suspected her of being the traitor so it came as no surprise when it was revealed. But maybe that's just me.

Her second storyline - now that was great!!!

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of L.E.G.I.O.N. #39 - It's the final chapter of the G'odd storyline. Dox and G'odd have a final showdown, Ig'Nea escapes, Rebel has a hefty meal, and L.E.G.I.O.N. lives again.

Also, sadly, this was writer Alan Grant's last issue as regular writer. If memory serves, he was having some health issues at the time. He would come back to DC Comics to do some special issues - several with Keith Giffen on Lobo stories. Artist Barry Kitson took over as writer and artist for awhile.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...ion-92-39.html

Extraordinary Member

I quit posting on here due to lack of interest. But I wanted to share probably my favorite issue of the book, which is issue #49 (I'll be sharing #50 next week as well because it's great also). Hope some of you enjoy it.

Ig'nea is back and she has captured Stealth. She wants to trade her for Dox so she can extract her revenge on him for the death of her father. And she has an ace up her sleeve, as you'll see in this issue. Plus, one of the most amazing and shocking last pages in DC comic book history IMO (with all due respect to New Titans' Jericho).

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...ion-93-49.html

After reading the more recent REBELS run when it came out (which isn't all that recent i guess) i ended up getting a bunch of the back issues for LEGION and enjoyed them quite a bit. I've always enjoyed Space Opera books, feels like there far-off settings and cast of C- and D-list characters (lobo notwithstanding) allows the creative team more freedom. Plus Vril is a pretty great character. Honestly kinda surprised he hasn't showed up in a tv series or animated movie yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    After reading the more recent REBELS run when it came out (which isn't all that recent i guess) i ended up getting a bunch of the back issues for LEGION and enjoyed them quite a bit. I've always enjoyed Space Opera books, feels like there far-off settings and cast of C- and D-list characters (lobo notwithstanding) allows the creative team more freedom. Plus Vril is a pretty great character. Honestly kinda surprised he hasn't showed up in a tv series or animated movie yet.
    It's a head-scratcher to me how this book - and especially Vril Dox - is not more appreciated by DC Comics. I'll never understand it.

There should at least be an omnibus of this book, but definitely some TPB volumes of it.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of L.E.G.I.O.N. #50 - the aftermath of Ig'Nea capturing Dox and Stealth's child and jabbing a sword through Stealth's body.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...50-part-1.html

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Kitson was just so damn good....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Cool idea! I like your links to the blogspot site that details each issue. Keep them coming.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Cool idea! I like your links to the blogspot site that details each issue. Keep them coming.
    Thank you. Glad you're enjoying it.